Pod Your Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

JavaJacketOC

Cute fish, I've been looking for a pair of wrasses but am having a hard time justifying spending several hundred dollars on them. There is someone local that has a pair of flame wrasses he's had for about 2 months that I've been thinking about.

I think I want a Watanabie Angel as well :(

This is my first QT evar. :blush:

I'm going to wait for them to start eating then 2 weeks of prazi pro after that.

That's the plan.

I'm sure you'll be fine but watch ammonia spikes in the QT tank. It looks like you've got some LR in there for filtration but I know when I was QTing stuff I had a tendency to put too much food in the tank in an effort to get them to eat...was all down hill from there :(

• Like 1

I'm going to wait for them to start eating then 2 weeks of prazi pro after that.

That's the plan.

First QT ever!! :slap: LOL ill be keeping an eye on this because its something im not the best at. Good luck!

• Like 1

That's the plan.

It's a nice looking QT too. So cozy

Beautiful fish Kat. Enough to make an wrasse-fan jelly. ;)

Seems like a good excuse to bring this bad boy out!

Wrasse%20Shirt_zps3pfqv9dj.jpg

I need this shirt in my life!!

• Like 1

THEY'RE EATING!

THEY'RE EATING!

omgomgomg

Cute fish, I've been looking for a pair of wrasses but am having a hard time justifying spending several hundred dollars on them. There is someone local that has a pair of flame wrasses he's had for about 2 months that I've been thinking about.

I think I want a Watanabie Angel as well :(

I'm sure you'll be fine but watch ammonia spikes in the QT tank. It looks like you've got some LR in there for filtration but I know when I was QTing stuff I had a tendency to put too much food in the tank in an effort to get them to eat...was all down hill from there :(

The plan is to do a small water change every day. I fed this morning but they did not eat, the mysis just now they went for!

I have an ammonia badge and I have some prime in the tank. Hopefully between all of that I can keep the ammonia from spiking.

The tank also has seeded foam sponges from my main system and had an old sock floating about for a week before the fish arrived.

First QT ever!! :slap: LOL ill be keeping an eye on this because its something im not the best at. Good luck!

Thank you

• Like 9

It's a nice looking QT too. So cozy

I need this shirt in my life!!

Ha. Information was hard to come by but I believe these fish are mucus cocooners so I didn't need to put in any sand.

omgomgomg

Whatchu feeding them?

This morning I fed LRS but it's an old pack and that was the first time they saw me after I put them in the tank so it could be that they were terrified. Just now I fed mysis. The plan is/was to get some live black worms on sunday.

• Like 3

Blah! I should of gotten a pair as well. will be doing so next time the opportunity comes up as well.

gonna pretend my 4 bartletts, all are female at the moment, are better than those rhomboids.

• Like 2
JavaJacketOC

Ha. Information was hard to come by but I believe these fish are mucus cocooners so I didn't need to put in any sand.

This morning I fed LRS but it's an old pack and that was the first time they saw me after I put them in the tank so it could be that they were terrified. Just now I fed mysis. The plan is/was to get some live black worms on sunday.

Most of the wrasses I've acclimated took mysis pretty easily but they don't usually know how to eat pellets. Omega One Flakes are almost always taken right (same day or next day) after they eat mysis, Omega one also makes a very small pellet...the ingredients on the flake and pellet are very meaty (first item is salmon) and it has a strong smell. You should be able to try the flake or pellet version pretty quickly.

• Like 2

I'm getting jealous Kat! I haven't had a new fish in ages.

I need to find some options for my little 10 gallon...

My little possum wrasse in the 5G was a sweet fish.

Blah! I should of gotten a pair as well. will be doing so next time the opportunity comes up as well.

gonna pretend my 4 bartletts, all are female at the moment, are better than those rhomboids.

You hustled me pretty hard for them but I wasn't having it!! You're lucky I didn't chase you around the place with a beating stick.

• Like 2

Most of the wrasses I've acclimated took mysis pretty easily but they don't usually know how to eat pellets. Omega One Flakes are almost always taken right (same day or next day) after they eat mysis, Omega one also makes a very small pellet...the ingredients on the flake and pellet are very meaty (first item is salmon) and it has a strong smell. You should be able to try the flake or pellet version pretty quickly.

Thanks for the tip

I do love the ingredients for Omega One small pellets! And NLS micro pellets are also good stuff.

I have 2 sizes of the NLS pellets and they're very nutritious. I also have like 2 jars of ELOS pellets of various sizes. :blush:

Holding out for a pink streaked wrasse. In the meantime, I want something else too!!

Those are very cute.

What about a yellow clown goby?

I'm getting jealous Kat! I haven't had a new fish in ages.

I need to find some options for my little 10 gallon...

Perchlets seem super popular right now, and they're totes adorbs :wub:

• Like 2

What about a yellow clown goby?

Perchlets seem super popular right now, and they're totes adorbs :wub:

Will they be ok with RFA's? I think little clown gobies are super cute, but worry about putting one a 10 gallon with almost 20 nems!

• Like 1

You hustled me pretty hard for them but I wasn't having it!! You're lucky I didn't chase you around the place with a beating stick.

All I can say is that I tried.

• Like 1

Will they be ok with RFA's? I think little clown gobies are super cute, but worry about putting one a 10 gallon with almost 20 nems!

:huh:

Anemone crabs. Hundreds of them. They're even spacey-esque!

Banggai cardinals? They like to hang out by nems.. little weirdos

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

Haven't had mysis fail me yet. Now the return pump on the 93 cube shit the bed, fun times for the rest of my day.

Holding out for a pink streaked wrasse. In the meantime, I want something else too!!

Those are in season right now.

Clown gobies live in/on corals, they're pretty immune to anemone stings.

• Like 2

I wish there was some kind of post or thread where we could see when/what fish are "in season"... Saw all the itty bitty fuzzy lions a few months ago when I wasn't ready, and now that I am, I can't find any :huh:

Ofc a lot of fish are always readily available, but it definitely seems like there are best times to buy certain things too.

• Like 3

Clown gobies live in/on corals, they're pretty immune to anemone stings.

I have been waiting a year for a PSW!! A couple came up when it was (IMO) too cold to ship so I skipped.

• Like 1