ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

NorthGaHillbilly

Where the #### you been? That is one of my favorite shows besides Dexter and Breaking Bad.

And TWD

Dexter was AWESOME at first, but it really fell apart in the last few seasons IMO

• Like 2
NorthGaHillbilly

This

Sigh.

afraid so, id want it lowered an inch or two

You could heat up the back of the holder and bend it down, so the front edge of the sock is lower into the sump

• Like 2

Yeah I can't say that's not the truth, I know I've said that about 7 times. Okay from now on I am going to change the socks every two days, next thing I know they're overflowing.

:slap:

The more I look at that elbow the more I want to fix it.

As ugly as that elbow is, given the offsets that are happening in the short segments of flex, I'm glad you didn't try to hard plumb that in, would have been a lot of stress on that bulkhead.

Why not attach magnets to the sock holder and let it sit down inside the sump a bit ?

This. Though, might have to be strong magnets as that sock will get pretty heavy.

• Like 1

www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarium-White-Filter-Sock-Holder-4inch-Sump-LIMITED-TIME-Pricing-/131358914608

thank me later...

Problem solved.

As ugly as that elbow is, given the offsets that are happening in the short segments of flex, I'm glad you didn't try to hard plumb that in, would have been a lot of stress on that bulkhead.

If measured properly it wouldn't add any stress to the bulkhead imo.

• Like 1

This. Though, might have to be strong magnets as that sock will get pretty heavy.

I think if the piping was the right length it wouldn't put any stress. It's just a 90 straight up into the bulkhead.

• Like 2

Not changing socks daily, not practical even if I disnt travel as much as I do.

I've got conflicting opinions on simply everything in this build. I wish I could say that I'm going to follow my gut when it comes to this plumbing business but I can't. I don't know enough.

• Like 1

Sons of Anarchy marathon. This is my first time watching the series.

I just started watching SOA a couple of months ago. I'm up to the last episode of season 6 now. I'm definitely getting my money's worth from my amazon prime account, lol.

• Like 1

I've got conflicting opinions on simply everything in this build. I wish I could say that I'm going to follow my gut when it comes to this plumbing business but I can't. I don't know enough.

Doesn't that apply to just about everything in this hobby? lol

• Like 5
NorthGaHillbilly

There are plenty of opinions, and more than one way to skin a cat. Your soft sections should be fine, just dont push the GPH as the barb adapters restrict flow some. the sock is my main worry, but just take into account it overflowing and if that can happen without a problem then carry on.

I only run a sock 3 or 4 days a month, just to catch detritus I stir up on cleaning days, so like I said, there are many ways to get the job done

EDIT: The funky 90 is on your return, so no worries with too much flow