Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Lololol!!!

Omg, being on forums like this it's hard to gauge how old people are.

Glad we've got some younguns' started on a hobby healthier than video games.

Now watch your language! Jk

• Like 3
HarryPotter

Haha its a great hobby, where age does not effect your reputation or respect!

Meanwhile, I came home to DIATOM GALORE! (Da Da Da Duuu)

• Like 1

:huh:

Alright, adult swim time, everybody out of the pool!

:rolleyes:

Hey Kat, remember me? Long time no see :happy:

Tank looks dope and your cat is qute.

MARTIN!! I refuse to talk to you, there was nobody to hold my hand after you left.

Meanwhile, I came home to DIATOM GALORE! (Da Da Da Duuu)

Silica. Using RODI?

Selling Tacos? I love eating fish tacos

:slap:

• Like 1

Lololol!!!

Omg, being on forums like this it's hard to gauge how old people are.

Glad we've got some younguns' started on a hobby healthier than video games.

Now watch your language! Jk

yay support, I never really have played video games to tell the truth lol

I would totally have thought 1.0 was alot older than amph.

why's that?
Kfmmartin19

MARTIN!! I refuse to talk to you, there was nobody to hold my hand after you left.

Wow I just checked and my last post was a year and a half ago...that's a long time without handholding, how have you managed??

Wow I just checked and my last post was a year and a half ago...that's a long time without handholding, how have you managed??

I haven't. I'm a sad sad version of my saucy self. Have you come to torment me? Sniff

• Like 1
Kfmmartin19

I haven't. I'm a sad sad version of my saucy self. Have you come to torment me? Sniff

Yes lol. No actually I just logged on for the first time in forever and your name was at the top of the recent threads and I remembered that we were bffs so I had to stop by and say hello...how are things? I'm having difficulty remembering who I know here...basically you, Zia, and Rehype lol it's been waaaaay too long

Yes lol. No actually I just logged on for the first time in forever and your name was at the top of the recent threads and I remembered that we were bffs so I had to stop by and say hello...how are things? I'm having difficulty remembering who I know here...basically you, Zia, and Rehype lol it's been waaaaay too long

What happened to your tank?

Good morning. Short week yay. Took a picture before the lights were on of the Bali Green slimer and the area the snot killed off. It shows up as bright green i the picture - it's got algae on it. This is why it's hard to distinguish it from living flesh when the lights are on, they're both green.

20150526_065504.jpg

It doesn't progress/behave like STN, small areas show the brownish snot and appears dead. After I took the picture I chopped off the bigger branch, the middle of it was dead but the top of the branches were still viable. dipped it in lugols and Dr Tims probiotic. Supposedly fixes vibrios. We shall see what happens. In the meantime the slimer is the only majorly affected coral. My ice tenuis super blue frag is also slowly losing color from the base up, still has polyps. One of the smaller Kat frags is showing the same thing.

• Like 2

I used Phols in my 29 after testing for nitrates and phosphates and getting zip, zero, nada. No snot and after 2 days I see more color, so it will work as long as the tank has very low nutrients. I still have snot spitting out the returns but so far it hasn't killed anything.

• Like 1

I used Phols in my 29 after testing for nitrates and phosphates and getting zip, zero, nada. No snot and after 2 days I see more color, so it will work as long as the tank has very low nutrients. I still have snot spitting out the returns but so far it hasn't killed anything.

Better to err on the side of caution with these Zeo products or any products that have "proprietary ingredients" . Not suggesting they are snake oil - just that since little is known about them and they are advised as part of a whole system and methodology - taking one of out context and using it isn't advised. From personal experience.

I haven't tried zeo nutrient reducers, only additives, but I image they would work much better on high nutrient systems like mine.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

An OD of Phol's takes a little bit to show up. At least a consistent week of over dosing it.

But my brown snot that came about from the OD never killed anything or caused tissue damage. I wonder why your snot killed some tissue....

Likely because whatever it did made conditions ripe for either a bacterial infection of some sort or maybe a dormant pathogen woke up. The tank has everything already, conditions have to be right for it to thrive. Whether it's a parasite, disease, or a desirable lifeform

The dipped piece has polyps out, maybe it will make it

I have a system wide browning event that took place. Very strange.

so i got some store cred... do i want a gyre 130/150? hows yours holding up and is it a pita to clean?

Cleaning is easy, positioning is not that easy. You have to play with it to find out what position of the rotors and speed will work for you.

I have the 130. For cleaning, the 2 end caps have different sized recessed holes to match with the rotor cages.