Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

I think the micro bubbles will settle down once the skimmer is broken in and you close the wedge pipe a bit, now with being completely open all of the bubbles are escaping the skimmer instead of staying inside the reaction chamber of the skimmer. If the doesn't work you can run a filter sock on the outlet pipe of the skimmer.

• Like 1

First few days I had bubble magus curve 5 online I had micro bubbles get past the 2 baffles and into the display, after those first few days of break in I have nada now.

• Like 1

U only did a single baffle in the sump didn't you?

I did the one I showed you

kat%2520sumpasaurus.jpg

I think the micro bubbles will settle down once the skimmer is broken in and you close the wedge pipe a bit, now with being completely open all of the bubbles are escaping the skimmer instead of staying inside the reaction chamber of the skimmer. If the doesn't work you can run a filter sock on the outlet pipe of the skimmer.

Outlet pipe, hmmm.

The beast is online as of a few minutes ago. Skimming extremely wet at zero.

20141126_153606.jpg

Temporary drain line is open.

Good job on following instructions, glad I took my time going into detail for you. BTW if the drain line is open you aint skimming just making a ton of bubbles... hence why you have bubbles getting into the display. :wacko:

Put a filter pad in between the baffle for now, that solved it for now.

Good job on following instructions, glad I took my time going into detail for you. BTW if the drain line is open you aint skimming just making a ton of bubbles... hence why you have bubbles getting into the display. :wacko:

Skimmer is skimming very wet, the cup is overflowing in a matter of minutes. Drain line stays open till it is broken into.

Skimmer is skimming very wet, the cup is overflowing in a matter of minutes. Drain line stays open till it is broken into.

Of course it does you have it set to push all the water coming in out through the cup LMAO

It means your doing it wrong. I'm not going to explain it again I already obviously wasted my time going into detail after you pmed me about how to operate that exact skimmer since I have 2 of that exact model and 2 of its larger version :lol:

I'm asking what you mean in that statement, not to explain everything. This isn't my first skimmer, but no worries I have appreciated your help.

I already told you everything.... you are doing it wrong. Maybe you should go back and reread that pm a few times.

For now the skimmer is just breaking in, i.e it's getting rid of all the stuff left on the acrylic during manufacturing. You can usually speed up the break process by giving the skimmer in a vinegar bath. Once the skimmer is broken in you can adjust the wedge pipe (what restricts how much much water goes into the skimmer body or leaves right out of the outlet.) Another thing, and I'm not sure because I've never owned a BM before, just make sure the skimmer is in the correct water depth. If you follow that advice you'll be good to go soon. Enjoy SOA.

For now the skimmer is just breaking in, i.e it's getting rid of all the stuff left on the acrylic during manufacturing. You can usually speed up the break process by giving the skimmer in a vinegar bath. Once the skimmer is broken in you can adjust the wedge pipe (what restricts how much much water goes into the skimmer body or leaves right out of the outlet.) Another thing, and I'm not sure because I've never owned a BM before, just make sure the skimmer is in the correct water depth. If you follow that advice you'll be good to go soon. Enjoy SOA.

Thanks Crazy. The skimmer is not new, and it enjoyed a vinegar soak before I got it. The wedge pipe is at the lowest flow level at the moment and it is like a faucet. Will take some time to re-break in.

meh don't worry about microbubbles just yet, after a biofilm builds up on your plumbing and the skimmer breaks in they should disappear for the most part. Also while cycling I didn't run mine so by the time the diatoms were here the microbubbles disappeared for me. Also is the water falling at all into your return chamber? I get tiny microbubbles if my level drops from running out of topoff and the return chamber gets a bit too low.

• Like 1