Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Nice pics! Are the pumps off in those?

no, I forgot :blush:

Uhh.. Is now, you mean?

Yes. Typo.

Nice pics? What did you do? Did you finally clean the glass or do a water change?

Hehehe. I did a water change yesterday, no wait, the day before. Today I scraped the glass so the water was dirty again. :lol:

That's what I'm hoping for! I've been dosing MB7 so that's no problem.

Those acros look fantastic!

Thank you. There is more color every day. That PC rainbow is 4 weeks old, had browned out, and now look at it. I've been dosing 2ml potassium every day.

• Like 1

Don't worry, I forget all the time too. When am I going to be able to talk you into a tripod and a nice used 100 macro so we can get some great macro shots of your coral? Or are you going to make me come up there again?
  • Like 1

Road trip road trip road trip!

I have a tripod. The lens, I could look at some lenses... Nothing over the top, but more macro than what I have now?

3X the "zoom" of what you have now, assuming it's within 6" of the front glass. Otherwise it'll be somewhere less than, but no less than 2X the "zoom".

ef 100mm f/2.8 usm (not f/2.8L). Used they show up on photography boards for 300$ or less. Maybe I should just ship you mine to mess with and see if you like it.

• Like 1

Whaaaaat

Okay! :wub:

I'll pay for shipping. Don't overnight it!

PM me your fedex number. Also, first priority isn't technically overnight right? fingerscrossed

Seriously though, I'll send it out tomorrow. Just please take care of the box and packing material. For some stupid reason, having the original box actually affects resell value, but it's also the best thing to ship it in of course.

Yes. Typo.

Hehehe. I did a water change yesterday, no wait, the day before. Today I scraped the glass so the water was dirty again. :lol:

Thank you. There is more color every day. That PC rainbow is 4 weeks old, had browned out, and now look at it. I've been dosing 2ml potassium every day.

Hmm, I checked, although they list the product, it's out of stock :(

On the potassium, are you testing for it? Or is it just a dosage arrived at based on what seems to work over time?

Nobody panic!

Worked on my scape with Johnny Ciotti's help. (still working on it)

The main idea was to make the slimer be more cohesive with the left side.

(and now it has room to grow too)

Before

After

28379179901_a6e6b1e77d_k.jpg

I like the new scape, has some more open/negative space, makes the tank look bigger to me.

How far apart do you put your SPS?

• Like 2

Can I ask for a top down shot of your tank? I know the can suck to try and get light, but I would like to see placement from a different angle please.

• Like 1

Yeah, sucks.

I think I want some reef chromis...maybe 3 to 5 of them. From what I understand they tend to have a better survival rate than the standard green chromis. A couple stores by me usually get small to medium sized trios and they're like 50 for 3.

Chromis vindis, Blue/Green Reef Chromis, are $6 at live aquaria. I got a dozen small ones three years ago. During the first year, I lost six. I have had the the last six for two years with no loses. They are an excellent dither fish and are peaceful to other fish. Amongst each other, there is slight aggression but nobody seems to suffer for it.

• Like 1

Can I ask for a top down shot of your tank? I know the can suck to try and get light, but I would like to see placement from a different angle please.

Here you go BogBog - click to zoom

27992066743_bac2e7d5e6_k.jpg

28575700656_f601387da6_k.jpg

27992011663_1e1fb0f511_k.jpg

• Like 7