Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Happy Saturday. Sad to say that I am going to have to let go of my Derasa clam. She's lovely and healthy but getting rather big. :(

:(

:slap:

Hey, no call for that, I'd come up and help install it. :D

• Like 1

I don't know why you just dont get a 500 gallon.

Give it another couple of years, she'll have one that's the full width of her nook. We got her out of the RSM, so it's just a matter of time till we get her to upgrade from this. :)
  • Like 5

Give it another couple of years, she'll have one that's the full width of her nook. We got her out of the RSM, so it's just a matter of time till we get her to upgrade from this. :)

I think she should just knock the wall down where the tank is now (nook). Behind that wall is her fish bathroom/closet. She could make the entire wall/nook a tank and access the plumbing from the fish room.

Your welcome, Kat. Tell mommy and daddy while they are in town the new plans.

• Like 1

I think she should just knock the wall down where the tank is now (nook). Behind that wall is her fish bathroom/closet. She could make the entire wall/nook a tank and access the plumbing from the fish room.

Your welcome, Kat. Tell mommy and daddy while they are in town the new plans.

• Like 1

=(. my yellow has been a perfect citizen so far. my blue has been picking fights though with others.

She's lancing mama with her switch blades. There are fresh wounds today. She has to go. I set up the fish trap.

• Like 1

I wish I was coming up for a shipment, I'd help you.

Thanks Stinky. I've used this trap to catch 2 rabbits so I'm confident it works well.

I think this is the end of tangs for me. :(

Your tank needs to learn manners from Clyde.

Mebbe

WWC Orange Passion :)

I am getting pretty good at recognizing that one, that was my guess. Good luck with the orange, but it looks super good even without it.

The last Yellow tang I had 30+ years ago was a flaming asshole and that did them in for me. I've had Purple tangs since 1986 and I have never had one of them act up. The last Scopas tangs we got were little shits too. Powder Blues are another one that are hit or miss, most are royal terrors. The little Fijian Sailfin in my 93 cube has been a model resident too. Orange spot or doliatus rabbitfish are damn nice too with no aggression issues, but they need to be in a school to be out in the open.

• Like 2

I am getting pretty good at recognizing that one, that was my guess. Good luck with the orange, but it looks super good even without it.

I'm sure the polyps are orange in windex light. I haven't tried it yet.

The last Yellow tang I had 30+ years ago was a flaming asshole and that did them in for me. I've had Purple tangs since 1986 and I have never had one of them act up. The last Scopas tangs we got were little shits too. Powder Blues are another one that are hit or miss, most are royal terrors. The little Fijian Sailfin in my 93 cube has been a model resident too. Orange spot or doliatus rabbitfish are damn nice too with no aggression issues, but they need to be in a school to be out in the open.

Purples need even more room than yellows tho

Not in my book Kat. We have one in a 60 cube and a 50 cube. Don't believe all that horseshit from the tang police. I wouldn't say throw a 5" one in our tanks, but these little 3-4" Purples are doing just fine. Purples are so chilled out, they're like the stoners of the tang world. When these grow out to where we think it's time for them to move on, they will go to larger tanks.

• Like 2