Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Happy thanksgiving, have some cuteness overload:

http://i.imgur.com/ku6IEJf.mp4'>http://i.imgur.com/ku6IEJf.mp4

:wub:

We are out for dinner. By the time we go home it will be way way past Bogi's dinner time. I'm trying to talk my niece into sticking her leg just inside the door when we get home. Sacrificial limb. I told her she can always grow another leg but Bogi's 15th birthday is a one shot party.

• Like 4

Looks like this is the upgrade tank now eh? I can see a ton of work has been put into it already. Best of luck with it and happy birthday to your cat too.

• Like 1

Re-did the sump today. Drained it, unhooked the pump, took out the skimmer and re-aligned it. It was too tight with the ATO stuffed in there and there was a noticeable humming noise. The skimmer pump was making the front panel vibrate against the hinge ever so slightly but enough to drive me bananas and also, I am sure that was not a good idea to have happen. I had about 1/2" or so to the back to clear the hinges but I opted to remove the ATO reservoir instead.

20141128_182323.jpg

Took the opportunity to place some eggcrate beneath the skimmer. It's been doing well today. Added some Dr Tims one and only so skimmer is off for the moment. Put in the big nepthea leather and some macros from the old fuge in here. Installed the light, still have to work on installing the second hanger.

Going to add some sand to the fuge tomorrow, and then the big pistol shrimp. Not transferring any more rock from the old fuge right now, will do so after the main display has been transferred over.

• Like 14

Good morning. I think today might be the day the big colony rock moves to the new tank. Which means the light also. Nervous.

The Kat gets very high PAR in the RSM being at the very top of the tank. I will need to crank up the LEDs on the old light. There were only a few inches between the coral and the light in the RSM, in here there is at least 12 inches.

I was planning a water change for the RSM today, wanting to throw the water into the new tank. Some DOC for the new system.

• Like 2
Good morning. I think today might be the day the big colony rock moves to the new tank. Which means the light also. Nervous.

The Kat gets very high PAR in the RSM being at the very top of the tank. I will need to crank up the LEDs on the old light. There were only a few inches between the coral and the light in the RSM, in here there is at least 12 inches. I was planning a water change for the RSM today, wanting to throw the water into the new tank. Some DOC for the new system.

Woot woot!

Dang maybe I need to crank the radion up more I forgot you said the katapora was right under your light. I'm at 52% with the gen3 pro... But it's probably a good 12" away from the light. It's encrusting on to the plug now.

Woot woot!

Dang maybe I need to crank the radion up more I forgot you said the katapora was right under your light. I'm at 52% with the gen3 pro... But it's probably a good 12" away from the light. It's encrusting on to the plug now.

Yeah it loves high light but watch your other corals too.

i loved the first 4 seasons.

then over the next 3 seasons, my love slowly transformed into.... toleration. yeah, that's the right word.

agree, I got to the 2nd episode of the final season and quit watching.

recently binge watched all but s4 of game of thrones though, good stuff there.

I think most series lose their focus after a few seasons, some go off on tangents or writers/directors/producers get changed and then it changes.

nip tuck was the perfect example of this...