inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Both lol

Should have re-phrased my question. Is it a Sunpower doing normal Sunpower things or is it one of Dave's Sunpower retro's on steroids lol. But, looks like you just answered my question haha.

Should have re-phrased my question. Is it a Sunpower doing normal Sunpower things or is it one of Dave's Sunpower retro's on steroids lol. But, looks like you just answered my question haha.

Four T5 and six V3 arrays. Four channel.

No steroids needed ;)

• Like 3
JavaJacketOC

When you treated your tank with PraziPro, did you notice any coral browning? I'm not sure what happened but I decided to treat my tank with it because a couple of my wrasses had great appetites but never put on weight and actually looked thin. Couple days after the first dose a lot of stuff started to brown out...not sure what else could have caused it.

When you treated your tank with PraziPro, did you notice any coral browning? I'm not sure what happened but I decided to treat my tank with it because a couple of my wrasses had great appetites but never put on weight and actually looked thin. Couple days after the first dose a lot of stuff started to brown out...not sure what else could have caused it.

Yes it does cause browning. Also wrasses are sensitive to prazi pro - this is the reason I lost my female rhomboid in QT. So be careful.

JavaJacketOC

Yes it does cause browning. Also wrasses are sensitive to prazi pro - this is the reason I lost my female rhomboid in QT. So be careful.

Yeah, too late. I lost the fairy I was concerned about (Ruby Headed) and my terminal phase Carpenters. Assuming they were just weak, the other Ruby Head and Carpenters are doing great.

I'm going to need more fish, I've been able to keep Phos pretty stable at .03 with feeding the fish every day but still can't get nitrates up.

Yeah, too late. I lost the fairy I was concerned about (Ruby Headed) and my terminal phase Carpenters. Assuming they were just weak, the other Ruby Head and Carpenters are doing great.

I'm going to need more fish, I've been able to keep Phos pretty stable at .03 with feeding the fish every day but still can't get nitrates up.

:(

JavaJacketOC

:(

Yeah, sucks.

I think I want some reef chromis...maybe 3 to 5 of them. From what I understand they tend to have a better survival rate than the standard green chromis. A couple stores by me usually get small to medium sized trios and they're like 50 for 3.

• Like 1

Yeah, sucks.

I think I want some reef chromis...maybe 3 to 5 of them. From what I understand they tend to have a better survival rate than the standard green chromis. A couple stores by me usually get small to medium sized trios and they're like 50 for 3.

I've considered chromis. Not sure if they will fight till only one lives.

JavaJacketOC

I've considered chromis. Not sure if they will fight till only one lives.

The blue reef chromis are supposed to be pretty peaceful but who knows.

StinkyBunny

Yeah, sucks.

MOST Chromis are assholes, no ifs, ands or buts, they're assholes. The ONLY exception to that are the little Vanderbilt's chromis from Africa. I've never been able to keep the little shits for more than a year before they highlander each other. Even in out old 8' 240 they offed each other left and right and I started with 20.

Maybe more wrasses....Coral Gazers has pintails for 80.00 :scarry:

What's their scientific name?

Maybe more wrasses....Coral Gazers has pintails for 80.00 :scarry:

If its C. cf lanceolatus, then you can get them here for a fraction of that.

http://www.nyaquatic.com/pin-tail-fairy-wrasse-cirrhilabrus-cf-lanceolatus/

MOST Chromis are assholes, no ifs, ands or buts, they're assholes. The ONLY exception to that are the little Vanderbilt's chromis from Africa. I've never been able to keep the little shits for more than a year before they highlander each other. Even in out old 8' 240 they offed each other left and right and I started with 20.

Most likely

Cirrhilabrus cf. lanceolatus

Colors looks great on that Katropora.

Dealing with the chromis issue. Started out with 3 and the biggest offed the other two. Just added two more a week ago so we'll see how these two work out. They're all currently getting bossed around by my largest P. ventralis so hopefully that helps somewhat as they huddle around each other for safety.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

$80 is about right for a terminal phase male according to my price lists. And the price of the Tonozukai, HO LEE SHIT!!!

Oh yea, those Philippines abalones are Black Abalones. getting a decent picture of them before they head off to bed when the lights come up is damn near impossible.

Haliotis_cracherodii.jpg

JavaJacketOC

If its C. cf lanceolatus, then you can get them here for a fraction of that.

http://www.nyaquatic.com/pin-tail-fairy-wrasse-cirrhilabrus-cf-lanceolatus/

Most likely

Cirrhilabrus cf. lanceolatus

Colors looks great on that Katropora.

Dealing with the chromis issue. Started out with 3 and the biggest offed the other two. Just added two more a week ago so we'll see how these two work out. They're all currently getting bossed around by my largest P. ventralis so hopefully that helps somewhat as they huddle around each other for safety.

Yes, I believe they're C.lanceolatus based on the pictures, I haven't seen them in person though.

Don't the terminal males have fairly short life spans? Was thinking about adding a wrasse of some sort and going for a female, seems people report they turn male anyways, even when another male is present.

• Like 2