Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Very cool fish. Good luck with them! Hope they behave nicely for you!

Thank you!

They are godzilla and mothra. I already named them last night. :angry:

Oya? So Star, Mathilda and Sirus are in your tank then yes?

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

I wish there was some kind of post or thread where we could see when/what fish are "in season"... Saw all the itty bitty fuzzy lions a few months ago when I wasn't ready, and now that I am, I can't find any :huh:

Ofc a lot of fish are always readily available, but it definitely seems like there are best times to buy certain things too.

Which ones are you looking for? Scientific names work best. I'm about 90 miles north of you, but I can QT them and bring them down when we do Thai food in Springfield. I import.

I have been waiting a year for a PSW!! A couple came up when it was (IMO) too cold to ship so I skipped.

WTF's a PSW?

• Like 1

Which ones are you looking for? Scientific names work best. I'm about 90 miles north of you, but I can QT them and bring them down when we do Thai food in Springfield. I import.

WTF's a PSW?

Pink Streaked Wrasse

• Like 2
Pinner Reef

So these guys were collected from the Northern side of the Mili Atoll reef. :wub:

Didn't they bomb every living thing off the islands surrounding the water in nuclear tests?

Anybody have a meter that detects radiation? :lol:

Yes, the Bikini Atoll tests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_testing_at_Bikini_Atoll

And yes, I do have a Geiger Counter if you want to borrow it, but you'll probably pick up higher counts from your dinner plate than a swimming fish tho. :P

Perchlets seem super popular right now, and they're totes adorbs :wub:

Had never seen this fish... and you're right, they're pretty damn cute.

They are godzilla and mothra. I already named them last night. :angry:

Waaay cooler than my suggestion (below)

Goldilocks and Bear.

Yeah, don't name them that... You know about my superstition. :unsure:

• Like 3

I believe she's looking for one of these: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+2908&pcatid=2908

Good looking fish/fishes/feesh (?) Kat!

:lol: Feeshoo and Feeshee.

Thanks!

Yes, the Bikini Atoll tests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_testing_at_Bikini_Atoll

And yes, I do have a Geiger Counter if you want to borrow it, but you'll probably pick up higher counts from your dinner plate than a swimming fish tho. :P

Marshall and Bikini.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

I just had a great Greek salad, now to feed the fishies some salad. Little Pete, the Purple tang, LOVES his romaine lettuce. If you go looking for another herbivore, Purple tangs are the shiznit. Oh yea, going to pick up a 120 tomorrow and set up another system which means we'll probably be seeing you a lot more often. :D

http://www.seacave.com/poi/seascope.php

jedimasterben

I just had a great Greek salad, now to feed the fishies some salad. Little Pete, the Purple tang, LOVES his romaine lettuce. If you go looking for another herbivore, Purple tangs are the shiznit. Oh yea, going to pick up a 120 tomorrow and set up another system which means we'll probably be seeing you a lot more often. :D

They're one of my favorite tangs, but even a small one wouldn't be able to stay in my 40 for too awful long :/

• Like 1

We had 11 tangs in the old 240 back in the 80s so I'd say yea. The only ass holes are Powder Blues. The Purple we had was a good 7" in diameter.

I have two blues in QT right now maybe I should look for a small purple to go in with them...hmmm
jedimasterben

We have one in M's 60 cube. You do realize that little tiny 2"ers are available?

I've never seen one for sale that small, though I've seen just about every other Zebrasoma that size. :/

StinkyBunny

The one in her cube is 2.5-3". I just looked on another list and they have 1-2" available. They are the coolest tangs, damn shame they're $953,929 ea.

• Like 1