Pod Your Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

they tried to jump.

Not surprising at all. They look great, that male is a great looking initial phase, his coloration is going to get better even :)

The golden rhomboids were not on anybodies list

Thats incorrect..... pulled from my pm to you :P

"Fairys are sweet too, will not be overly easy sourcing the females much like female flashers aren't often available typically for most but some that are easier to find (are also the more pricey ones) like rhomboids"....

StinkyBunny

If the 2-3" ones go on sale I WILL be ordering a 10 lot. Those tiny Sailfins out of Fiji are damn nice little tangs as well. Not real skittish.

• Like 1

Not surprising at all. They look great, that male is a great looking initial phase, his coloration is going to get better even :)

Thats incorrect..... pulled from my pm to you :P

"Fairys are sweet too, will not be overly easy sourcing the females much like female flashers aren't often available typically for most but some that are easier to find (are also the more pricey ones) like [/size]rhomboids"....[/size]

Goldens specifically. That's what I meant.

Goldens specifically. That's what I meant.

rhomboids and golden rhomboids = same thing ;)

If the 2-3" ones go on sale I WILL be ordering a 10 lot. Those tiny Sailfins out of Fiji are damn nice little tangs as well. Not real skittish.

Sailfins get ####ing huge, and are fairly fast growers if fed well :lol:

Now those I HAVE seen locally. I like those, as well, though I do kind of prefer the Red Sea variant :)

Blah, I can get you a Gem tang or Koi Scopas :) LOL

StinkyBunny

Someone in a chat I was in bought a Koi Scopas, died 3 days after arrival. And for what the collecting stations get for a Gem, nope there as well.

Happy Friday!

Tank maintenance day. Siphoned 2 filter socks of 200 microns worth of detritus from the main tank with a gravel vac. Also siphoned the sand in the fuge - oh man that would have filled 2 socks by itself!

Then I did a small 3G water change on the tank. One of the long spine cardinalfish looks beat up, it's been in my tank since January of last year so maybe it has lived to it's life span, I don't know.

The wrasses in QT continue to hide but are eating. I'm trying not to feed them too much but I'll start prazi-pro on Sunday or monday. Hoping to get live black worms on sunday.

Sylvester the male clownfish is very odd. He loves the goniopora and sometimes won't venture even to eat. He swats any critter that comes close. And also waves his tail relentlessly to dig the goniopora further and further into the sand. He also scoops up sand in his mouth and spits it away from the goniopora. What a strange fish.

• Like 8

That's funny. My Bruce Jenner will flutter her tail to maintain a depression in the sand in the back where the 2 clowns rest. If I shine a light at night, it's quickly met by a small sandstorm thrust in its direction... Also, Bandido the orchid dottyback is constantly taking mouthfuls of sand out of his burrow and spitting it a few inches away. I think he's frustrated that the bulldozer snapping shrimp keeps piling the sand back up in the same places. It just bugs me when he keeps spitting the sand on other corals. Oh well, I guess that's nature.

• Like 3

That's funny. My Bruce Jenner will flutter her tail to maintain a depression in the sand in the back where the 2 clowns rest. If I shine a light at night, it's quickly met by a small sandstorm thrust in its direction... Also, Bandido the orchid dottyback is constantly taking mouthfuls of sand out of his burrow and spitting it a few inches away. I think he's frustrated that the bulldozer snapping shrimp keeps piling the sand back up in the same places. It just bugs me when he keeps spitting the sand on other corals. Oh well, I guess that's nature.

lol! Silly Critters!

• Like 1

Looking at a 120 tonight Kat, well, probably buying.

That would be sweet! Ahh now for the Cycle and the dreaded "PICS!!! Where are the Frickin' PICS!!!

• Like 2

Looking at a 120 tonight Kat, well, probably buying.

Good luck Stinky!!!!

It's amazing that there are observations about fish that you really only learn about when conversing with fellow hobbyists on forums or whatever. None of the clownfish write ups ever talk about these things.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

That would be sweet! Ahh now for the Cycle and the dreaded "PICS!!! Where are the Frickin' PICS!!!

I've done SO many cycles that it doesn't phase me anymore. I already have cycled rock so it's gonna be an add water and fish kinda system.

The guy is sandbagging me so screw him. There's a DSA 95 further up the road for more money, but it's what I really want. Well, actually I REALLY want my old 240 back, but that'll never happen. No room and the chuckleheads that bought it shoved it through a basement window and left it hanging unsupported causing a catastrophic glass failure, WHOOPSY!!

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

Ain't nobody allowed to sandbag nobody.

But you gotta have some sand in a bag for the tank right?

But you gotta have some sand in a bag for the tank right?

Right?

I have 6x20lb bags already. Ain't got time to be playing games. I asked if I could come pick up the tank tomorrow. Sorry, not available until Tuesday. Screw Annapolis during the week and their traffic. :angry:

• Like 3
StinkyBunny

Oh yea, the other tank is a 105 rimless, NOT a 90!! w00ty w00terson!! Now if I can get that and get the new system ready I'll be set for the week.

• Like 5
jedimasterben

Oh yea, the other tank is a 105 rimless, NOT a 90!! w00ty w00terson!! Now if I can get that and get the new system ready I'll be set for the week.

#winning

• Like 3

Google showed me more than just the golden as rhomboids. So I'm glad I PMd you about these guys. :wub:

Thats because google doesn't know wrasses like me :lol: I just googled them real quick and can see how you were confused by them morons now lol Guess I will have to show pics when I make suggestions in the future :wacko: Glad to help, hope they continue to do good for you Kat!

Someone in a chat I was in bought a Koi Scopas, died 3 days after arrival. And for what the collecting stations get for a Gem, nope there as well.

LOL.... so because someone had 1 fish die within 3 days they are bad huh? By that logic all fish are bad :rolleyes: Yup gems aren't cheap, but its just a dead dude printed on a piece of green paper lol

I'll tell you another damn nice looking Fairy wrasse, those checkerboard wrasses out of Fiji.

The checkerboard (Halichoeres hortulanus) is not a fairy wrasse. They also get to be 8-12" :lol:

StinkyBunny

Thats because google doesn't know wrasses like me :lol: I just googled them real quick and can see how you were confused by them morons now lol Guess I will have to show pics when I make suggestions in the future :wacko: Glad to help, hope they continue to do good for you Kat!

LOL.... so because someone had 1 fish die within 3 days they are bad huh? By that logic all fish are bad :rolleyes: Yup gems aren't cheap, but its just a dead dude printed on a piece of green paper lol

The checkerboard (Halichoeres hortulanus) is not a fairy wrasse. They also get to be 8-12" :lol:

First off I didn't say ANYTHING about Koi Scopas being a bad fish, not wasting that kind of money on a fish, even at the price I pay for them. :rolleyes: I didn't say anything about a Checkerboard wrasse, I said Checkerboard FAIRY wrasse. I should have said Polka dot Fairy wrasse.