Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Very easy to see the SPS growth in these 2 FTS.

Yes yes the glass is dirty :slap:

May 24

26619888724_9a5c63c1d7_k.jpg

Today

28333400065_d478e980f2_k.jpg

I was chatting with Johnny Ciotti on FB today.

The Slimer is about to meet the bone cutters....

My Tunze 3155 has worked flawlessly since I bought it in 2013, it's too big for a pico/small nano's but great for the bigger tanks 30g+

I have the.. uhh new micro ATO on my 10g, so far it works good but the blue light on it grows GHA, no GHA anywhere else in the tank (so far)... :huh:

Hmm.

NYFishies is on his 3rd Tunze ATO. In fact the flowers they sent me a few pages back was because the ATO stopped working while they were away and I went to their place to fill up the sump with RO. I tried everything to get the ATO to start up again but it didn't.

• Like 8

Kat what's the blue purple one under the katropora and the orange red one under that?

Tank is looking great by the way

Thanks. It's healthy, I can feel it!

The blue coral is a fusion of Veng LE and California tort. It used to show a lot of green and yellow tones in lower light but up here it is all blue and can easily be confused with an Oregon Tort.

Veng LE is also a California tort.

27043867864_cefb98bd4b_k.jpg

Below that is Jason Fox Setosa.

27655332015_1e86700cf4_k.jpg

• Like 6

Hmm.

NYFishies is on his 3rd Tunze ATO. In fact the flowers they sent me a few pages back was because the ATO stopped working while they were away and I went to their place to fill up the sump with RO. I tried everything to get the ATO to start up again but it didn't.

Is it the new nano one or the 3155? Maybe I am just lucky? I have the one with the sensor eye thing. I hope I didn't just jinx myself :o

Mine is growing compact because it is close to the front panel. Gets hit by the gravel vac every week so now it's trying to grow sideways. It sends up branches too, there is chemical warfare IMO between the cluster of corals there. However a frag of my setosa is in NYfishies tank and it looks like youra in there.

Is it the new nano one or the 3155? Maybe I am just lucky? I have the one with the sensor eye thing. I hope I didn't just jinx myself :o

my tunze 3155 has also been problematic I am on my 3rd pump and they just sent me a new controller under warranty after he tried to fix my original one. The warranty replacement, the circuit board looks different than the original one I had. Hopefully they made some improvements and this one won't fail.
  • Like 1

-Eyes the setosas- >>

Looks like the slimer's seriously making a break for it; you need to keep your prisoners under control..

• Like 3

my tunze 3155 has also been problematic I am on my 3rd pump and they just sent me a new controller under warranty after he tried to fix my original one. The warranty replacement, the circuit board looks different than the original one I had. Hopefully they made some improvements and this one won't fail.

That's crazy! I would be so mad since it is so expensive. Mine has been flawless for years, hopefully it continues to behave. I guess I am lucky or something changed in production over the years. I will keep an eye on it. Hopefully the new board works!

StinkyBunny

My Tunze 3155 has worked flawlessly since I bought it in 2013, it's too big for a pico/small nano's but great for the bigger tanks 30g+

I have the.. uhh new micro ATO on my 10g, so far it works good but the blue light on it grows GHA, no GHA anywhere else in the tank (so far)... :huh:

I LOVE my Tunze 3155 ATO, I'm in the process of changing all 7 systems over to them.

As for the Aqualifters, that pump is WAY too small for anything larger than 20 gallons. With the JBJ ATO, it times out and alarms with too small of a pump. We switched over to the 200gph Lifeguard pumps and no more issues.

• Like 1

Damn Kat sorry to hear about the water and mold issues. That crap sucks for sure! Hope they get it cleaned up properly and quickly.

Whats this talk of a new tank.... new tank or new additional talk??? :)

Damn Kat sorry to hear about the water and mold issues. That crap sucks for sure! Hope they get it cleaned up properly and quickly.

Whats this talk of a new tank.... new tank or new additional talk??? :)

It's an additional tank. Planning to start it up in August. Till August comes it is just a thought process :)

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

Slimer has been relocated. :)

I could relocate it to M's cube, how's that grab ya? :P I want one of the Blue and Red Bali slimers off the prop list.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

Damn nice looking goodies. The new frag system "should" hold a box of Acros and Montipora out of Indo. I want a box of mainly Montis with a few Acros like that thrown in there. But I wanna place to keep them isolated, Indo corals are ALIVE with all sorts of cooties.

C1020BG Acropora formosa (Blue green)

C1020B Acropora formosa (Blue) Is actually blue with red tips, lol.

Damn nice looking goodies. The new frag system "should" hold a box of Acros and Montipora out of Indo. I want a box of mainly Montis with a few Acros like that thrown in there. But I wanna place to keep them isolated, Indo corals are ALIVE with all sorts of cooties.

C1020BG Acropora formosa (Blue green)

C1020B Acropora formosa (Blue) Is actually blue with red tips, lol.

I got the formosa before (died :( ) and it's very pretty but it's not the yongei sp. which is the slimer.

• Like 1

Stinky's Dongs are in da haus!!! omgomgomg

So MariaFace and Holy Carp came over. It was supposed to be for 10 minutes as we had to go for brunch. Of course the reef is a fish nerd magnet.

kid-and-fish-tank.jpg

I pretty much ushered them out but curious George, I mean Holy Carp wanted to see the water damage in the apartment. So that was an interesting 'tour'. :D

Then we met Stinky and Ms M and I got some wet dongs from them. Brunch was next. Still stuffed. Then we went to the LFS where I used a coupon I had from RAP to get a wee yellow watchman goby called Walter. This kid is not shy let me tell you. I poured him very gently into the shrimp burrow. Twice. Nope, he went in there and then came right back out wanting to explore the tank. The poor shrimp was waving his antennas trying to get the guy to come back. He's sitting in the front of the tank bold as can be. Cute.

I fear for his life, he's very small and the gyre is very strong. Hoping for the best.

• Like 4
StinkyBunny

Yellows pair with either the Tiger or Randalls, I have a pair with a Randalls and a single with a tiger, go figure, lol. They have lots of personality, that's for sure.

I'll get another box of branch and have it there next time we go up so you can get what you want out of there. That Indo rock is nice slabby pieces with a few tables thrown in there, no fresh dongs. :D