Top Shelf Aquatics

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

Someone please tell me! Im at the end of my rope with my nanocube LED lighting and want something new. Would this be enough for the jbj nanocube 28??? I dont understand lighting lol

the JBJ 28 is 18" x 22" x 22" , the AI Prime Covers (Max) 18"X18" So no this would not be a good light for your tank, I would suggest $100 more and getting a Hydra TwentySix that would be more for the size of your tank. You Can pull off an AI Prime but I wouldn't expect much growth from anything else outside the center radius.

• Like 1
tdannhauser30

the JBJ 28 is 18" x 22" x 22" , the AI Prime Covers (Max) 18"X18" So no this would not be a good light for your tank, I would suggest $100 more and getting a Hydra TwentySix that would be more for the size of your tank. You Can pull off an AI Prime but I wouldn't expect much growth from anything else outside the center radius.

Thank you as well Exodus, That is also the type of answer i was looking for. Yeah i saw the dimensions and Was worried about that. Reguardless i found a great guy on nanoreef who is going to sell me his old nanocube hood with Rapid LED retrofit kit fo t only 100. So being that im a poor student thats the route im going with as it turns out. But in any case thank you for responding, This AI light is awesome though.

• Like 1
chilled_fire

First of all, your tank is really cool. I love the look of it. What are you growing on the back wall?

As for the light fall off that shows in the photos but not to your eye, you should be aware that the human eye accommodates to the intensity of light at least 10 times more than that of film or digital photographic sensors. That's why photographers bracket exposures and then combine the bracketed images with HDR (High Dynamic Range) software. -- In other words, the light fall off seen in the photos you took is a real phenomenon. If you had a light meter, you would record, in numbers, what the photos show: not what your eyes reveal. So place your corals accordingly.

Thanks , the back of the tank is GSP, a few months back my entire tank was covered with it :)

True on the light fall offs, the strangest thing is all my Euphyllia's gold torch and hammer are doing great outside of the direct light zone. same goes with clam. but the orange fungia which is directly in the light is kind off loosing its color. (it has been feed well)

I am using like 75% blues are one point of time during day and white only reaches 40% . I am now thinking of reducing from 75% to 60%.

What do you folks think about the prime on a Nuvo 16? I have two Par38 lights running currently, but I'd like more control. Would one Prime be "better" than my two Par38 lights? Or maybe I should keep my par38's with the Prime.

Just another quick shot of the Prime. This is about 12" over a 20x20x20 cube. Its set on 6500K (I know, I dont think AI knows what 6500K actually looks like) and I think 15%. Please don't mind the live rock wrapped in panty hose.

IMG_20150427_230313654_zpsfj79nezw.jpg

• Like 1

I'm having some issues with my new Prime...mainly there is a slight buzzing noise on the white/cyan channels. All others are quiet as well as the fan upon startup. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue? AI says it's normal, however the guy I spoke to on the phone sounded a bit unsure.

Same buzzing on those 2 channels for me.

• Like 1

Just another quick shot of the Prime. This is about 12" over a 20x20x20 cube. Its set on 6500K (I know, I dont think AI knows what 6500K actually looks like) and I think 15%. Please don't mind the live rock wrapped in panty hose.

IMG_20150427_230313654_zpsfj79nezw.jpg

20X20 AIO cube? What kind of tank is that CrazyEyes?

Here are a couple before and after shots. The first photo was taken under the original Cadlights LED that came with the tank.

DSC_0197_zpsipjmlje7.jpg

This is under the Prime. The Yumas are loving this light I have never seen them this big and I had had them in one tank or anther for a couple years. I know its just a shroom tank but so far I am loving the growth and color.

IMG_0125_zps1hjjc4m3.jpg

The settings are CW 20%, DR 10%, G 10%, DB 30%, B 30%, UV 20%, V 30%

• Like 1

Had a tech issue today with the Prime. It dropped wifi for some reason. Called AI left a message and within 30 mins I got a call back. Both the Justin's helped me out and light was back up after a reboot. I have been critical of AI due to past issues with my Director and Hydra, the way they handled the launch of the Prime and the deal they made with the devil "Ecotech". But I have to say I am very pleased with the customer service, and this light.

If anyone is on the fence about getting this light. Go for it at the price point this light is amazing. Customer service that actually calls you back when you have an issue. Hopefully they keep making lights that you dont have to mortgage your house to buy.

• Like 1

So while holding the reset button down for a few seconds you enter some sort of manual mode where each press makes the unit brighter and brighter, anyone know what this is?

Had a tech issue today with the Prime. It dropped wifi for some reason. Called AI left a message and within 30 mins I got a call back. Both the Justin's helped me out and light was back up after a reboot. I have been critical of AI due to past issues with my Director and Hydra, the way they handled the launch of the Prime and the deal they made with the devil "Ecotech". But I have to say I am very pleased with the customer service, and this light.

If anyone is on the fence about getting this light. Go for it at the price point this light is amazing. Customer service that actually calls you back when you have an issue. Hopefully they keep making lights that you dont have to mortgage your house to buy.

I agree and am pleased with AI's CS. I too dealt with Justin and seriously couldn't be more pleased with the service. I got my replacement mount in 3 days priority shipping to Toronto. That tells me a lot about this company because shipping to Canada is NOT cheap. This light is absolutely amazing. I couldn't be happier.

Want to know if anyone has these over a 40B? I am thinking 2 should cover its foot print.

The tank I'm building is 40b dimensions. Actually slightly bigger. I've seen them in person and have no doubt in my mind 2 will cover my size tank. I'm doing 36x20x14. Shorter but deeper. Same width. These cover 18x18 with very good numbers. 20x20 is great as well.

AI had two primes over the IM Fusion 30L and thats 36 long. They work perfect for that length. Even a single prime can cover an entire Fusion 20 I think they under estimated these lights.

AI had two primes over the IM Fusion 30L and thats 36 long. They work perfect for that length. Even a single prime can cover an entire Fusion 20 I think they under estimated these lights.

Cover and adequately cover are a different thing. Your eye sees the light at 24 inches or whatever but that doesn't mean the tank is getting the PAR ratings it should be getting. While I'm sure it will have good par at 20 inches I wouldn't stretch it much past that. Although it all depends on your hanging height and depth of water as well.

jedimasterben

Cover and adequately cover are a different thing. Your eye sees the light at 24 inches or whatever but that doesn't mean the tank is getting the PAR ratings it should be getting. While I'm sure it will have good par at 20 inches I wouldn't stretch it much past that. Although it all depends on your hanging height and depth of water as well.

+1

To those of you that say they'll cover a 36" area, what happens when you have a coral grow up on one of the sides of the light, say 12" off center? Anything past that will now be in shadow instead of receiving light on that one side.

• Like 1

Just don't keep high PAR corals on the last 4 inches of each side of the tank. Ya it limits you on your rockwork layout but you can still have a beautiful aqua scape nonetheless. And for the price of 200 I am pretty sure this is the light ill go with for my fusion 20. Ill pocket the other 200 bucks id be spending by buying a XR15 or Duo and use that money for other equipment that I need.

+1

To those of you that say they'll cover a 36" area, what happens when you have a coral grow up on one of the sides of the light, say 12" off center? Anything past that will now be in shadow instead of receiving light on that one side.

I think most people are saying 2 for a 36" tank. I may have missed where someone said 1 unit. I'll be running 2 on my tank 36x20x14.

+1

They are saying they will use 2 primes for a 36 inch tank

There's a guy in my local reef forum that has a sick SPS IM SR60 tank with 2x Hydra 26. His SPS growth is out of this world with absurd color. Needless to say AI lights can grow some nice stuff.

• Like 2