Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

jedimasterben

Goby is cute :) I love these little guys, I want, but I'm afraid someone will eat them in my tank. They aren't much bigger than the PE mysis lol.

They have the 'cleaner stripe' on them so they'll be left alone. Even groupers don't go after them. :)

• Like 3
jedimasterben

What's the deal with the cleaner stripe?

Basically all 'cleaner' animals have stripes. Neon gobies, cleaner wrasses, cleaner shrimp, other misc wrasses that are cleaners as juveniles, etc.

• Like 4

Goby is cute :) I love these little guys, I want, but I'm afraid someone will eat them in my tank. They aren't much bigger than the PE mysis lol.

My little neon is kept constantly busy cleaning fish, they line up for him and fight each other off to get next in line. The shrimp handles one alcove, the goby the other. Event the sixline, the crazy sixline, gets cleaned by the neon goby. So that's Yellow Tangs, Foxface, Kole Tangs, sixline. He wants to clean the little cardinals but they are scared of him. The Anthias prefer the shrimp. The male hogs the cleaner while the female has found the peppermint and doesn't understand why they won't come out to clean. :D

• Like 3

New Video

Was much better quality till I allowed you tube to "stabilize" it. Oh well.

Awesome video, great view of the tank. Look at that slimer would ya.

LOL at the sixline the glass. Look at me ... this doesn't just happen by accident.

So what about like the masked goby, citron, clown.. those little guys?

Punks, acro humpers, stay away, far away. Not sure about the masked.

• Like 3

My little neon is kept constantly busy cleaning fish, they line up for him and fight each other off to get next in line. The shrimp handles one alcove, the goby the other. Event the sixline, the crazy sixline, gets cleaned by the neon goby. So that's Yellow Tangs, Foxface, Kole Tangs, sixline. He wants to clean the little cardinals but they are scared of him. The Anthias prefer the shrimp. The male hogs the cleaner while the female has found the peppermint and doesn't understand why they won't come out to clean. :D

cleaning stations, :)
  • Like 1
jedimasterben

So what about like the masked goby, citron, clown.. those little guys?

They aren't cleaners, so they're fair game ;)

• Like 1

#Beautiful #Amazing #Somuchmovement

Ok Im done now. What camera do you use?

Thank you. I just used my cell phone, Samsung note 2

Awesome video, great view of the tank. Look at that slimer would ya. LOL at the sixline the glass. Look at me ... this doesn't just happen by accident.

Thanks Mark. The 6 line is also called Mark. :P

He is such a preener though, looks at himself this way and that all day long.

Punks, acro humpers, stay away, far away. Not sure about the masked.

:lol: @ acro humpers. True tho.

Awesome and video shared on FB. :)

Yay, thanks Dave.

tanks looking great, lovin the video. Makes me think I need moar fishies though so much color.

I am overstocked as you can imagine but I love the movement. I've seen videos of swarms of anthias on reefs, I really love that look.
  • Like 2
hypostatic

IM Gourmet Defroster video

At first I was like "meh" when I saw the pic of it, but the video really speaks lengths about its usefulness. It looks like you can really use it for a slower more continuous feeding throughout the day, which is what most fish (I think especially the anthias) really benefit from.

• Like 1

At first I was like "meh" when I saw the pic of it, but the video really speaks lengths about its usefulness. It looks like you can really use it for a slower more continuous feeding throughout the day, which is what most fish (I think especially the anthias) really benefit from.

Yup yup. Threw in some hard to soak flakes this morning, it swirled it around for a while before they sank and went into waiting mouths.

Miss Kat that's a nice new video of an entertaining tank to say the least.

Thank you, it's entertaining for sure.

• Like 1

I'd agree I just did a new video myself yesterday. Although not as busy and colorful as yours haha.

You know, I do have a lot of color, but I also think not having my lights blow everything up shows up rather well. The sand is the whitest brightest thing, my rocks are covered with corals and coralline so they don't show up as stark points in the scape either. It's a composition of everything I suppose.

• Like 1

You know, I do have a lot of color, but I also think not having my lights blow everything up shows up rather well. The sand is the whitest brightest thing, my rocks are covered with corals and coralline so they don't show up as stark points in the scape either. It's a composition of everything I suppose.

Absolutely. I think it looks very nice but it should you are always trying to just get it a little bit better. And it definitely shows.

• Like 1

Although not as busy and colorful as yours haha.

bee-costume-cat1.gif

Absolutely. I think it looks very nice but it should you are always trying to just get it a little bit better. And it definitely shows.

Thank you!

• Like 3