Pod Your Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

I have many of the same corals, pre-Pohls every one of them was vibrant except two - TWO- frags.

My honest opinion is that there is no stability in your tank, levels fluctuate often, the corals are constantly getting shocked. Not shocked as in oh I'm going to die on you reefer, but shocked enough that they don't know if their zoo is coming or going. If you were to test 3 times a week instead of 3 times a day as you sometimes do, you wouldn't be chasing numbers. I believe that is the key to your tank, stop chasing those numbers. Certainly be on top of it, but allow the tank some room to breathe.

I agree with that, trying to balance nitrates and PO4 without getting either too low or too high has been extremely difficult for me.

• Like 1

My Rose Milli is all funky and about to die because I added a Green War paint Goby that's been perching on it for the last two weeks :( I loved that damn Milli , but those dog on Gobies are so cute!

BTW ...GO GO DYNAMO!!!!!!!! WOO HOO they beat the NY REDBULLS 4-2!!!!!! :P

My Rose Milli is all funky and about to die because I added a Green War paint Goby that's been perching on it for the last two weeks :( I loved that damn Milli , but those dog on Gobies are so cute!

BTW ...GO GO DYNAMO!!!!!!!! WOO HOO they beat the NY REDBULLS 4-2!!!!!! :P

You're not here to gloat then.

:slap:

• Like 1

With the way NYFC spends $$ in Super Stars it might be time to dump the Red Bulls.

Heck they're just about to sign Pirlo from Juventes (Italy), plus they have David Silva and US national bad ass Mix Diskerud. Give that squad a year and it'll be top flight in he MLS.

Goniopora has some residents

20150608_112809.jpg

Siphoned the sandbed, dipped lots of frags in peroxide. re-arranged everything. Charo the urchin died while I was away. The shell is really cool though, I want to keep it.

• Like 2

How long did the urchin live?

Got her in October. So 9 months in my tank. But I got Tarte the Urchin in June of last year so 1 year and still there. Charo was much bigger so likely older I guess.

• Like 1

I know I know! I should have brought it up when we were at the bar later. It's a "possibility" due to family stuff that I need to move out and I thought about moving down here. The whole family might move down here, we are still exploring if this is to happen, very early in the game, but a "possibility". I chose Dallas because, well, y'all are here and I come so often for work anyway.

Yay!!!! Hopefully it works out, it'd be great if you were around all the time

You're just angling to get puppy visitation rights! :P

• Like 1

So this is my turd coral for Mark. It came to me like this. I usually save pictures of what corals look like on vendors websites but can't find the one for this. It was a large colony from PEA, labeled snowflake acros. The picture showed a reddish flesh with white polyps. The reddish does look pinkish in some light but as you can see it looks turdish in the picture. The polyps aren't very happy either. So this is my Turd acro.

20150608_161551.jpg

This is a picture of it from Mar 3

20150303_153523.jpg

Fan installed in the sump

20150608_161543.jpg

Top downs. Here you can see the parts killed from setosa by the brown fuzz (which is not visible today anywhere in the tank).

The yellow porites also has some dead tips and bryopsis is getting friendly on it.

20150608_141403.jpg

Dot.

20150608_141357.jpg

Slimer

20150608_141343.jpg

This vermiculata has the best blue ever

20150608_141222.jpg

Veng LE

20150608_141157.jpg

Ice Blue Tenuis (lost color on the base but polyps are still there,) with Red planet

20150608_141128.jpg

Phoenix

20150608_141138.jpg

Kat

20150608_141146.jpg

• Like 10

I'm so glad the brown fuzz seems to be gone. I love the color on the vermiculatavermiculata :) What's the coral next to it?

I'm so glad the brown fuzz seems to be gone. I love the color on the vermiculatavermiculata :) What's the coral next to it?

Thanks. Red planet and Fruit Loops.

Your Green SLimer is incredible! Im such a fan :wub:

It slimed when it heard that. :lol:

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Thanks. Red planet and Fruit Loops.

It slimed when it heard that. :lol:

Wait I'm confused. Are you logged in on private? You don't have the green dot but are posting...

• Like 1

Corals look real nice Im going to have to get on that Katropora waiting list someday. I'm glad the brown fuzz is all gone.

• Like 1

Wait I'm confused. Are you logged in on private? You don't have the green dot but are posting...

when a user is logged in on the private setting aka not on active user list, the dot telling weather they are online or not will be grey and say something to the extent of " last active private" no matter what until they log in with the regular settings. I hope this helps :)
  • Like 1
HarryPotter

when a user is logged in on the private setting aka not on active user list, the dot telling weather they are online or not will be grey and say something to the extent of " last active private" no matter what until they log in with the regular settings. I hope this helps :)

Haha okay.. still don't get why she's playing the assassin though :P

• Like 1