Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

I wonder if it might be so simple as to test the water going into the fuge for nitrates, phosphates, or whatever other kind of 'ates these guys might absorb. Then test the water coming out of the fuge on the other side and see how much of the nasty is being pulled out. I've been meaning to conduct this very precise and scientific experiment, but I'm dreadfully lazy when it comes to testing parameters.

But it's not an instant thing though. It's not like it runs through a xenia reactor and 100% of the water coming out has been processed. Water sits in the fuge, some doesn't and flows right out.

jedimasterben

I am afraid to watch that

That whole series is actually really interesting, all about the weird sex in the animal kingdom lol. And the host is pretty cute. ;)

• Like 2

But it's not an instant thing though. It's not like it runs through a xenia reactor and 100% of the water coming out has been processed. Water sits in the fuge, some doesn't and flows right out.

Yeah, I'm sure that's true. Plus, you'd probably need a REALLY sensitive instrument to detect any changes that did occur.

In reading about Pohls on various forums and messaging with people that are full zeo users, I'm now sure of what is happening in my tank. Posts from Roger, Markalot, 4X5 helped tremendously. So did the reply I received from a member on another forum, who is a full zeo user.

I'm happy to confirm that I do not have dinos but a case of Pohls.

Hi

There is something in Pohl's extra that drives this kind of snot algae.
It is nutrient related.

If you have a high nutrient tank, you shouldn't really be using a nutrient related additive like Pohl's Xtra! As its use is for feeding nutrient starved corals. If you overdose it or have high nutrients already, your corals won't use it, it will just feed that snot algae.

Just stop it and the algae should fade in a few weeks- don't do anything drastic!

• Like 3

Man imma kill myself with boredom. Every series I watch has either had a season finale or a sudden series finale.

Revenge

Scandal

The Following

Nashville

The night shift

Grimm

Gotham

Secrets and Lies

Madam secretary.

Game of thrones is so disappointing this season

Penny dreadful hasn't been as riveting as season 1.

Orphan Black is good but not like the last few seasons.

Bored. So bored. i tried to get into Bad Judge but it is so over the top that I don't find it funny.

lol....100% agree about game of thrones...Its really upsetting...

lol....100% agree about game of thrones...Its really upsetting...

Ugh me too. Love GoT but very disappointed so far.

And 6 out of 10 episodes have already aired. When are they going to murder, pillage, show nutty debauchery? Dragon mother is so boring this season, Cerci is like wallowing in boredom too, Arya has lost purpose, probably Sansa Stark is the only one showing progress but she's such a boring character to begin with. I must say I didn't expect Little Finger to tell Cerci where Sansa was - that was a surprise. Tyrion is one of my fav characters but they should kill him if he's going to be this much of a wall flower. His sarcasm is falling flat for once.

• Like 1
Slowtwitch

And 6 out of 10 episodes have already aired. When are they going to murder, pillage, show nutty debauchery? Dragon mother is so boring this season, Cerci is like wallowing in boredom too, Arya has lost purpose, probably Sansa Stark is the only one showing progress but she's such a boring character to begin with. I must say I didn't expect Little Finger to tell Cerci where Sansa was - that was a surprise. Tyrion is one of my fav characters but they should kill him if he's going to be this much of a wall flower. His sarcasm is falling flat for once.

GoT on TV is not even the same story as the novels anymore. I feel like I am watching a new story with George R R Martin's characters names.

SPS are showing color loss

Kat

20150521_160126.jpg

Tenuis is very fluffy

20150521_160121.jpg

The biggest loser - Bali Slimer - large patches are discolored, possibly dead

20150521_160010.jpg

Most of the blue corals look okay except the Myagi. But the green corals have been affected across the board. Seems whatever the pohls was doing targetted the green pigment the most.

• Like 1

Crappy picture. Vermiculata looks so happy with the light, it's polyps are going to fall off if they come out any further. Color is still great but has become very deep and purple with Pohls. It lost all the green it had last week. Why did Pohls only affect the green pigment?

20150521_160912.jpg

Last week

20150512_120212-1.jpg

Red planet frag, last week and this week

20150512_120345-1.jpg20150521_161031.jpg

So in conclusion, the zoo that was expelled was probably responsible for the green pigment in the corals. Of course all of this is anecdotal.

lol the way I seen it, it was 20,030 likes. Talking about vacation, I'm free in 2 weeks, July 3 last school day this year.

Yay got some more

• Like 4

Lets hope episode 7 has some surprises...

• Like 1

Sheesh, perhaps this helps confirm how well your tank does with higher and BALANCED nutrients.

Right? I was a fool to use Pohls, without understanding why it works so well for so many people. Basically, if you have higher nutrients - don't use the zeo line, or certainly not the additives. It may be okay to use the nutrient strippers. I'll test nitrate and phosphate soon, maybe it's time for NoPox.

• Like 1

Right? I was a fool to use Pohls, without understanding why it works so well for so many people. Basically, if you have higher nutrients - don't use the zeo line, or certainly not the additives. It may be okay to use the nutrient strippers. I'll test nitrate and phosphate soon, maybe it's time for NoPox.

I used ZeoSpur2 yesterday evening. :o As far as I can tell it didn't do anything. I dosed exactly 2ml so not a lot, might try again with 3ml in 1 week. This was done after the bird was showing skin loss, so not the cause of it.

Kat our tanks are similar size, around .5ml you should be fine dosing every day.

It isn't tank size though, it's nutrients. I think yours runs low in cooties while mine is high. Because of that the Pohls will react differently in our tanks.

TheKleinReef

It isn't tank size though, it's nutrients. I think yours runs low in cooties while mine is high. Because of that the Pohls will react differently in our tanks.

psht. My tank is dirty. Just look at the sand bed. Yikes.