Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Qui est Pepe?

Kat, Peppermint shrimp are more worthless than tits on a bull at eating Aiptasia anemones. I've been reading that Molly Miller blennies eat them, dunno.

I agree with this statement. Although I think where they are collected plays into whether they will eat aiptaisa. I just bought a pair and they made quick work of the aiptaisa outbreak. however after the aiptaisa was gone they found 6 of my acan frags rather tasty :( bastards are now in my 34 with my tomato clown that has a taste for peppermint shrimp. Circle of life :lol:
  • Like 5
StinkyBunny

I agree with this statement. Although I think where they are collected plays into whether they will eat aiptaisa. I just bought a pair and they made quick work of the aiptaisa outbreak. however after the aiptaisa was gone they found 6 of my acan frags rather tasty :( bastards are now in my 34 with my tomato clown that has a taste for peppermint shrimp. Circle of life :lol:

Well, to be honest, that's usually what happens to mantis shrimp, they go to the dome. I have an Undulatus trigger that makes short work of them. Eyegore got pardoned by the empress. I've gotten Peppermint shrimp from all over the world, I even paid $35 for a pair out of Australia, those bastards did squat. The ones out of Haiti did squat, same with ones from Florida so I dunno.

• Like 1

Getting estimates for getting all new flooring in the entire apartment, painting the entire apartment and some other renovations. Never heard of somebody wanting a deposit to come measure my place, especially when you go through references and they respect the reference that sent us to them in the first place.

Frustrating convo with one lady that was just impossibly hard to talk to. I wanted beige and warm tone tiles, she points me to navy blue and gray. Paying money for a job and being a nice person in actuality apparently isn't enough to get respected as a customer. asshat.

• Like 6

We've had horrible luck with contractors, to the extent that my wife threw one out of the house and we paid him for work done and had to hire another to do the job right.

• Like 1

Tuesday Timeline

Kittiyagi.

Original colony not getting enough light in this tank Feb 2016

24937815350_fb2a7809f5_k.jpg

Colony fused together

25233405795_922ec3cf6b_k.jpg

After an RTN event that wiped out the colony save for a small piece March 2016

25696459520_38551e49b4_k.jpg

Last month

28416763925_c4b926dc50_k.jpg

Today

28589770210_096a4f77b1_k.jpg

We've had horrible luck with contractors, to the extent that my wife threw one out of the house and we paid him for work done and had to hire another to do the job right.

My bathroom renovation some years ago was a similar nightmare. They subcontract out and then run around doing small jobs all day spending an hour at your job here and there. This time we are looking at a 3 month renovation at least so we want to go with someone who may be a little more expensive but can devote the time and resources to do it.

• Like 4

Everything looks wonderful as always!

Thank you.

So, on the fish. Deciding between a small school of common chromis or 3 more anthias to complete my harem. I have one already. Not sure if the harem should have 3 females or 2 is enough.

• Like 2

Thank you.

So, on the fish. Deciding between a small school of common chromis or 3 more anthias to complete my harem. I have one already. Not sure if the harem should have 3 females or 2 is enough.

How about 3 Vanderbilt chromis. Nice color and great temperament.

Thank you.

Ménage à trois is not a harem - you need 3 females. :)

• Like 2

Ménage à trois is not a harem - you need 3 females. :)

Expert are ya? ;)

If you have contractors doing a walk through and want me to be there to talk their lingo just give me a shout

Could have totally used your help! I've had 2 already visit, one is expected in an hour and another tomorrow.

• Like 4

Thank you.

Why not both? I did something similar recently by beefing up the ventralis trio out to 5 fish (male from first trio ended up with uronema) and added a couple of blue chromis to bring that group back up to 3.

StinkyBunny

Thank you.

More females, 4-1 is the correct ratio, come to think of it, 2-1 would probably kill me today, but there was a time........

Those look lovely, thanks for the suggestion.

If we could just get youngin' to let me know when frickin' Africa ships we'd have some. I want 12 for our 2 tanks and I have orders for 30 more.

• Like 1

Why not both? I did something similar recently by beefing up the ventralis trio out to 5 fish (male from first trio ended up with uronema) and added a couple of blue chromis to bring that group back up to 3.

I'd love to add more fish but I'm at infinity and beyond already. :D

More females, 4-1 is the correct ratio, come to think of it, 2-1 would probably kill me today, but there was a time........

If we could just get youngin' to let me know when frickin' Africa ships we'd have some. I want 12 for our 2 tanks and I have orders for 30 more.

I don't mind waiting. I feel more confident in buying from Live Aquaria or Unique vs a fresh shipment. But I can set up a QT no problem now. Just need to seed it to prevent ammonia

• Like 1