Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

I don't know! It's definitely Red Grape Caulerpa. It never had a lot of "grapes" on it, but always a few.

I thought it might be bubble algae too, and was actually pulling it all out to throw away when I realized that the green bubbles aren't anywhere else in the fuge, just on this piece. Plus, they're all bunched up just like the red grapes. I recently switched my fuge light from a (burned out) PAR 38 bulb to an old AI Sol, which by circumstance got stuck on 100% intensity.

I've seen dragons' breath macro turn green when it's dying, so I think that maybe this guy was getting fried by the light, and instinctually shot out a bunch of grapes that just turned green. Who knows?

Since Google wasn't helpful, I figured I'd ask the Macro-Mistress...

I don't know! It's definitely Red Grape Caulerpa. It never had a lot of "grapes" on it, but always a few.

I thought it might be bubble algae too, and was actually pulling it all out to throw away when I realized that the green bubbles aren't anywhere else in the fuge, just on this piece. Plus, they're all bunched up just like the red grapes. I recently switched my fuge light from a (burned out) PAR 38 bulb to an old AI Sol, which by circumstance got stuck on 100% intensity.

I've seen dragons' breath macro turn green when it's dying, so I think that maybe this guy was getting fried by the light, and instinctually shot out a bunch of grapes that just turned green. Who knows?

Since Google wasn't helpful, I figured I'd ask the Macro-Mistress...

My red grapes would just fall off the stems and leave the stems bare. Plus the patters of bubbles is very even, not in bunches. Even if this were a metamorphosis, the growth pattern is suspicious. I would toss it.

My first red grape colony back in Jan 2012 from Drunken Monk.

IMG_20120111_164636.jpg

• Like 1

My red grape will shoot out green looking bubbles when it gets a sudden growth spurt but never in bundles like that. I am banking green bubble overtook it as suggested with the high light amount you put on it.

We will cross that bridge when we come to it but imma cry either way. A move is never good for critters.

Dragons breath looks good when it tumbles, put a small powerhead in there, I have a fountain pump I think or an old skimmer pump, then it really works and looks pretty

Thanks Darwin, it was a sweet little fuge. Then it went BOOM. Flatworms.

I got my tank down from DC to Dallas only losing a sexy shrimp. Placed everything in plastic bags and waterproof box into suitcase. I di have help with a set p tank to place everything into.

Or you could send us stuff to hold onto for you while you make a move ;)

Day 3 in Atlanta. I have a very cute booth babe that keeps me company in Atlanta during the show hours but the ladies in the booth next door are super sassy. Dinner tonight is with them. But the mart is also having a party tonight, DJ, drinks, appetizers. Prolly no room for food after that. Yesterday my panini for lunch turned into half lunch half dinner, it was so big.

What's up with y'all?

So I'm going to RAP-NY, going to be a booth babe myself :naughty: , well, a short appearance for Dave at the Nano Box space station. He's supposed to be 7 feet tall so might have to take a ladder in my purse if I'm to stand at the booth.

But I am attending RAP on behalf of Marine Depot. omgomgomg

I'll have a chance to talk to the vendors they carry on their site and see all the cool new things. I'm looking forward to that.

So imma be tweeting and instagramming. If you don't follow MD already, do it do it do it.

• Like 5

We need you to be a booth babe down here in Houston during Reefcurrents. I'm sure MARSH would love to have Marine Depot and Nano Box for our next show in 2016.

• Like 2

Im also going to be her phone assistant :ninja: . There for support ya kno. :lol: ...

Jk not going to rap anymores

Whaaaaat. Arce, it's not about coral shopping, there is so much more. Come on, it's practically in your back yard. You have to be there. Who am I going to rely on for tech support, and you know I can hold frags for you too, split colonies..... Come on!!!! You owe me from the CT swap. You do!
  • Like 2

Whaaaaat. Arce, it's not about coral shopping, there is so much more. Come on, it's practically in your back yard. You have to be there. Who am I going to rely on for tech support, and you know I can hold frags for you too, split colonies..... Come on!!!! You owe me from the CT swap. You do!

Bah its just depressing with all my tank troubles. Ill go. Still need to figure out if u gotta pre purchase tickets or do them at the door. Keep forgetting

I'm tired of catching up on my way-behind-lab-notebook, so I am going to stop by here and say hello. Hello!

I almost went to Atlanta this weekend! My parents ended up deciding to come here instead, so we decided to stay and see them rather than go to Atl for my in-laws.

Argh we could a talked reef till the wee hours!!! Your folks are here? Does mama make a mean southern dish or two?

So my mom is from Scotland originally - no not too many mean southern dishes. She's a great cook, but she doesn't have a traditional southern background that makes her super at those kinds of dishes. She still makes them well - but my dad's mom, my Nanny? That's a different story. That woman is practically blind and she just slays the kitchen. My wife makes some mean southern cooking, too. I can make some damn good southern food myself :)

• Like 2

when you come down to Houston next year , we'll get you some good Cajun cooking, real Mexican food and some of my award winning smoked brisket! :D

I'm baaaaaack. Where's the fire?

Tank looks good. Clowns haven't killed the goniopora with their snuggling. I think I lost the neon goby while I was away though :( Can't find the little guy anywhere and he's always out and about. :(

The setosa flesh might be creeping over the dead areas, not the case with the slimer however.

• Like 1

IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

IMG_1941.JPG

Everything is looking great! Have you measured PO4 recently?

Dammit, new page. I'll let you re-post. :)

There, FTFY. Haven't measure phos. The glued down kat is looking light in the green, has still not recovered from the Pohls dosing which expelled the greens. The little piece on the rack is coloring up again, but the colony I magnet attached to the back wall is a great green. I've been rotating it, trying to get 360 degrees of color on it.

Used the 40mm lens on this, didn't crop most photos, only a couple. I think now I should work on color in the photos.

• Like 3