Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

picoreef78

No... should I?

Get it and send it to me. Real nice looking coral. I have been googling it for a while, no where around Dallas can we find cool corals like some of the LFS in California.

• Like 1

I think Bogi used to be 23, he is 15 years and has early stages kidney disease so he lost a lot of weight. But he still has a pooch.

my grandpa had an outdoor cat in a cage, cat was 18+ years old, it died last spring, I found it in the litter box so he must a had one terrible time in the bathroom lol. but either way its only thing making it seem really old was his weird raspy meow, that and its not playful or jumpiness.

I think Bogi used to be 23, he is 15 years and has early stages kidney disease so he lost a lot of weight. But he still has a pooch.

my grandpa had an outdoor cat in a cage, cat was 18+ years old, it died last spring, I found it in the litter box so he must a had one terrible time in the bathroom lol. but either way its only thing making it seem really old was his weird raspy meow, that and its not playful or jumpiness.

Oh im sorry I had no Idea he looks like a kitten in that picture. I have a cat at my parents house that was born in 98 but its healthy(grumpy as crap though) as can be so far. Its going to suck to see him go I was 7 when we got him im about to be 24 wow time flys.

The brown strings do not sound good, worst case scenario-corals are having immune systems comprised by some unseen factor and the slime is a very powerful pathogenic likely bacterial infection. Best case scenario, the slime is simply an opportunist taking advantage of a situation.

Or better yet it is just killing coral due to physical obstruction.

I dosed melafix marine which works on bacterial infections. It didn't seem to do anything positive. Maybe a sustained dose is needed, but I can't do that till I'm back home.

I am hesitant to try melafix, the oil in them that kills some bacterias can be food for others so what the concern i read is if dosed for a fish and its one of the resistant strains that uses it at as a food source the disease gets worse. If i could get the fish out of the damn tank I would try it but that ain't happening any time in the foreseeable future. sigh.

I dosed melafix marine which works on bacterial infections. It didn't seem to do anything positive. Maybe a sustained dose is needed, but I can't do that till I'm back home.

go and buy some tetracycline, its definitely worth a shot, be careful to follow dosing properly.
Mr. Microscope

Kat, I'd be happy to take a look at your brown stuff if you want to send me a sample. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested. ;)

Kat, I'd be happy to take a look at your brown stuff if you want to send me a sample. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested. ;)

Eewwwwwwwwwwwww

• Like 4
reefdiver88

So I bought the Gourmet Gadget feeder. I'm generally skeptical about new gadgets, but I like this one. It keeps food organized and can be set variably for timed distribution. The fish like it too, they dont have to hunt around as much to find the food. Seems well made, reminds me of some of StevieT's products (without the GFY!). Thanks for pointing it out.

Bah. My ipad won't let me post to the forum and it's driving me bananas. But I'm reading all the threads.

Loving the discussion on JediBears grumpy thread about phosphates, bacteria. Doc (Tibbsy) is my bacteria hero. Might have to make a drawing of a bacteria spore (if that's a term) and put a cape on it and call it Doc.

Benny and that fish catching video chewing gum like a method addict was outrageously cool.

Reefdiver: look forward to seeing you again at RAP. Yeah the gourmet defroster is really neat. They should have made it sooner.

Day 3 in Dallas. Getting together with fish nerds on Saturday, yay fun times.

• Like 2

Bah. My ipad won't let me post to the forum and it's driving me bananas. But I'm reading all the threads.

Loving the discussion on JediBears grumpy thread about phosphates, bacteria. Doc (Tibbsy) is my bacteria hero. Might have to make a drawing of a bacteria spore (if that's a term) and put a cape on it and call it Doc.

Benny and that fish catching video chewing gum like a method addict was outrageously cool.

Reefdiver: look forward to seeing you again at RAP. Yeah the gourmet defroster is really neat. They should have made it sooner.

Day 3 in Dallas. Getting together with fish nerds on Saturday, yay fun times.

My thread didnt mAke the cut?! =,[

My thread didnt mAke the cut?! =,[

headed there now :)

I haven't seen Markalot thread yet either, and I look forward to his thread updates daily.

Arce: that scape is very nice. Will show all the sps. Aren't you going to use any of your old rock?

• Like 1

headed there now :)

I haven't seen Markalot thread yet either, and I look forward to his thread updates daily.

Arce: that scape is very nice. Will show all the sps. Aren't you going to use any of your old rock?

Breaking up the old scape and dropping it in the sump. I have a bunch of rubble in the sump i plan to spread through the DT though.