ReefCleaners.org

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

There is no power to be able to connect to the wifi. I believe the power adapter is defected because there is no light on it that indicates its turned on. The light doesn't illuminate either on the top of the fixture.

then yeah your power supply just might be defective. Ensure the 10ft cord coming from the fixture is plugged in (It is quite a tight fit) if you can just loosely pull that out of the power supply then most likely not getting a connection. Also look for a little light on the power block indicating the power supply is getting power, if thats off and it's plugged in then I would suggest returning your fixture.

then yeah your power supply just might be defective. Ensure the 10ft cord coming from the fixture is plugged in (It is quite a tight fit) if you can just loosely pull that out of the power supply then most likely not getting a connection. Also look for a little light on the power block indicating the power supply is getting power, if thats off and it's plugged in then I would suggest returning your fixture.

Bingo! That answers it.. Thank you Exodus! All this wait for a fixture, having to drive across Toronto and to have this happen really sucks :(

Bingo! That answers it.. Thank you Exodus! All this wait for a fixture, having to drive across Toronto and to have this happen really sucks :(

Try a different AC cord as well. I have had a few of my power supplies have faulty AC cords ( blows my mind ).

-D

Try a different AC cord as well. I have had a few of my power supplies have faulty AC cords ( blows my mind ).

-D

Thanks for the advice Dave! I tried a few cables from my studio, its the unit the AC cord plugs into that won't power on.

I am new.. Found this thread while getting info for my new light.

A few things... The ball joint is terrible. I tried everything and the best fix I found is a #5 O ring.... It gives a little more grip and keeps the light in place. I actually am very disappointed in the mount. They could have done better, a lot better.

But the light, I like the light... A lot. Not sure how it all works though. The lunar and storms are on but nothing happened. I set up with easy set up this morning and it's ramping up now.

I guess I'm not sure how it all works in nature, but to me the sun takes a few hours, 4?, to peek and it's really only at its peek for 4 hours, right? 11am-3pm, then it slowly sets over the next 4.... Would that be a good cycle? Or am I thinking too Michigan and not enough reef area?

Also, someone asked about retrying it into a biocube hood. Why bother? This light is kind of a minimalist light, I got rid of my hood and the tank instantly looked better.

This is how it looks on my 15 gallon. i couldnt find my tripod so the exposure is not right and might feel the light creating dark spots, but its not.

DSC01909-crop.jpg

DSC01910-crop.jpg

First of all, your tank is really cool. I love the look of it. What are you growing on the back wall?

As for the light fall off that shows in the photos but not to your eye, you should be aware that the human eye accommodates to the intensity of light at least 10 times more than that of film or digital photographic sensors. That's why photographers bracket exposures and then combine the bracketed images with HDR (High Dynamic Range) software. -- In other words, the light fall off seen in the photos you took is a real phenomenon. If you had a light meter, you would record, in numbers, what the photos show: not what your eyes reveal. So place your corals accordingly.

I am new.. Found this thread while getting info for my new light.

But the light, I like the light... A lot. Not sure how it all works though. The lunar and storms are on but nothing happened. I set up with easy set up this morning and it's ramping up now.

I guess I'm not sure how it all works in nature, but to me the sun takes a few hours, 4?, to peek and it's really only at its peek for 4 hours, right? 11am-3pm, then it slowly sets over the next 4.... Would that be a good cycle? Or am I thinking too Michigan and not enough reef area?

I set mine up to mimic sunrise and sunset in my area. 4 hour ramp time works well for me. Hopefully they integrate regional timers like the Hydra uses.. As for the lunar mode the way that works is based on the lunar cycle. AI recomends 5% to 10% for it to work properly. So if there is a full moon your lights will be at the highest percentage you have set for you night cycle. no moon your lights should be off. For the weather to work it appears that you have to set up the clouds intensity, probability and times in the weather menu. Seems like a gimmick and I see no real value in setting it up.

I did the set up, we shall see tonight as its a 100% chance of a thunderstorm.

A 4 hour ramp sounds good, did you set the peak for 4 as well?

Also, my iPad app sucks. Doesn't flow like the android. When it comes to setting a color temp can I do that using the cycle timer???

So far this light is really great ! All my corals are reacting well to it, have it over a standard 10 gallon for now. Also I'm not noticing any disco ball effect which is quite nice. As for the mounting arm, it's a mess.. mine also won't stay up.

SETTINGS:

Ramp up from 8:00-10:30 am
DB-65%
B-65%
V-65%
UV-20%
CW-10%
G-10%
R-10%

Ramp down from 8:00-10:30 pm

• Like 1

I am ramping mine up over the next few days....

I made a few complaints, my iPad app works poorly, my android app doesn't allow you to play a preview of your light cycle.... And the fix for the ball joint is garbage.... Literally, use scrap paper.

I am ramping mine up over the next few days....

I made a few complaints, my iPad app works poorly, my android app doesn't allow you to play a preview of your light cycle.... And the fix for the ball joint is garbage.... Literally, use scrap paper.

I couldn't find myAI for the iPad! Friggen weird! Oh man the ball joint.. At first mine was working fine but then I had to get a new prime and then it was all over..

The ball joint is seriously a joke. Just use a M5-08 x 16mm screw to hold it to the mount.

Do you think AI will do anything? $30 in the US and $45 in Canada isn't cheap for something that doesn't even work as advertised.