Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Hey Merthy!! How are ya?

Thanks, it looks entirely different from the top. Also I'm not sure how people get killer top down shots. I took this without T5s and with my cell phone but even so, I wish there was a better color to it.

That is a Golden Rhomboid wrasse. He answers to "Apollo" :lol:. He's my bad-ass addition to the tank. He had a girlfriend but she didn't make it past QT. :(

Kat's Greenies are the Grandis Palys. Markalot comes up with the best names for my corals. :D

In terms of size per polyp, mine were kind of large to begin with and they do shrink and extend as the day goes by I have noticed.

That is good to know. I always thought they killed each other till one was left.

Fish don't always behave the same. However, there is sociology in the fish tank. While I am not a proponent of live rock as a biofilter because substrate is much more effective as a biofilter because of its large surface area to density. Bacteria coat the surface area. I use diver collect aquacultured rock because of its biodiversiith.

Live and dry rock provide hiding places forf fish to feel safe. When schooling fish feel safe in their tank, they will school and often dither about as they float and dart.

• Like 1

I love your watermark :wub:

But you see my dilemma, the echinata growth form doesn't match my colony right now, and it's pretty big, if stunted. I'd say 3x3

Hehe, thanks. I need to dig that watermark out. Haven't used it since I last got out of reefing.

So! I is going on vacation tomorrow. :D

tumblr_mh866qlXde1qau71ho1_r1_500.gif

Wild-Tutu-Shaking.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Kl0YZ.gif

giphy.gif

Fancy. Whatever happens in the Hamptons stays in the Hamptons (pinky finger up).

• Like 3

I'll ping you when I make frags next.

Last day in the Hamptons. Most of us are up, we have so much clean up to do. We've been sleeping at 2-3 am and that is usually after a 2nd dinner that we cook at 1am. Lol. I may have posted a group picture on social media at 2am last night. I may or may not have imbibed in copious amounts of alcohol. I may or may not have collected some algae from the beach. I may have tried to catch some fiddler crabs.

• Like 7
Pinner Reef

I'll ping you when I make frags next.

Last day in the Hamptons. Most of us are up, we have so much clean up to do. We've been sleeping at 2-3 am and that is usually after a 2nd dinner that we cook at 1am. Lol. I may have posted a group picture on social media at 2am last night. I may or may not have imbibed in copious amounts of alcohol. I may or may not have collected some algae from the beach. I may have tried to catch some fiddler crabs.

#winning

Looks like you're having fun out there!

• Like 1

Ha. We had 8 lobsters in the pot and they were jumping out. Lot of cussing by the cook.

Love to eat lobster... hate to think about this part of it.

bob1.jpg?w=523

• Like 4

eeeek! I love lobster :) I think if I cooked a live one, I would have to give it a quick death with a chop through its head or something instead of watching it try to jump out of a pot, ouchies!

I'm craving some lobster now though....

• Like 3

eeeek! I love lobster :) I think if I cooked a live one, I would have to give it a quick death with a chop through its head or something instead of watching it try to jump out of a pot, ouchies!

I'm craving some lobster now though....

As a Cajun, I have boiled many sacks of crawfish. The proper way is to boil water first, then add mud bugs or lobster, thereby assuring instant death.

• Like 1