Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Talk to the big W for a Porites colony, get one with the coco worms in them, damn cool critters. I think there's a cylindrical Porites out of Fiji, maybe yellow? <looks at last availability>

Yep, sure enough these guys.

WSI_Porites_cylindrica-3.jpg

There were a pair of crabs in each poci colony. i hope the one will come back and I knew you weren't leaving there with no goodies, lol.

I have a yellow porites colony - been with me since November 2011. It's agonizingly slow and will not show yellow for too long, distinct green tint.

Here's the frag in 2012

IMG_4146.JPG

Dec 2015

IMG_2384.jpg

• Like 4

Ima ask you the Q errbady asks me. Where are YOU gonna put all that stuff. Aussie shit is bigger than what you got yesterday you know.

IF THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY - IF THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY - IF THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY

when you say that 3 times and put out about $500 - a larger tank appears. lmao

that's all i need and AUSSIE STUFF IS BEAUTIFUL

• Like 3

IF THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY - IF THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY - IF THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY

when you say that 3 times and put out about $500 - a larger tank appears. lmao

that's all i need and AUSSIE STUFF IS BEAUTIFUL

It's called stacking the dishwasher.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

Personally all that I'd get out of Aus is acans and scolys. You can get the same damn Acros out of Fiji @ 1/4 the price. Fiji corals are CLEAN, I've yet to see any cooties come out of mine. A friend who's big into sticks got a bad Aussie shipment and now he's only doing Fiji sticks.

I'm gonna pass on Aus this time around, I have to get these other 2 systems up and running. I'm getting a lot more calls for fish now and I need a place to QT them.

• Like 1

Personally all that I'd get out of Aus is acans and scolys. You can get the same damn thing out of Fiji @ 1/4 the price. Fiji corals are CLEAN, I've yet to see any cooties come out of mine.

I still have to go over and check them out. Maybe steal some down under crabs.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

Both of those Poci colonies I got have a pair of crabs in them. The one colony is doing good, the other has about 10% still alive. I'm going to do a box of sticks next time around. I did get something REALLY cool in there. The Pavona cactus I got is the coolest damn thing I've ever seen.. Gonna clean up my shit today, plumb in the systems and start a journal.

• Like 2

Well this weekend turned out to be a bummer. Fell sick with food poisoning. Bleeeech.

I've been pretty much sleeping since yesterday. Still had fever this morning and no energy so no water change.

• Like 1

Well this weekend turned out to be a bummer. Fell sick with food poisoning. Bleeeech.

I've been pretty much sleeping since yesterday. Still had fever this morning and no energy so no water change.

You need to put an aquarium in your bedroom. It'll help you feel better faster! ;)

Feel better.

• Like 1

Damn.

Obvious solution is to stop eating food. I hear it's also good for weight loss. :)

Hope you feel better!

Thanks everyone.

Yesterday I couldn't eat anything. When my fever broke around dinner time I had 2 buttered toast, with vegan butter, and some pedialite. This morning another glass of pedialite. Those electrolytes were much needed. I can eat now but I have no strength. I had some hash browns. And a waffle.

• Like 2