inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

JavaJacketOC

Debating if I should get another piece of the red planet or watch this one re-color itself over time.

It's been like this for over a month

25921578333_1d3f7984b8_b.jpg

And used to look like this

24606541173_7aeb26ba49_b.jpg

What changed that caused the color loss? (sorry if you already posted what happened, I can't keep up with your tread!)

The red planet I picked up from a local reefer came in super pale pink, no green at all even though his mother colony had a green base. So far it's started become more of a vibrant pink but no green. Seems happy, lots of PE in high flow/light.

What changed that caused the color loss? (sorry if you already posted what happened, I can't keep up with your tread!)

The red planet I picked up from a local reefer came in super pale pink, no green at all even though his mother colony had a green base. So far it's started become more of a vibrant pink but no green. Seems happy, lots of PE in high flow/light.

I moved the branch it's on. And it decided it didn't like my meddling.

Red planet shows more green in lower light, more hot pink to red in higher light IME.

• Like 1
JavaJacketOC

Red planet shows more green in lower light, more hot pink to red in higher light IME.

Ahh, you made it angry. IMO just forget about it until it catches your eye one day because the color is back :)

StinkyBunny

They eventually come around, Don't know if I have the patience this time around.

I have ZERO patience for acro's asshattery. I barely have the patience to turn regular bubble corals green.

Just had to play with your dong didn't you? You keep that up and you'll go blind!!!! :D

• Like 4

Dallas. I have spoke with Melev a couple of times but never had the pleasure to meet him. I was admiring a beautiful new frag tank he had built for Select Corals at the last frag swap. He does great work! A

Also do you have an ID on the palys in pic 7 and 9. I have some that I was told are "scrambled eggs" which I don't believe to be the case. They look exactly like yours though.

sunny D's

Also your pink kraks appear to be pink hippos

No. He meant the polyps on the branch. The pink hippos (my fav!!!!) Are on the zoa island.

They are on the disc by themselves. The kracks are being smothered by the long lash something or other zoas

Did it break off? Did batman do it?

No, I ah, bought more colonies. :blush:

The color isn't proper because of the light over the QT. :blush:

It looks similar in color to the Katropora but it's a different species. And there are 3 more colonies..... :blush:

Just put up some of the existing colonies for sale :blush:

The huge green digi

The orange digi

The WWC millie

Darth Maul Porites

Batman is innocent!

+1

• Like 3

And what else happened? KAT'S GOT THE CRABZ!!!!!! So do I. 1 Poci was DOA as was a CB angel. :(

I got like 15 crabs. I'm so happy. :wub:

sunny D's

Also your pink kraks appear to be pink hippos

Pink Kracks have been un-smothered :)

And the fruit loops showed up as well :happydance:

25979275333_ce0c786c0c_b.jpg

Hey Stinky - say hello to my lil' friends :)

26582435955_e058691264_b.jpg

26516528791_34ed0205b6_b.jpg

26582434145_5b0552acf5_b.jpg

Look at this guy

26582448265_0fa881e884_b.jpg

And when I got the frag in Nov 2014

20141106_143232_1.jpg

• Like 7

No, I ah, bought more colonies. :blush:

The color isn't proper because of the light over the QT. :blush:

It looks similar in color to the Katropora but it's a different species. And there are 3 more colonies..... :blush:

Just put up some of the existing colonies for sale :blush:

The huge green digi

The orange digi

The WWC millie

Darth Maul Porites

+1

yay, I want some porites.

I thought you broke that thing off the katropora colony...

StinkyBunny

yay, I want some porites.

I thought you broke that thing off the katropora colony...

Talk to the big W for a Porites colony, get one with the coco worms in them, damn cool critters. I think there's a cylindrical Porites out of Fiji, maybe yellow? <looks at last availability>

Yep, sure enough these guys.

WSI_Porites_cylindrica-3.jpg

There were a pair of crabs in each poci colony. i hope the one will come back and I knew you weren't leaving there with no goodies, lol.