Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

So no brown fuzz yesterday, woke up and one of the colonies on the frag rack looked turd brown, had color and everything yesterday. Gone! This thing came out of no where covered it and killed it. :o

Okay, I may have overreacted. I had dipped the colony in peroxide yesterday to deal with a tuft of bryopsis growing on the side of it. Seems it may have turned the colony brown which peroxide does do.

My fake Rabbit is once again, nibbling on the weakened bryopsis. IDK, maybe the peroxide makes it tastier by removing the green pigment - chlorophyll? Which might have a particularly nasty flavor in bryopsis.

HarryPotter

Oya? How about later when I turned it in to a doll house?

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0349.JPG

:wub:

Looks even more natural! omgomgomg omgomgomg

My "Fuge" is a chunk of dying Chaeto. :(

• Like 2
HarryPotter

Your tank is prolly low on dirty, you need much more dirty to make chaeto happy.

Yeah and my SPS colors are fading.

I just took down my BRS reactor to try to dirty it up a bit, and bought three fish (Using that as an excuse)

I might start feeding a mysis cube daily to get some dirt! I can't even get algae to grow on the glass! :(:)

• Like 1

Yeah and my SPS colors are fading.

I just took down my BRS reactor to try to dirty it up a bit, and bought three fish (Using that as an excuse)

I might start feeding a mysis cube daily to get some dirt! I can't even get algae to grow on the glass! :(:)

What were you running in the reactor and why? The food is a good start, corals foods are good, SPS need small particle foods like reef roids.

HarryPotter

What were you running in the reactor and why? The food is a good start, corals foods are good, SPS need small particle foods like reef roids.

I was running Carbon and GFO. I don't know why, just was to keep it "clean".

:(

I'm feeding oyster fest, marine snow, phytoplankton, etc. parameters are all on spec, I guess it's a bit to clean at 0,0.

Legendary Corals

Sigh. Found an old picture of my old fuge.

Metro-Kat-Macro-Algae.jpg

This is when it was featured in ReefBuilders

I've often thought of setting up a macroalgae tank, this looks pretty nice!

KAT... wait so if you abscond to big ol Texis, what will you do with the tank??

We will cross that bridge when we come to it but imma cry either way. A move is never good for critters.

Fuge looks awesome. I need to make mine look pretty. Right now its just a couple rocks and dragons breathe.

Dragons breath looks good when it tumbles, put a small powerhead in there, I have a fountain pump I think or an old skimmer pump, then it really works and looks pretty

I've often thought of setting up a macroalgae tank, this looks pretty nice!

Thanks Darwin, it was a sweet little fuge. Then it went BOOM. Flatworms.

We will cross that bridge when we come to it but imma cry either way. A move is never good for critters.

Yep, I'm trying to postpone moving any crazy distance away until sometime that I want a break from reefing...

So maybe never. :)

• Like 1

The day i get my own place im probably going to just take the tank down and start fresh, probably a year or so away from that soooooo oh well....

But you cant leave jersey Kat :tears:

• Like 1

The day i get my own place im probably going to just take the tank down and start fresh, probably a year or so away from that soooooo oh well....

But you cant leave jersey Kat :tears:

I know, whooz going to split colonies wid ya

• Like 1

Such an inspirational macro tank / fuge. Hope you get it going again one of these days.

Hey Kat, do you think that too much light can cause the "grapes" on Red Grape Caulerpa to turn green? I know that some red macros turn green when they're dying...

20150609_163411_zps280adfb0.jpg

jackthestripper

Hey Kat, do you think that too much light can cause the "grapes" on Red Grape Caulerpa to turn green? I know that some red macros turn green when they're dying...

Looks like standard green bubble algae to me

• Like 2

Such an inspirational macro tank / fuge. Hope you get it going again one of these days.

That's really bizarre. Are you sure that isn't green grape mooching off of red grape stems?

Looks like standard green bubble algae to me

Or this