Pod Your Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

I have always done a transfer with no re-cycling and no issues. Until I get home since I just jinxed myself! HAHA!

I wanna see corals! :)

As for your question on the pumps I always ran my tank with pumps on and added a HOB to help pull out some of the gunk floating around in there faster.

The bacterial bloom will continue until the bacteria has some place to go, aka rock and sand ;)

Well, now there is sand. And I put some of my old nasty sand on it to train the new bacteria. You know, show 'em the ropes on what to do and all.

• Like 5

I had my first bacterial bloom cycling the Cadlight tank. Lasted 48 hours and went away. I had sand and rock in it it was running about 1 week (clear) then boom.

• Like 1

I have always done a transfer with no re-cycling and no issues. Until I get home since I just jinxed myself! HAHA!

I wanna see corals! :)

As for your question on the pumps I always ran my tank with pumps on and added a HOB to help pull out some of the gunk floating around in there faster.

Did you use any new sand or rock in the transfers?

Did you use any new sand or rock in the transfers?

Yes. When I upgraded I mixed my old and new and when downgraded used completely new sand because I wanted a finer grain than what I had previously.

Yes. When I upgraded I mixed my old and new and when downgraded used completely new sand because I wanted a finer grain than what I had previously.

That's good. The tank is not cycling. Ammonia is zero. I was intending for it not to have a cycle. Soon as the bacterial bloom clears I start moving the corals and rocks.

• Like 2

Sexy FTS. Boom.

Added sand. should I turn on the pumps. This shits nasty.

20141202_111953.jpg

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I can't wait to see how you scape this bad boy! What are your plans on the aqua scape anyways?

How does Pope kill Bobby if Pope is dead? I'm currently on ep.3 of season 7. Had to pay $35 for the season in HD, while seasons 1-6 were free....sucks, but worth it :).

Pope has a right hand man that took over for him and they call him pope. I forgot the original died.
  • Like 1

Sexy FTS. Boom.

Added sand. should I turn on the pumps. This shits nasty.

20141202_111953.jpg

I'm gonna cherish this moment.

because for once, my tank is actually better looking than yours. hahahaha

:D

it won't last long. so i'm going to embrace this feeling.

• Like 2

Pope has a right hand man that took over for him and they call him pope. I forgot the original died.

August Marks...and they call him Marks, although his company is still Pope Industries.

• Like 2

Get that pump running with a filter sock to catch all that ish! Should clear up in no time.

Yup, did that.

20141202_155817.jpg

I'm gonna cherish this moment.

because for once, my tank is actually better looking than yours. hahahaha

:D

it won't last long. so i'm going to embrace this feeling.

:slap: your tank always looked awesome. My tank had crazy corals that's all.

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I can't wait to see how you scape this bad boy! What are your plans on the aqua scape anyways?

:)

Will be something like this

20141120_145004.jpg

• Like 7