SaltCritters.com

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

:( It seems when cardinals start, they all go. I lost my PJs a month ago.

Naw. I had 6 for over a year. Lost maybe one every 6 weeks since the year mark. These aren't collected with care from what I understand. I'm surprised they lasted this long.

And Walter can't be found. :(

jedimasterben

Don't worry about the goby, mine disappear for a week at a time.

Mine went from living in a burrow with a smasher mantis to living in the back chamber of a biocube for over a year.

• Like 2
Pinner Reef

[wanders in]

I leave you alone for 3 weeks and suddenly your ripping up floors, kicking holes in the walls and planning a new tank. sheesh! :rolleyes: I like the slimer move tho. Sorry about the Cardinal :closedeyes: Don't give up on Walter tho! Lil guy will go missing for a week or more at times. He's probably just setting up his new pad in the back somewhere.

• Like 2

One of the downsides to those filters is that you lose a lot of subtle color variations. In that photo, lots of the orange zoas look very similar (as do the green tones). In real life, those oranges have a remarkable variety of shades and tones that got lost.

(also blues and purples seem comparatively muted)

In other words... it still looks better in real life. :)

• Like 2

Custom CADlights Artisan II 50G Long

36X18X18

Fish Nook concept

Nookwithchair.jpg

Video animation of the concept.

Turn it up yo! :)

20150724_120927.jpg

Nov 2015

catwithboa.jpg

I had lunch with Chipp yesterday. He mentioned your name. It has been a while since I have been on nano reef. I do not know which was more enjoyable: the video of your tank, the background jazz or the cute cat picture.

• Like 1

I had lunch with Chipp yesterday. He mentioned your name. It has been a while since I have been on nano reef. I do not know which was more enjoyable: the video of your tank, the background jazz or the cute cat picture.

Thanks, I saw you on his FB and instagram. :)

Have you moved? When I was last on here, you had a gorgeous macro algae display refugium plumbed thru a wall into a display reef.

Nope, have not moved. My display macro fuge was on the Red Sea Max which I tore down in 2014. It wasn't plumbed through a wall though. I'd probably have a heart attack dealing with my building management people trying to get permission for that.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

I wonder how many boxes it's going to take to fill up the new coral run Kat? My west coast contact says her 4x8 is 1/2 full of shit for us, lol.

StinkyBunny

oya? what's coming?

Sticks, LOTS of sticks. She's been shopping for herself and me for about a month. She's my west coast Kat. Goes to all the wholesalers and transshippers and just "peeks" in their boxes, lol.

Well this thread would be quite literally impossible for me to completely catch up on but your tank looks great and I'm sorry to hear about your problems, but yay for recovery!

• Like 1

Well this thread would be quite literally impossible for me to completely catch up on but your tank looks great and I'm sorry to hear about your problems, but yay for recovery!

Cliff notes version.

June TOTM.

/notes.

:lol:

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about the cardinal Kat. One of my three died in January last year, the other two have been fine since then. TBH I'm kinda just waiting for the other two to go also. I loved them when they were small but now that they have grown larger they just chase each other and sometimes annoy my mandarin. I'd like to replace the pair with another wrasse or a friend for my lone clownfish.

Tank is looking fantastic though! Refresh my memory, is your light an ATI Sunpower or one of Dave's retros?

• Like 2