Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Yeeeeeah. Deer, foxes, cats, squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, songbirds, ducks, geese... pretty much all of those things he has attempted to "hug with his mouth". He's a hunter through and through. He'll play with other dogs, but any other animal (at least so far) he wants to eat.

He chases fireflies and butterflies, which is pretty cute. The rest of the hunt mode isn't so cute. He can be hard to walk.

Wow, lol. You poor pet owner you. What about babies. You probably should find out if he thinks infants are food.

Rabbits have been attempting to have their babies in my back yard, really aggravating as both my golden doodle and red healer are having none of that. Fine with our cats however. :)

Aww. Wabbits.

• Like 1

Wow, lol. You poor pet owner you. What about babies. You probably should find out if he thinks infants are food.

Aww. Wabbits.

He's cool with people and kids and babies. It's only prey animals that he really wants, except the fox in our area and the cats.

• Like 1

Anyone got a link to that tank?

Go to the SPS sub forum on RC, it's titled cube to shallow circle. Learn about all the great tanks, even see my lame thread on high phosphates with low nitrates. :) I'm not a big fan of RC but for learning potential the SPS forum is where it's at. For community, NR is where it's at.

• Like 1

Go to the SPS sub forum on RC, it's titled cube to shallow circle. Learn about all the great tanks, even see my lame thread on high phosphates with low nitrates. :) I'm not a big fan of RC but for learning potential the SPS forum is where it's at. For community, NR is where it's at.

Agree here, the rc forum is THE place to lurk and learn everything you can. NR is however more fun, full of quick answers from people that have recently been there, and our nano tanks just look better imo.

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Really like your latest FTS from far away- I always nice to see the surroundings of where a tank is! Tanks is looking great- nice open and peaceful feel?

• Like 1

I can persuade dingbat to my ways. Evil will always win because good is dumb.

I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
  • Like 2
jedimasterben

What? the monti? It's a new release.

Its not a new species, so its behavior will likely be very similar to other colors. ;)

Its not a new species, so its behavior will likely be very similar to other colors. ;)

I have montiporas, have had it since my inception into this hobby. They don't behave the same. You're mistaken.

Mark is likely referring to the Mystic Montipora, it's a pinkish orange flesh with half dark purple half light purple polyps which is a fast grower. I sold a big frag of it at the CT frag swap.

DSC_0679-Edit_zpsaff7d414.jpg

While we are on the topic.

Sunset Montipora - extremely slow to grow, and routinely dies and regenerates.

Pokerstar - slow grower, easy to kill.

Rainbow montipora - grows reasonable well, hard to kill but hard to stay colored well.

ORA Spongodes - grows fast, very easy to cull

Phoenix Montipora - slow like a MOFO chalice.

Just to name a few.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Mystic Montipora - Montipora tuberculosa
Sunset Montipora - Montipora nodosa
Pokerstar montipora - Montipora monasteriata
Rainbow montipora - Montipora tuberculosa
ORA Spongodes - Montipora spongodes (verrucata?)
Phoenix Montipora - Montipora danae

And as you know these are all very different from Montipora digitata and capricornis. Montipora is the genus, not the species, so despite being in the same genus, each can be exceedingly different.

• Like 3

Mystic Montipora - Montipora tuberculosa

Sunset Montipora - Montipora nodosa

Pokerstar montipora - Montipora monasteriata

Rainbow montipora - Montipora tuberculosa

ORA Spongodes - Montipora spongodes (verrucata?)

Phoenix Montipora - Montipora danae

And as you know these are all very different from Montipora digitata and capricornis. Montipora is the genus, not the species, so despite being in the same genus, each can be exceedingly different.

Correct. Which is why your statement

is too broad and erroneous.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Correct. Which is why your statement

is too broad and erroneous.

So saying that M. danae will behave like different colored specimens of M. danae is wrong?

So saying that M. danae will behave like different colored specimens of M. danae is wrong?

But that's NOT what you said. :slap:

In fact you didn't even know what it was before you went to google just now. :slap:

I am still not talking to you.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

But that's NOT what you said. :slap:

In fact you didn't even know what it was before you went to google just now. :slap:

I am still not talking to you.

That is what I said, though, you said 'it's a new release', but it is not, it's not some new or different species, and it's gonna behave like others in that species.

And you're talking to me now :slap:

Dr.Brain Coral

I have to be careful when I mow because baby rabbits like to hunker down right in front of the mower. That's right I have suicidal bunnies.

Rabbit Stew

New in release terms means they gave it a name. I think it's probably related to Sunset, now that I look at it more closely.

• Like 2