Coral Vue Hydros

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

SouthFlorida_Tron

The Home Depot solution still doesn't solve the hideous design of the mount itself.

That's what my ninja statement was in reference to :)

• Like 2

Have had prime running for 5 days now. Took a while to fix the droop which really pissed me off. Finally fixed with piece of quarter inch plastic tube thanks to this thread for the idea. using it with 2 hour ramp from 12 to 10 pm and maxing out at 30 percent this week. tank is a mr aqua 1 foot cube

6uut9cf8kn58f023of26_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Do you think AI will do anything? $30 in the US and $45 in Canada isn't cheap for something that doesn't even work as advertised.

Yes, they will send you a new washer...... Seriously.

• Like 1
FlamingPrawn

utTTYO1l.jpg I could do SPS in the middle with lps/softies along the outside easily

Anyone have one of these over a fusion 20? Does it give enough coverage?

Edit- fusion 20 dims are 24x15x13

• Like 4

Yes, they will send you a new washer...... Seriously.

I tried all three washers and all have no grip D:

utTTYO1l.jpg I could do SPS in the middle with lps/softies along the outside easily

Wow the coverage is quite nice!

The Home Depot solution still doesn't solve the hideous design of the mount itself.

That's what my ninja statement was in reference to :)

I actually dont mind the mount part all that much.

Figured I might aswell post some pics. Haven't really messed with the settings too much. This is I think 10 or 12k and 100%, over a 20x20 cube mounted way too high. It has since been fixed but I really do like this light alot.

IMG_20150407_163040417_HDR_zpsxnsmp3hg.j

• Like 1

Figured I might aswell post some pics. Haven't really messed with the settings too much. This is I think 10 or 12k and 100%, over a 20x20 cube mounted way too high. It has since been fixed but I really do like this light alot.

IMG_20150407_163040417_HDR_zpsxnsmp3hg.j

That scape is incredible! The mount looks wicked as well!

love she rockscape on that tank.

Also the spread looks great on the Fusion 20. Is the light mounted all the way up to get better spread?

Has anyone had this light long enough to get a feel for the growth that it produces? Is it in line with Kessils or Radions?

My brother had the AI nano and didnt get much growth with it.

Also the spread looks great on the Fusion 20. Is the light mounted all the way up to get better spread?

Has anyone had this light long enough to get a feel for the growth that it produces? Is it in line with Kessils or Radions?

No word of a lie I have two new acan heads with this light in one week! My corals in general look fluffier and happier.

phillyclownfish

I called Ai today and they said they had a repair kit for the drooping mount. Supposedly they will be sending me the kit. I asked if the black washer was a more heavy duty then the originals and he said that it was. I will let everyone know.

No word of a lie I have two new acan heads with this light in one week! My corals in general look fluffier and happier.

What light were you using before?

SouthFlorida_Tron

I called Ai today and they said they had a repair kit for the drooping mount. Supposedly they will be sending me the kit. I asked if the black washer was a more heavy duty then the originals and he said that it was. I will let everyone know.

they need to be doing a full recall and a mass repair kit sendout. not sending new mounts that do the same thing, which is what they did to me!

What light were you using before?

reef breeders value 16"... it was great for zoas but my lps suffered!

they need to be doing a full recall and a mass repair kit sendout. not sending new mounts that do the same thing, which is what they did to me!

I don't know what I was sent but I'm having no issue with sagging.

FlamingPrawn

I just put my first coral in the tank (blasto). I already see it opening up more under the Prime compared to the Ebay light it was under. I should be getting some SPS/ LPS within the next 2 weeks. I'll let you know

• Like 1

I'm having some issues with my new Prime...mainly there is a slight buzzing noise on the white/cyan channels. All others are quiet as well as the fan upon startup. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue? AI says it's normal, however the guy I spoke to on the phone sounded a bit unsure.