SaltCritters.com

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

Yes its par numbers are fine, depending on what you keep. My newest tank will be full blown SPS only, so even with the tank being only 13" tall and 30" wide getting 2 of these would be pushing it to have PAR in the acceptable ranges for the corals I plan on keeping... I ended up going with a different fixture and it'll be getting 500-650 across the board lol.

What fixture did you go with? Like braap said this light will be great for most nanos.

A buddy of mine has a par meter that I need to borrow. I'll try to get some numbers soon with details on tank size, % of light, height of light etc.

• Like 1

Good luck with that...lol.

Im just gonna say this, those numbers aren't really all that hard to hit, hell the old versions of the Evil Clusters put out that much par at like 2 feet above the water line. Gen3 Pros put out that much par at 17" below the surface, and some of these diy lights make radions look like childs play.

Im just gonna say this, those numbers aren't really all that hard to hit, hell the old versions of the Evil Clusters put out that much par at like 2 feet above the water line. Gen3 Pros put out that much par at 17" below the surface, and some of these diy lights make radions look like childs play.

Just because they put out that much par doesn't make it wise to run them that high. The vast majority of led fixtures aren't run anywhere near 100%. Those that try end up learning a very quick lesson.

Yes its par numbers are fine, depending on what you keep. My newest tank will be full blown SPS only, so even with the tank being only 13" tall and 30" wide getting 2 of these would be pushing it to have PAR in the acceptable ranges for the corals I plan on keeping... I ended up going with a different fixture and it'll be getting 500-650 across the board lol.

Really? Because I plan to keep SPS under 2 of them in a 36x20x14 tank no problem. I've kept SPS under A150Ws and under AI Nanos in tanks 18+ inches with no problems. An AI Prime will support most SPS no problem.

A friend of mine has a single prime over a BC29 (20x21x18) and has quite a few SPS, not low light digi or anything but acros that are already starting encrust. I think this light is plenty.

• Like 1
BilabongAthlete

Just got off the phone with AI and they are sending me a repair kit for the mount, it should arrive next week. I must say excellent customer support from Matt.

• Like 3
Partially Submerged

The tank I'm building is 40b dimensions. Actually slightly bigger. I've seen them in person and have no doubt in my mind 2 will cover my size tank. I'm doing 36x20x14. Shorter but deeper. Same width. These cover 18x18 with very good numbers. 20x20 is great as well.

Hm, that's a lot better than expected. I have a 20x20x12 shallow tank. I was going to go with a Kessil 160. Should I consider the Prime? Since it's a shallow, I'm a bit worried that the distance from the arm my not be enough to cover the ground at 20x20.

A buddy of mine has a par meter that I need to borrow. I'll try to get some numbers soon with details on tank size, % of light, height of light etc.

That would be sweet, I look forward to the report. What tank are they mounted on?

Hm, that's a lot better than expected. I have a 20x20x12 shallow tank. I was going to go with a Kessil 160. Should I consider the Prime? Since it's a shallow, I'm a bit worried that the distance from the arm my not be enough to cover the ground at 20x20.

I measured the arm fully extended and got 12.5 inches. That's basically from the back of my rimless Nuvo10 to dead center of the prime.

I've run a bunch of different Kessils. You can't go wrong. I really enjoyed mine. That said it is a spotlight. The area of good coverage on a A150w was about 14x14 at 16inches. Not too bad. The center was by far the fastest growing spot with edges noticeably slower.

Partially Submerged

Thanks, guys, I appreciate the input. I'm very tempted to give the Prime a shot. Sounds like most known issues are a fairly easy fix so far, so it seems like low risk for $200.

Thanks, guys, I appreciate the input. I'm very tempted to give the Prime a shot. Sounds like most known issues are a fairly easy fix so far, so it seems like low risk for $200.

The new mounts have no issues now. You'll really enjoy the light.

The new mounts have no issues now. You'll really enjoy the light.

Care to expand on the new mounts have no issues now? Did they redo the mounts or sending repair kits?

Care to expand on the new mounts have no issues now? Did they redo the mounts or sending repair kits?

They sent me a new version of the top half. I believe the one I got has longer screws than the original and in my case, the washers in my my original mount didn't fit in the designated spot. now I have no problems. If you tilt it left to right, the light turns easily. Up and down has decent friction to keep it in place.

Hey CrazyEyes, when you get those PAR Measurements would you mind posting those in my AI Prime Settings No Discussion Topic? I think that would be an excellent contribution to the thread http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/359838-ai-prime-settings-informational-only-please-no-discussion/

CrazyEyes

Mine just started doing something odd, the light will turn on and off a few times then come back on. It's done this 2 or 3 times.

• Like 1

Mine just started doing something odd, the light will turn on and off a few times then come back on. It's done this 2 or 3 times.

Thunderstorm simulation?

You'll love the light! I am insanely pleased with it and I can't wait to get it over my Nuvo 20. (Currently over my standard 10)

I have never had a tank with a light I have liked this much.

• Like 1

So when you look a the max par levels of a fixture, in this case the prime will you have to run it at full blast to achieve those levels Or do you reach those levels no matter the intensity, so if I want to keep a high light sps coral in the middle of my tank will I have to eventually have to raise the colors to the max , or will I be able to keep light hungry corals with my blues at %50 and whites/colors at %25 I'm a little confused by this

jedimasterben

So when you look a the max par levels of a fixture, in this case the prime will you have to run it at full blast to achieve those levels Or do you reach those levels no matter the intensity, so if I want to keep a high light sps coral in the middle of my tank will I have to eventually have to raise the colors to the max , or will I be able to keep light hungry corals with my blues at %50 and whites/colors at %25 I'm a little confused by this

Dimming reduces light output by pretty much the percentage you dim them to.