Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

I have a mesh one on my RSM at the moment, I have been using it since I have been feeding less during this transition time. In the normal course, I use only felt. 200 microns. That's what works for me and the level of crap in my system.

Lived... or came back to life? Zombie GSP!

Zombie GSP, ha. Appropriate.

• Like 1

From where I divert flow back to my sump skimmer chamber keeping the water moving pretty briskly in there I find the skimmer pulls most of my particulate matter and havn't felt the need to use a sock to get the water clean.

From where I divert flow back to my sump skimmer chamber keeping the water moving pretty briskly in there I find the skimmer pulls most of my particulate matter and havn't felt the need to use a sock to get the water clean.

Oh I've no doubt it's clean. My experience with my husbandry and my RSM has been different so I have no experience other than mine to tell me it's going to be detritus city unless I get a felt sock on there. Hell I have detritus even with felt socks, that's what running a dirty system means.

Oh I've no doubt it's clean. My experience with my husbandry and my RSM has been different so I have no experience other than mine to tell me it's going to be detritus city unless I get a felt sock on there. Hell I have detritus even with felt socks, that's what running a dirty system means.

What skimmer have you been running? At one point I fed 4 times a day and did not have a ton of crap in my sump lol

The RSM has had SCA301. The new tank has the BM-180A

What skimmer have you been running? At one point I fed 4 times a day and did not have a ton of crap in my sump lol

I feed my corals, not the fish. The foods are much smaller.

Finally picked me up a gal of bleach and a bottle of prime. So far have been changing the two filter socks once a week. Rinse out real good and dry for two weeks then get used again since I have 6 total if that makes sense. Now I'll rinse um good than soak in a gal of water with a cap full of bleach for 24hrs. Then soak in another gal of water with a cap of prime and air dry for a week or so. Hopefully that'll do a better job cleaning them, plus I'll be ordering more on Black Friday at BRS with some neptune goodies.

jedimasterben

Finally picked me up a gal of bleach and a bottle of prime. So far have been changing the two filter socks once a week. Rinse out real good and dry for two weeks then get used again since I have 6 total if that makes sense. Now I'll rinse um good than soak in a gal of water with a cap full of bleach for 24hrs. Then soak in another gal of water with a cap of prime and air dry for a week or so. Hopefully that'll do a better job cleaning them, plus I'll be ordering more on Black Friday at BRS with some neptune goodies.

The bleach really doesn't do anything other than make them look clean.

• Like 2

Mine go through the washing machine, sometimes I add bleach, sometimes I don't.

• Like 1
The bleach really doesn't do anything other than make them look clean.

The bleach has gotta kill something in them? Or at least the fishy smell

Mine go through the washing machine, sometimes I add bleach, sometimes I don't.

Thought about it but I'm sure the fiancé would love to hear them bouncing around inside her precious red front loader kenmore elite blah blah blah

• Like 2

The RSM has had SCA301. The new tank has the BM-180A

The sca is a ####ing joke in comparison. I have the 302 (which is larger), you seen the cup comparison shot I did in my thread ;)

I feed my corals, not the fish. The foods are much smaller.

food is food doesn't matter if you feed your corals, fish, or just throw bricks of frozen shit in for fun. Really a skimmer should do better with smaller particles anyways.... you just have to have one that is decent, the sca is not IMO and I am sure once you get the BM dialed in you will quickly figure that out.

• Like 1