Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Rabbit Stew

New in release terms means they gave it a name. I think it's probably related to Sunset, now that I look at it more closely.

Do you think so? I think it looks more like Danae, like the Phoenix.

Rising Phoenix

risingphoenixmonti-$150perfrag-500x500.j

Phoenix

phoenix-montipora-3.jpg

Sunset

P5020062__54478_zoom.JPG

I would like to get this one. ASD Phoenix Sun Montipora. Almost had it too. They had a cut up piece on one of their live sales for a reasonable price. I asked to see more pictures of it, they kept putting me off, then I see an article on RB about it.

ASD-Phoenix-Suns-Monti.jpg

Blue polyp montiporas man, it's all about the blue polyps.

• Like 6
picoreef78

Mystic Montipora - Montipora tuberculosa

Sunset Montipora - Montipora nodosa

Pokerstar montipora - Montipora monasteriata

Rainbow montipora - Montipora tuberculosa

ORA Spongodes - Montipora spongodes (verrucata?)

Phoenix Montipora - Montipora danae

And as you know these are all very different from Montipora digitata and capricornis. Montipora is the genus, not the species, so despite being in the same genus, each can be exceedingly different.

Finally names to my montipora. M. nodosa is a medium grower. Rainbow was fast then slowed down and has lost its color, is now purple/blue base and red polyps.

I can confirm M tuberculousa as a fast grower. Over the past 6 months it has quadrupled in size. Now only if my Acropora would do the same.

A lot of envy for the M. danae (Phoenix Sun) one.

• Like 1
Paleoreef103

Sunset Montipora - extremely slow to grow, and routinely dies and regenerates.

Pokerstar - slow grower, easy to kill.

Rainbow montipora - grows reasonable well, hard to kill but hard to stay colored well.

ORA Spongodes - grows fast, very easy to cull

Phoenix Montipora - slow like a MOFO chalice.

Just to name a few.

Your sunset montipora is a slow grower? Mine has undergone a few death/regen cycles, but it always grows quickly and takes over the area in the mean time.

An ORA spongodoes is one I wish I never put in my tank. Grows remarkably fast and has taken over a huge portion of my tank. It's pretty, but not a knock-out.

I've also got vivid's purple haze encrusting montipora that's nearly invincible as well. Considerably tougher than a superman, rainbow, or pokerstar monti.

Tank looks wonderful, Kat.

• Like 1

Your sunset montipora is a slow grower? Mine has undergone a few death/regen cycles, but it always grows quickly and takes over the area in the mean time.

An ORA spongodoes is one I wish I never put in my tank. Grows remarkably fast and has taken over a huge portion of my tank. It's pretty, but not a knock-out.

I've also got vivid's purple haze encrusting montipora that's nearly invincible as well. Considerably tougher than a superman, rainbow, or pokerstar monti.

Yeah the sunset is resilient but slow. ORA spongiges is so easy to remove though, super soft and brittle structurs, you can even scrape it off with a fingernail it's that soft.

Tank looks wonderful, Kat.

Thank you. It's hanging in there, some ups and down but mostly happy.

What is the Genus and Species of "Reverse Sunset Montipora" Green base, red polyps?

Reverse Sunset Montipora by Alejandro Magadan, on Flickr

Probably the same as sunset

TheKleinReef

So my niece is crazy about Taylor Swift. Cheapest tickets I could find are $125 per person. That's pretty outrageous. Is that the going rate for these pop star concerts?

worthit.

i freaking love her new album. i'm not even ashamed to admit it.

• Like 1

She's not even 8! 4 tickets $500 boom gone.

I like TS myself. hehehe

Do you know how many corals you coulda bought wit that $500..........

Coulda bought me a teal stag :lol:

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Do you know how many corals you coulda bought wit that $500..........

Coulda bought me a teal stag :lol:

i've been trying to convince my parents to frag a branch off for you, they don't like fragging.

"NO! LET IT GROW!" haha

• Like 2

i've been trying to convince my parents to frag a branch off for you, they don't like fragging.

"NO! LET IT GROW!" haha

Lol its all good, PEA just keeps teasing me by posting teal stags all the damn time, but very pricey.

Arkayology

worthit.

i freaking love her new album. i'm not even ashamed to admit it.

She's not even 8! 4 tickets $500 boom gone.

I like TS myself. hehehe

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 2

It not her music that pushed me away it's this. https://news.spotify.com/us/2014/11/03/taylor-swifts-decision/

And her chronic breakup syndrome.

If spotify is the only way you listen to music then I agree with your boycott. I listen to my ipod and the radio so I'm good.

My brother says I'm the only dinosaur that still listens to the iPod. I'm like how the eff do you get spotify in an airplane, which is where i listen to my ipod.

I have one of these crusty ones

ipod-nano-6th-gen-2apr-800.jpg

• Like 1