Innovative Marine Aquariums

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

For what I have 36*18*17 2 will do plenty most of my rock work is in the middle plus I currently have an orbit marine 36" I tried the new Pro version but didn't like the coverage. Second question I have is for the current users of the prime can you set the color spectrum in lunar mode or is it pre set.

AI Prime is on it's way with the tank mount! I currently run two par38 lamps over my reef so I'm hoping i can ditch those and just one run prime on my Nuvo 16 24" wide tank. Will post pics when it arrives!

AI Prime is on it's way with the tank mount! I currently run two par38 lamps over my reef so I'm hoping i can ditch those and just one run prime on my Nuvo 16 24" wide tank. Will post pics when it arrives!

Sweet I can't wait to see how it looks

Not sure if the apps vary between apple and android but, in the android app, go to control, then at the top there is manual and auto, to the right of that there is an icon that looks like 3 circles, click that and it'll give you the option for choosing different color temps

nismo_sky32

Damn, that's just the factory 16k setting? Mine looks waaay more than that at 16k

Way more blue? Or just way more intense in general? I was thinking that mine at 14k was a lot whiter than the pics I've seen with others at 14k

Not sure if the apps vary between apple and android but, in the android app, go to control, then at the top there is manual and auto, to the right of that there is an icon that looks like 3 circles, click that and it'll give you the option for choosing different color temps

The apps are pretty similar on both the android and ios systems
bpounds1991

Numbers don't lie unfortunately, and I had to pass up getting these knowing that the average PAR i would get was 100-200 anywhere past hanging the light 6" above the tank especially going full SPS.

Numbers don't lie unfortunately, and I had to pass up getting these knowing that the average PAR i would get was 100-200 anywhere past hanging the light 6" above the tank especially going full SPS.

Is this an average at the surface or the sandbed.

bpounds1991

The figures posted from AI are the averages at 12" away from the light PERIOD, with or without water...at least that is what they told me when I spoke to them about it.

It uses the AI hanging kit bracket but I removed the swivel screw and added a regular screw. And instead of using the original screw hole on the mount I used a 10-32 screw on put it through the slot on the top of the mount so I could move the light back and forth if needed.

The figures posted from AI are the averages at 12" away from the light PERIOD, with or without water...at least that is what they told me when I spoke to them about it.

At 18 inches out from center at 12 inches you are getting over 200par. That is pretty damn good for a $200 light. People are reporting that AI grossly understated the PAR ratings though. Most people are seeing immediate positive changes when using this light. I guess time will tell but this light is perfect for most nano tanks.

bpounds1991

It's par numbers are fine.

Yes its par numbers are fine, depending on what you keep. My newest tank will be full blown SPS only, so even with the tank being only 13" tall and 30" wide getting 2 of these would be pushing it to have PAR in the acceptable ranges for the corals I plan on keeping... I ended up going with a different fixture and it'll be getting 500-650 across the board lol.