Coral Vue Hydros

Rock Flower Anemone Information and Appreciation Thread

Mirya

erinmegan85

I just got my first three RFAs on Wednesday. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised once I actually received them and got them in the tank with the lights on. They definitely look a lot different than the bland boring pictures of them that had on Livequaria's Diver's Den. I see a lot more of these little guys in my future, especially since we just ordered our 68 gallon tank. Haha. I've attached some pictures of them. Not the greatest pictures because they were taken with my iPhone, but you'll get the general gist of what they look like.

26098590414_b50df9c49e_n.jpg

26704358765_46279375e5_n.jpg

26100442883_1e72daa97b_n.jpg

• Like 4
HarryPotter

Ordered 3 RFA online they are my first anemone.

- Acclimate them by floating bag in main tank for 1 hour, take it out bag and place on surface for it to expel some its water out, then put in main tank?

- I can hold them bare handed or do they sting and I have to wear latex gloves?

- How long do can they live in home reef tank?

- Plan to feed them pellet food once in awhile but mostly have them feed off the lighting (AI Hydra 26 HD).

- On lighting Anemone should grow from Blues or mostly from White color spetrum?

Yes that's right for acclimation

Can be held in bare hand

Can live virtually forever and have babies in your tank

Corals/anemones like full spectrum, your hydra is fine

I finally get to join the club!!! Added an RFA I found locally. So far one of the sexy shrimp seems to be hogging it all to itself. It sort bullies the others off of it. The nem hardly moved after putting it in, it just tightened up to the rock a bit more and stayed there. It got some mysis shrimp the day after coming home.

26165196734_27e9e4fffc_h.jpg

26676946622_e7e40bcc28_h.jpg

• Like 3
pappadumplingz

I finally get to join the club!!! Added an RFA I found locally. So far one of the sexy shrimp seems to be hogging it all to itself. It sort bullies the others off of it. The nem hardly moved after putting it in, it just tightened up to the rock a bit more and stayed there. It got some mysis shrimp the day after coming home.

26165196734_27e9e4fffc_h.jpg

26676946622_e7e40bcc28_h.jpg

Never will be able to join the club cause you can't get them in Aus. Nice nems btw, at least I can appreciate them here.

Never will be able to join the club cause you can't get them in Aus. Nice nems btw, at least I can appreciate them here.

I'm sorry to hear that!!! You'd think in todays modern age of technology someone could ship one to you.

• 2 weeks later...
getmealemon

Here's one! Gold skirt with purple mouth

951EB48A-35FA-4668-A216-0A08F7AD525F_zps

Don't suppose you can get a better picture of this one - colour combo sounds cool but don't think the picture does it justice!

HarryPotter

Don't suppose you can get a better picture of this one - colour combo sounds cool but don't think the picture does it justice!

Ill get one later, now its nice and open.

hi there!!

Move them with confidence... they are ok being next to each other. :)

Sandy

Got Corals, Inc

Sandy - are RFAs ok with rhodactis and regular mushrooms as well?

I don't understand why Tidal Gardens feels the need to rip you off. There are many rainbows out there, for more than half off that price. Greed isn't attractive.

WOAH! $275?!?! That's crazy! I agree - you can find nice rainbows for less than half that price. Plus, that photo seems very photoshopped to me.

• Like 2

Give em a couple years to lose the "fad" status that rock flower anemones have gained recently. Nowadays anything with even a speck of unusual color is now priced as "ultra" and commands a crazy premium from lots of sellers.

There's some that still seem sane - VIP seems to routinely have stuff displayed in the $19-30 range that would easily command the sooper-dooper monicker at one of my local stores and be tagged at $100 or more.

Funny thing is that two of my more plain-jane ones have developed blue splotched patterns on them after months of being two toned... I paid maybe $30-40 for them and now think they'd go for three times that at "market" pricing. Don't buy what's popular... buy what you like and will enjoy.

• Like 2

That's a beauty!

Thanks Seabass! I spotted it I think in February and it seems to be growing well! I love watching these anemones.

• Like 1
FlowerMama

The first baby RFA I spotted! I'm getting ready to move him to the RFA only tank :)

Zh0UHyD.jpg

She's a very pretty baby!!! I'm jealous!

• Like 1
FlowerMama

I bet you'll have some awesome ones soon with the variety you have!

That reminds me. I need to look for some more! I have some money in my PalPal account.

Of course will be hard to come by, season is just about over.

• Like 2
Got Corals

Sandy - are RFAs ok with rhodactis and regular mushrooms as well?

WOAH! $275?!?! That's crazy! I agree - you can find nice rainbows for less than half that price. Plus, that photo seems very photoshopped to me.

Hey Stella!

Yes they are- no worries there..

Sandy

Hey guys!

Thought id drop a line to share our RFA May Special..

4 rock flowers -$100 + shipping..

www.gotcorals.com

Ill get one later, now its nice and open.

Hey Harry, Look at one of our babies..

post-90072-0-63687100-1462928031_thumb.jpg

post-90072-0-48071100-1462928034_thumb.jpg

post-90072-0-60262600-1462928041_thumb.jpg

post-90072-0-49519800-1462928132_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
HarryPotter

Hey Stella!

Yes they are- no worries there..

Sandy

Hey guys!

Thought id drop a line to share our RFA May Special..

4 rock flowers -$100 + shipping..

www.gotcorals.com

Hey Harry, Look at one of our babies..

Very nice! I do have a few babies of my own now :P but perhaps

• Christopher Marks pinned this topic