Pod Your Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Solution to your miso problem is simple. Just buy one of each. Make them all and throw a miso party. :P

Sorry to hear about the water damage troubles. I havent experienced anything quite that bad myself, but I do know how obnoxious water damage is.

• Like 2

Things are getting better. The high salinity event caused browning and I also lost a few of my SPS.

Some recovery photos. Both of these are taking during the same lighting period. During the mid-day cycle I find my light to be the most unfavorable, everything shows beige and brown with little color. So these are taken during the most unflattering photo period.

July 10

28044550460_03f869f071_h.jpg

July 15

28292938126_bc3ae760f7_h.jpg

• Like 4

In only five days :wub:

It took forever to get to the July 10th mark.

The tank is happy, the water is stable so it is recovering faster now.

Not out of the woods yet though.

And my ATO is on the fritz again. :(

It took forever to get to the July 10th mark.

The tank is happy, the water is stable so it is recovering faster now.

Not out of the woods yet though.

And my ATO is on the fritz again. :(

Well, you're still doing awesomely! Just keep at it, and the corals will thank you. :)

Silly ATO. I kind of want to get a Smart Micro, but my Tunze nano has been going strong for quite a while. The only time it did something weird, it was stuck at 'on' because of calcium buildup. My reservoir emptied out just before the water spilled out of the tank (thank goodness), and I gave it a vinegar bath to fix it.

Also snails. Snails are evil. I started keeping a closer eye on the ceriths getting past the overflow teeth.

• Like 1

Well, you're still doing awesomely! Just keep at it, and the corals will thank you. :)

Silly ATO. I kind of want to get a Smart Micro, but my Tunze nano has been going strong for quite a while. The only time it did something weird, it was stuck at 'on' because of calcium buildup. My reservoir emptied out just before the water spilled out of the tank (thank goodness), and I gave it a vinegar bath to fix it.

Also snails. Snails are evil. I started keeping a closer eye on the ceriths getting past the overflow teeth.

Thanks. Just keeping on swimming. I stopped keeping dwarf ceriths with my new tank and the gyre. Stocky ceriths are very good workers and don't get caught in places they shouldn't be.

Whoa Kat! Just caught up the last several pages, sorry to hear about your troubles! Stay safe, mold can make ya sick :wacko:

Thanks Tamberav. We are trying to get out of the apartment as much as possible. Yesterday I literally had to get out in a hurry, I had a massive head ache and my throat started to hurt. Much better today, the dust has settled, they removed everything that was mouldy and wet. And the dryers and hepa is also working.

• Like 2
JavaJacketOC

Sorry to hear about the flood. We experienced something similiar when I was younger due to a fire in the apartment above us...the fire department doesn't hold back. The property management company completely moved us to another apartment because the time to repair was so long.

Get some new wood floors that are actually tile :)

http://www.homedepot.com/p/MARAZZI-Montagna-Wood-Vintage-Chic-6-in-x-24-in-Porcelain-Floor-and-Wall-Tile-14-53-sq-ft-case-ULRW624HD1PR/205473903

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

Nitrate hovering at 2ppm

Phosphate between 0.04-0.08

I'll bring some of mine with me Sunday, looks like you're a little low, wouldn't want you to run out. <runs>

It's a Hydor, no floats.

Right, I have that, or had it until I tossed it. The SmartLevel controller with the 3 prongs that never seem to be consistent as to when it turns on and off?

• Like 3

It's a Hydor, no floats.

I really liked my Hydor, other than the narrow range between "refill", "just right", and "start beeping and scare the crap out of the whole family because it's too full" levels.

Unfortunately, I got tired of replacing the diaphragms on my Tom's Lifter every year. But that's not Hydor's fault.

I'm sorry the leak situation turned into such a disaster, Kat, but I'm very glad it sound like the insurance company and the contractors are making sure they get it done right :)

Right, I have that, or had it until I tossed it. The SmartLevel controller with the 3 prongs that never seem to be consistent as to when it turns on and off?

It uses a temperature differential, so it takes it a about five or ten seconds to register when the water is or isn't touching the sensor. Which makes it a little less useful in a pico tank. But since the Aqualifter fills really slowly, it works out OK :D

• Like 2

I really liked my Hydor, other than the narrow range between "refill", "just right", and "start beeping and scare the crap out of the whole family because it's too full" levels.

Unfortunately, I got tired of replacing the diaphragms on my Tom's Lifter every year. But that's not Hydor's fault.

I'm sorry the leak situation turned into such a disaster, Kat, but I'm very glad it sound like the insurance company and the contractors are making sure they get it done right :)

Stinky just sent me a box full of Toms, so I think I'm good for a couple of years. :D

Other than that I just caused a leak of my own :blush:

Left the water running and overflowed the bucket into the fish bathroom.

2-3 inches on the floor. oops. Suctioned it up with an MJ1200.

And made good use of one turbo air dryer out of the 6 that are drying the other half of the apartment.

:blush:

• Like 6
Nano sapiens

Whoa, what a mess! Sorry to see the water damage :( One silver lining, at least it didn't happen in the middle of winter...during a storm.

Hang in there!

• Like 1

My Tunze 3155 has worked flawlessly since I bought it in 2013, it's too big for a pico/small nano's but great for the bigger tanks 30g+

I have the.. uhh new micro ATO on my 10g, so far it works good but the blue light on it grows GHA, no GHA anywhere else in the tank (so far)... :huh:

• Like 2