Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

How's the repairs coming along?

What repairs. :lol:

Still waiting for an "incident report" from management who is dragging their feet. Meanwhile the estimator for reconstruction is coming today.

• Like 2

Is that similar to a red dragon, but with green polyp instead of white? Looks so cool!

All other pics are great too!

They are rarely seen in the hobby according to Reef Builders, but the most recognized name might be the pacman acro.

Mine was a lighter color when it first arrived, it browned out in QT, then in very high light in my tank it continued to stay brown. It is only recently that is has become lighter. The tips should turn pink soon I think.

https://reefbuilders.com/2011/11/09/maricultured-bali-acropora/

They are rarely seen in the hobby according to Reef Builders, but the most recognized name might be the pacman acro.

Mine was a lighter color when it first arrived, it browned out in QT, then in very high light in my tank it continued to stay brown. It is only recently that is has become lighter. The tips should turn pink soon I think.

https://reefbuilders.com/2011/11/09/maricultured-bali-acropora/

Hmm. Any pics of that piece while it was browned out? I've been seeing a number of them come in recently with the green tips but brown body.

Hmm. Any pics of that piece while it was browned out? I've been seeing a number of them come in recently with the green tips but brown body.

This is the coral in QT (light is very red)

IMG_2569.jpg

This is the brown version when it was a high light

The poopest it got

25614257990_e6a127093e_k.jpg

This is as it got lighter

25902051701_861c8f6fbb_k.jpg

Got more color
27655331495_b61e0047c9_k.jpg
Today
28383508476_c0f798f607_k.jpg
  • Like 5

I'm sure they'll spot each other soon enough!

fingerscrossed Ju has been waving his antenna violently every time he comes out of the burrow, like trying to flag down the goby.

"OVER HERE WALTER!! YOO HOO!!"

I saw Walter looking at him from the corner of his eye.

Walter's just a little scared because Ju is so big.

Ju is YUUGE! He's easily almost 2.5-3 inches long.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

Yes feed Nori, go to the Asian market and get the green stuff. Sam, Pete, Paul and Bugs love it and it's DIRT CHEAP!!!

Get marine fish to breed is the easy part, getting them to a marketable size is the difficult part. When my Comets had their first brood I was stoked, made it 23 days the first hatch, 58 the second and the third time was the charm. I got 12 to saleable size. We've come a long way baby, but we have a LONG way to go.

• Like 2

While everybody is talking about Melania Trump's speech, I couldn't help wondering how they missed her chest

WSJ photo

BN-OZ116_MELANI_P_20160718224701.jpg

:ninja::excl::bling:

You must be referring to her hair. B)

• Like 4

Perfect. Thanks for those shots! Definitely the same stuff that's been coming in pretty regularly at very affordable prices.

YW. They could turn more blueish or greenish with green polyps also, never know what surprises are in store with brown corals :)

JavaJacketOC

DAMN POKEMON SERVERS WERE DOWN ON MY WALK

:furious:

Yeah, it seems like they're down right when I need to hit all the local Poke Stops to get more Poke Balls...not appreciated.