Innovative Marine Aquariums

Rock Flower Anemone Information and Appreciation Thread

Mirya

My grandis paly shared it's post with an rfa and the bowerbanki very near by.

20151003_201821_zpsbtzqislf.jpg

20150829_172606_zps9zy6qeja.jpg

My clam didn't seem bothered.

20151003_212332_zps1wv0gffr.jpg

• Like 3

If you check VIPReef's site it'll tell you they don't sting corals and I've seen it vice versa, where other corals are stinging my rfa.

• Like 2

VIPs site says they don't sting. It did nothing to my bowerbanki or clam or grandis paly. That's all I know because mostly all of mine have been with rfas. Hopefully some other people can tell me how they've done for them.

• Like 1

I currently have an RFA sitting with my Paly grandis and another with my Ricordea florida. All parties are doing fine. I've also had a Borneman's anemone (same genus, different species as RFAs) sit in the middle of RFAs and everyone was fine.

My clam didn't seem to like it when one of my RFAs walked next to it. Don't know if it was because it just didn't like something brushing up against its mantle or it it was actually being stung.

In the past I've had photosynthetic Gorgonians and Zoanthids remain closed up when in proximity to RFAs. The Gorgonians slowly died.

I've had an Elegance coral sting my Borneman anemone. THe Borneman's tentacles were retraced for a few days, then he wised up and moved out of range of the Elegance.

• Like 1

good to know. i will try moving the rics to the rock with the RFAs. need to do it because they are too close to the glass and everytime i clean the glass, they going flying everywhere

Well fiiiine if you want a real answer...

I had an RFA climb next to a small seasons greetings cap frag and the cap almost lost before I moved it. However, I have another RFA next to a BIG piece of idaho grape and both are just fine. I also have a couple of RFAs by a neon toadstool and everyone is happy.

I think it really varies coral to coral. I would give it a try on a weekend when you are home and can keep a close eye on things.

• Like 1

So I was just moving some RFA babies onto the rocks, and I kept noticing more showing up. I looked around and saw one giving birth. These are a little larger and more developed than the previous pics that I took. Here's the iPhone video of it giving birth:

• Like 7

Wow! It's the biggest baby I've ever seen. Congrats!!!!!! Can't wait to see what it looks like. And this reminded me, I need to feed mine tonight. I just got my 40g wet tonight to start over again!!!

• Like 2
My tiny reef

That's awesome seabass! Ive noticed mine is delivering at different times too, she has a couple I can still see in her disc that I'm hoping she holds onto for a lot longer till they get big and fat.

• Like 1

Wow! It's the biggest baby I've ever seen. Congrats!!!!!! Can't wait to see what it looks like.

Thanks. It's about 3mm in diameter. Here's one of the one day old babies.

040216a.jpg

• Like 2

good to know. i will try moving the rics to the rock with the RFAs. need to do it because they are too close to the glass and everytime i clean the glass, they going flying everywhere

hi there!!

Move them with confidence... they are ok being next to each other. :)

Sandy

Got Corals, Inc

• Like 2

Love your pictures! That one looks so blue, the whites do turn pretty in blues. I take it that's with a camera versus phone?

• Christopher Marks pinned this topic