Pod Your Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

StinkyBunny

You must have a tripod to do macro, I just ordered a ring flash for my 7D so we'll see if that helps. I also mess around with flash placement to see the effect of that.

• Like 1

You must have a tripod to do macro, I just ordered a ring flash for my 7D so we'll see if that helps. I also mess around with flash placement to see the effect of that.

I just picked up a tripod after after doing free hand macro for years. I can't believe how much clearer the results are . I should have done it sooner.

• Like 2

You always take 20 shots to find maybe one you like. It looks like you have a good sense of how to work it. You just have to figure out what to take a pic of with the pumps off. I want zoa garden pics please. :flower:

• Like 3

Phoenix

28714550306_8d3043b44b_k.jpg

Pics looks good, but slightly off. Make sure that the front of your lens is perpendicular to the glass. If it isn't, you'll have a bit of distortion in the images similar to what I'm seeing with this picture.

• Like 2

Phoenix

28714550306_8d3043b44b_k.jpg

That's a nice piece there. You should glue a plug next to that piece that's growing off near the center of that pic and break it off for me for the day i actually have a real system back up and running :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I went shopping yesterday. :naughtydance:

Original plan was to get 2 peppermint shrimps. I have a budding aiptasia problem. What was 2 aiptasia is now 4. In a hard to reach place even though I tried the epoxy grave. The 2 peps I got are quite a let down, I can't find one and the other has been chilling in the middle of the digitata. WTF.

I wanted a sand sifter something or other so they said we have sand sifter cucumbers, I said okay. I didn;t see it before I left the store but nearly caused an accident (my brother was driving us) when I pulled it out of the paper bag and screamed. Gosh it's ugly. It's one of those tiger tails and it's a big one so I was having second thoughts. Acclimated the guy for over an hour then gently put him on the very left back where I know it's dirty. He started crawling around. The lights were going down so I waited till he was firmly attached and then turned on the gyre.

After the cat woke me up for no reason at about 2 am (he just wanted to be chased and then put to bed :rolleyes: ) I was awake. My dad had texted me in the middle of the night about renovating the whole apartment now that we were doing half. I started texting back and then I couldn't sleep because re-doing the floor in the entire apartment means moving my tank and that was stressful. So as silently as I could I started measuring closets and things at 2-3 am. :rolleyes:

I forgot where I was going with this. Oh yes. Since I was awake I stalked the tank with a flashlight looking for the cucumber and he was partially under the rock flower. This morning he moved completely under the rock flower and the nem isn't bothered by it at all! :o WTF

My other purchase was SCHMEAR! :wub: A little fox face. He's a bit bigger that the teeny one I got a few weeks back and he was eating at the store. He hasn't eaten any food I threw in the tank today but he has been pecking at the algae in the tank. Such a good fish. The tang was a real biatch! Flashed the foxface, slapped him a few times. I thought for sure the foxface was going to sting her. Now the stories about Tangs being jerks are coming to mind, since I have a jerk tang. WTF.

When I was stalking the tank, I found Schmear trying to sleep next to the clowns and their goniopora. This is either a very stupid fish or the clowns were going to get hurt. As I shone the flashlight he darted around the tank in a panic attack and almost jumped out. WTF

I glued down some corals and the clam stage and some stuff yesterday. Then I decided to move the GSP and the container which has the baby yuma and rubble. Apollo the Rhomboid decided to jump! :o He landed on top of the electrical cabinet and ricochet and hit the tank side cabinet then on to the back of the tank. WTF!

I must have sounded tortured or I must be cussing, I don't remember but my niece and nephew came running over asking what happened. I think I was still cursing when i threw Apollo back in the tank. He was stunned and just waddled. If he wasn't so expensive I might not have a heart attack. He's fine. Stupid fish. :angry:

I also got a conch. The highlight today was seeing my little candy cane pistol shrimp, Luger, digging out from under the zoa rock where I had put him several weeks ago. :wub: He's so cute.

• Like 10

Did the pistol pair up with the Yellow Watchman?

The watchman was for Ju the Japanese pistol and no, I have not seen Walter :(

Luger was paired with Charlie, My Yasha Goby who lived with me from October 2011 to Nov 2014.

I was thinking of getting a small goby for him but that was before Ju moved to where Luger used to live.

Now that Luger has been re-located, I can try to pair him up.

I just took 3 aiptasia out of my tank yesterday. I nuked some ro water in the microwave and squirted them then took the large syringe and sucked then completely out of the tank. Time will tell I guess if I got all of each one of them, but it looked like it.

• Like 1

quite an adventure you been having! what kind of conch did you get? i got a strawberry conch recently. lazy piece of $!@#.

The Fighting conch - the guys with the big eyes and serrated sythe. I have one from John Maloney and wanted another.

I just took 3 aiptasia out of my tank yesterday. I nuked some ro water in the microwave and squirted them then took the large syringe and sucked then completely out of the tank. Time will tell I guess if I got all of each one of them, but it looked like it.

I can't reach them now, they moved after I tried to entomb them.

StinkyBunny

I might do some Wheeler's gobies in a few weeks with a box of Bali Prop. I have 4 customers that want Montis. My alk decided to take off into the stratosphere so I'm waiting to see what happens. FML!

• Like 1

That's quite a tale.

I went shopping yesterday. :naughtydance:

Original plan was to get 2 peppermint shrimps. I have a budding aiptasia problem. What was 2 aiptasia is now 4. In a hard to reach place even though I tried the epoxy grave. The 2 peps I got are quite a let down, I can't find one and the other has been chilling in the middle of the digitata. WTF.

I wanted a sand sifter something or other so they said we have sand sifter cucumbers, I said okay. I didn;t see it before I left the store but nearly caused an accident (my brother was driving us) when I pulled it out of the paper bag and screamed. Gosh it's ugly. It's one of those tiger tails and it's a big one so I was having second thoughts. Acclimated the guy for over an hour then gently put him on the very left back where I know it's dirty. He started crawling around. The lights were going down so I waited till he was firmly attached and then turned on the gyre.

After the cat woke me up for no reason at about 2 am (he just wanted to be chased and then put to bed :rolleyes: ) I was awake. My dad had texted me in the middle of the night about renovating the whole apartment now that we were doing half. I started texting back and then I couldn't sleep because re-doing the floor in the entire apartment means moving my tank and that was stressful. So as silently as I could I started measuring closets and things at 2-3 am. :rolleyes:

I forgot where I was going with this. Oh yes. Since I was awake I stalked the tank with a flashlight looking for the cucumber and he was partially under the rock flower. This morning he moved completely under the rock flower and the nem isn't bothered by it at all! :o WTF

My other purchase was SCHMEAR! :wub: A little fox face. He's a bit bigger that the teeny one I got a few weeks back and he was eating at the store. He hasn't eaten any food I threw in the tank today but he has been pecking at the algae in the tank. Such a good fish. The tang was a real biatch! Flashed the foxface, slapped him a few times. I thought for sure the foxface was going to sting her. Now the stories about Tangs being jerks are coming to mind, since I have a jerk tang. WTF.

When I was stalking the tank, I found Schmear trying to sleep next to the clowns and their goniopora. This is either a very stupid fish or the clowns were going to get hurt. As I shone the flashlight he darted around the tank in a panic attack and almost jumped out. WTF

I glued down some corals and the clam stage and some stuff yesterday. Then I decided to move the GSP and the container which has the baby yuma and rubble. Apollo the Rhomboid decided to jump! :o He landed on top of the electrical cabinet and ricochet and hit the tank side cabinet then on to the back of the tank. WTF!

I must have sounded tortured or I must be cussing, I don't remember but my niece and nephew came running over asking what happened. I think I was still cursing when i threw Apollo back in the tank. He was stunned and just waddled. If he wasn't so expensive I might not have a heart attack. He's fine. Stupid fish. :angry:

I also got a conch. The highlight today was seeing my little candy cane pistol shrimp, Luger, digging out from under the zoa rock where I had put him several weeks ago. :wub: He's so cute.

• Like 2