Coral Vue Hydros

Rock Flower Anemone Information and Appreciation Thread

Mirya

I don't understand why Tidal Gardens feels the need to rip you off. There are many rainbows out there, for more than half off that price. Greed isn't attractive.

• Like 2
getmealemon

Depends what your used to paying for them. I've never seen one like that available here so if one like that came up for around £200 i would get it. But i would agree the other nems they have seem very over priced.

One supplier here has an interesting one for sale at £299 ($422) it's nice but definitely over priced. I commonly pay between £50-100 for mine and £100-150 for some of the nicest ones.

http://charterhouse-aquatics.com/shop/livestock/inverts/anemone/rock-flower-anemone-wysiwyg-20-1

Saw this and wondered if anybody here had seen it? Amazing colours....if it was in the UK i would be adding that to my collection!

http://www.tidalgardens.com/stock-strawberry-lemonade-flower-anemone.html

That anemone does not look like that in real life. This seller is using blue lighting and on top of that he/she "enhanced/oversaurated" those pics. It's just a run of the mill rainbow anemone. I have lots of them but I didn't know you could sell them for that much....lol. This seller is totally deceiving people.

• Like 1

All of their RFAs seem really overpriced. Their Pink Pinstripe is $215... Sandy had a gorgeous one I was strongly eyeing for $30.

I just got my Fire Shrimp so once she settles in my next invert will be a pink RFA. Can hardly wait.. but I must!

• Like 1

I get a kick out of people asking way to much for RFAs........I am sorry but 20 to 40 is about it for ones that are shipped to you. I understand the local store has to charge a little more as there is a middle man involved most of the time.

RTF just picked this one up for me and it was 30 at a local store......IMG_1773.jpg

added to the family......IMG_1776.jpg

• Like 4
getmealemon

That anemone does not look like that in real life. This seller is using blue lighting and on top of that he/she "enhanced/oversaurated" those pics. It's just a run of the mill rainbow anemone. I have lots of them but I didn't know you could sell them for that much....lol. This seller is totally deceiving people.

Good to know, have you got a picture thats a more accurate representation? Looking at the pictures of it again it does look over saturated.

I found my first RFA baby omgomgomg

That's awesome Harry!

My nitrates have been 20 for 2 days and I'm doing another water change tomorrow and plugging in the skimmer so I've asked Frank if he can send the nems next week.

• Like 1

This thread makes me want an RFA so badly!
Just need to find an LFS that carries them.. I won't pay $50 in shipping to buy just one RFA from online vendors.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered 3 RFA online they are my first anemone.

- Acclimate them by floating bag in main tank for 1 hour, take it out bag and place on surface for it to expel some its water out, then put in main tank?

- I can hold them bare handed or do they sting and I have to wear latex gloves?

- How long do can they live in home reef tank?

- Plan to feed them pellet food once in awhile but mostly have them feed off the lighting (AI Hydra 26 HD).

- On lighting Anemone should grow from Blues or mostly from White color spetrum?

• Christopher Marks pinned this topic