Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Howdy folks. Still in Dallas a d not feeling very chipper. One of my ears is partially blocked, not enough to throw me off balance but enough to make me feel it, likely residual head congestion from my cold 4 weeks ago. It doesn't help when temperatures have been like a yo yo, and air conditioning in humid weather only exasperate s the issue. Oh well.

Nephew sent me pictures of the tank, the brown stuff is still there, may or may not have spread to more parts of the same coral. I'm wondering if I should do a lights out and see if it helps.

Howdy folks. Still in Dallas a d not feeling very chipper. One of my ears is partially blocked, not enough to throw me off balance but enough to make me feel it, likely residual head congestion from my cold 4 weeks ago. It doesn't help when temperatures have been like a yo yo, and air conditioning in humid weather only exasperate s the issue. Oh well.

Nephew sent me pictures of the tank, the brown stuff is still there, may or may not have spread to more parts of the same coral. I'm wondering if I should do a lights out and see if it helps.

is it only on the corals? you might have said about it before but I may have forgotten. If it only is on the corals it could be a terrible nightmare unfolding, in that scenario I strongly suggest an isolation tank for all sickly corals. Also plenty of antibacterials.

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling very well, air conditioning is my arch nemesis, I can't stand it. I hope you feel better soon and I hope it isn't an ear infection starting, I had an ear infection once, it almost killed me literally, like 6 feet under killed.

Dude my colonies are encrusted for 3 years. There is no quarantine possible.

you might want to think of isolating the rock its self or is that not possible either?

Have you seen my tank? Am I sounding cranky?

not cranky at all, I was just remarking to a past post I quoted but I did not see your response in between, I'm using a tablet so there may be some issues, sorry for any confusion. There is likely a bad outlook for the coral, if you can't admonister proper treatments.

Don't know if it's bacterial.

in the case that it is bacterial, is the brown stuff growing on places other than the coral?

Still can't post from my iPad

And for some strange reason (on the hotel computer right now) this browser won't let me post unless I log out and back in again). Frustrating. But.How is everybody? I have a flight back home in a few hours, just had breakfast. Dinner last night with Mama Tailes, Papa Veng, Serenity Reef and his Gf was loads of fun. :wub:Forgot to tell them of a possibility of moving to Texas..... :unsure:

Can't edit posts either. wonderful

• Like 2

I know I know! I should have brought it up when we were at the bar later. It's a "possibility" due to family stuff that I need to move out and I thought about moving down here. The whole family might move down here, we are still exploring if this is to happen, very early in the game, but a "possibility". I chose Dallas because, well, y'all are here and I come so often for work anyway.

• Like 3

We're heading for a disaster of biblical proportions. Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

• Like 4

Lol, you're assuming the Katropora even makes the transfer. I admit to being utterly worried about any move of any kind. For my cat too, he absolutely panics if taken outside the apartment.

I know I know! I should have brought it up when we were at the bar later. It's a "possibility" due to family stuff that I need to move out and I thought about moving down here. The whole family might move down here, we are still exploring if this is to happen, very early in the game, but a "possibility". I chose Dallas because, well, y'all are here and I come so often for work anyway.

what sort of job you got? My brother used to always have wierd work trips installing glass cutting machines lol, then they fired him.

Don't really have a job, I just fly around getting flier miles visiting fish friends. No fear of getting fired.

so where does the money come from to put the food on the table, pay the bills, buy plane tickets and recreation, and fund your hobby?