Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

hypostatic

Isn't this woman gorgeous?

"beauty" is an odd concept that is entirely based on culture, so that's a hard question to answer.

For example, to the Zo'é people in the Amazon, without having the right lip piercing, you look weird and ugly -- you're all fugly to the Zo'é people.

The Zo'é people for reference (they are au naturale):

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, all those models are wearing like a pound of makeup. I've seen Rupaul -- I know what makeup can do lol

• Like 6
picoreef78

Renaissance period like chubbier women with a gap in the front teeth and dilated eyes (belladonna).

Today' idea of beauty is in line with that of ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome. As hypostatic states there are also various culture differences, but a constant remains, beauty in symmetry.

• Like 1

Good morning from the reef.

20150527_092934.jpg

I know it doesn't look it, but a big chunk of the Bali slimer was cut and died overnight. The cut piece smelled really bad - almost like brown jelly smells on LPS. And it has brown slime too. So what the hell pathogen/bacterial fungus have I got.

• Like 2

Good morning from the reef.

20150527_092934.jpg

I know it doesn't look it, but a big chunk of the Bali slimer was cut and died overnight. The cut piece smelled really bad - almost like brown jelly smells on LPS. And it has brown slime too. So what the hell pathogen/bacterial fungus have I got.

The same protozoan that causes BJD in LPS can also effect SPS. Way better on the scape, just pull that gorg out from hiding a bit.

Perfect name for the clown. :)

• Like 2

I dunno, maybe the RSCP didn't help matters either. Stuff just perks up more with these larger exchanges using reef crystals. Polyp extension not as good tho.

I'm not following, what happened?

bad kits..

My hanna checker kit was bad too.. reef gods had it out for me.

and now i'm trying to battle the compouding effects of low alk for a few months and then high spikes. die off causing nitrates and whole tank is sliding downhill. I hope it stops.

Brown jelly got both my torches, STN got all my birdsnests, blue torts got tip burn, monti caps all faded out, ricordeas melting.. fak

HarryPotter

About the models- all of your opinions can be seen in Singh's (1995) experiment regarding the waist to hip ratio. The secondary sexual characteristics described here stem from evolutionary psychology

Sorry, I am in HL International Bacclaurate Psychology! Can't help myself :)

About the models- all of your opinions can be seen in Singh's (1995) experiment regarding the waist to hip ratio. The secondary sexual characteristics described here stem from evolutionary psychology

Sorry, I am in HL International Bacclaurate Psychology! Can't help myself :)

I'm with you on the WTH ratio. And yes that determines human behavior from what I have read too. I'm always left wondering how can Kate Moss or other super thin women achieve that ideal waist to hip ratio when they have no hips?

HarryPotter

I'm with you on the WTH ratio. And yes that determines human behavior from what I have read too. I'm always left wondering how can Kate Moss or other super thin women achieve that ideal waist to hip ratio when they have no hips?

No- the waist to hip ratio is about partner preferences. Not popular celebrities

But Kate Moss has a really wide hip/ass... That's a characteristic. Easy birth! Plus she's seen as a sex icon of sorts. Overall appeals not as a partner, where evolutionary correlates apply