Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

In Dallas?

Yeah, I was there 2 weeks ago. , where are you in TX?

Sweet fish. You running a top on your display ?

Thank you. The QT has eggcrate and a mesh on top of that. My DT top needs to be redone, it's crooked.

StinkyBunny

Thank you. The QT has eggcrate and a mesh on top of that. My DT top needs to be redone, it's crooked.

Email me the dimensions and I can make you one. I have to go get stuff to make 3 more for the new tanks.

Thanks Stinky.

Gonna be a while before I can lift my arms. I'm currently in an Uber XL going from Brooklyn to lower Manhattan with some friends. We spent the morning volunteering to clean up a farm for a poor community in Brooklyn. The effort to get us together was NYfishies girlfriend, our team was called Team Fishies. Lol.

Shovelling, turning bwds, uprooting chick weed, gathering sticks raking leaves. Lots of work and a beautiful day to do it too. Now we are headed for some mimosas and brunch and Advil. :)

• Like 5

Thanks Stinky.

Gonna be a while before I can lift my arms. I'm currently in an Uber XL going from Brooklyn to lower Manhattan with some friends. We spent the morning volunteering to clean up a farm for a poor community in Brooklyn. The effort to get us together was NYfishies girlfriend, our team was called Team Fishies. Lol.

Shovelling, turning bwds, uprooting chick weed, gathering sticks raking leaves. Lots of work and a beautiful day to do it too. Now we are headed for some mimosas and brunch and Advil. :)

Sounds like a great day! And for a good cause :)

• Like 1

First off I didn't say ANYTHING about Koi Scopas being a bad fish, not wasting that kind of money on a fish, even at the price I pay for them. :rolleyes: I didn't say anything about a Checkerboard wrasse, I said Checkerboard FAIRY wrasse. I should have said Polka dot Fairy wrasse.

First off it was kinda implied considering I wasn't talking to you about them yet you decided to mention someone had one die within 3 days of arrival (which means nothing, could be a newb, could have had issues that arent mentioned, could of been handled poorly anywhere along the way ect.).... good for you no one said you should buy one, and I can get good deals on them too far less then retail so what :rolleyes: lol

I know you said FAIRY, but considering there isn't a commonly accepted fairy wrasse that goes by being called a checkerboard (or a polka dot for that matter) its hard to know what your actually talking about. But hey your an "importer" and don't know common names so I'll let it slide, whats the scientific name.....

CIRRHILABRUS PUNCTATUS copied directly from the availability.

Ahh there we go, yup a fine spotted. Nice looking fish, wouldn't be a horrible addition if she added them together.... but the aussie variety are better and healthier then fiji ;)

"your"--belonging to you

"you're"--you are.

Aww congrats on your first post. Sorry I don't give a #### about grammar though but hey feel free to eat a bag of soggy dicks :)

• Like 2

Y'all being naughty? Who reported my thread?

I've been in French toast and quiche Lorraine heaven for the better part of the afternoon, and mango Bellinis, and the last hour trying to get home. Still not home. So tired. Will get home have some advil, shower, and try to stay awake till later.

• Like 3

Do you leave the rock in there for prazi treatment? Does it affect their re-use in the future?

Prazi is reef safe - I've dosed my main tank several times also. Just have to keep carbon and skimmer off for the week.

• Like 3

Interestingly the Hikari website says Prazipro is safe and doesn't even affect biological filtration. They also say it kills flatworms. Better than Flatworm Exit? I've read that FE doesn't affect all types of flatworms. I wonder if Prazipro is a better option.

• Like 2

Interestingly the Hikari website says Prazipro is safe and doesn't even affect biological filtration. They also say it kills flatworms. Better than Flatworm Exit? I've read that FE doesn't affect all types of flatworms. I wonder if Prazipro is a better option.

I recorded a podcast with a few coral vendors about pests. One of them uses Prazi-pro as the treatment for AEFW.

• Like 1

I have used prazi in a reef tank at normal dosage with no ill effects. The worst part is you have to turn off your skimmer and carbon filtration which effects water quality.

However, at higher dosages... say 3 times the normal strength, it will kill shrimp and clams. Some strains of flukes are nasty and need the 3x the strength though to take them out.

This is my personal experience with this medication.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

1 FISH IS A stone cold FLATWORM killah, Melanurus wrasse or Hoeven's wrasse. They will hunt them down like the Terminator. Same with snails, they bust open a snail and go to town.

Nice wrasse ;):happy::P

I bet you say that to all the girls. ;)

• Like 5