Pod Your Reef

Arce's Tank

Arce

What did you use on the 29 g? I thought I read it was LED but wasn't sure the type.

It was a 4x39 coralvue fixture with leds retrofit into it. Leds were only Royal blues and neutral whites.

Its confirmed, The peppermint shrimps have been doing work. Had one large aiptasia that was easily visible from the front, as of right now its completely gone! :happy:

Acros are looking great

Thanks man!

Page bump

One month growth comparison. Left is 1 month ago, right is from yesterday.. Horrible pics taken with my iphone.

Slimer - Branching out, good encrusting on the base. Cleaning my tank i accidently broke the piece near the base. Glued it back on and it encrusted over the broken area and is now 1 piece again. You can see the "bump" in the second picture near the base where it grew over the glue lol.

23748888520_92d1759037_n.jpg24420924873_a96fb692fa_n.jpg

PC Rainbow - Mostly encrusting, cant wait for it to take off.

24420972053_ce21a13a4d_n.jpg25021405186_9180b5ee51_n.jpg

Joe the coral - The blue tips are literally that intense.

24420909903_13aaa1cda2.jpg

Back in the Kat club - Already encrusting nicely

25047778885_d7dc188377.jpg

Blue stag - Hasn't grown much, but color came back 100%

24420930653_8519893bc8.jpg

Horrida - Crappy pic. Always has good PE but hasn't grown much.

24418978434_ceb6e4d272.jpg

Fenneri - Fast growth, encursted like crazy, both of the main branches were seperated but have now fused at the base and growing out even more. Green polyps look great when extended fully.

24422768033_3cc680a456.jpg

• Like 5

Thinking about pulling the left rock out and making an area for my acans, gorgs and nepthea. Would leave that larger right structure. Not sure if it will throw off the balance of the scape and look of the tank.

Thinking about pulling the left rock out and making an area for my acans, gorgs and nepthea. Would leave that larger right structure. Not sure if it will through off the balance of the scape and look of the tank.

Maybe a smaller piece to replace it with? That way you have some balance?

• Like 1

Maybe a smaller piece to replace it with? That way you have some balance?

That was a thought. Have to see how it looks.

This is a olddd pic from when i first set this tank up, only had the right side in with a couple small rocks on the left. So it would look like this, just sticks on the scape and acans with gorgs and nepthea on the left open area.

I would post a recent FTS but getting rid of some uglies first.

21772155603_08555b7de8.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, What a change from when you started! Good Work!

Yea, this tank started when i took my 29 down. Was supposed to be a simple tank then went full sps because i have no self control lol. Thanks!

• Like 3

Yea, this tank started when i took my 29 down. Was supposed to be a simple tank then went full sps because i have no self control lol. Thanks!

I must admit I need help as well ...

I couldn't be away from the tanks so I set up a 3 gallon at work...

It happens we are here to support eachother.. LOL

• Like 2

I must admit I need help as well ...

I couldn't be away from the tanks so I set up a 3 gallon at work...

It happens we are here to support eachother.. LOL

Your SPS are looking good on IG though. I need me some of that pink and yellow montis

• Like 1

Planning on buying a 6x24 ATI and gut 2 bulbs out for some LEDs. I guess ill sell the 4x24 to recoup some money, have to see.

You could just go with these as an alternative..save some time and effort.

It was a thought, waiting to see the results on them from some of the led people

I guess it depends what reefers expect from them... if your just looking for the "pop" from Royal Blues then I think they nail it. I personally have no interest in any of the other bulbs as T5's cover every other spectrum perfectly but the actinic glow from Royal blue LEDS can't be duplicated by any T5 bulb.

I guess it depends what reefers expect from them... if your just looking for the "pop" from Royal Blues then I think they nail it. I personally have no interest in any of the other bulbs as T5's cover every other spectrum perfectly but the actinic glow from Royal blue LEDS can't be duplicated by any T5 bulb.

Thats mostly what im looking for. Also just need some more power, the 4x24 is great but some pieces are begging for more light.

As of this morning I did not see any aiptasia, they even took out the biggest ones i have omgomgomg . Not sure if i should keep them long term or pass them off to someone. Might wait to make sure they got all the babies so they don't come back.

This guy looks 100% better than my coral

Its doing good, hasn't grown much though. Branched out a little bit but not significant. Hasn't encrusted much either. Always has good PE though.

Left is from January 20 something and the right was past Sunday.

24970607162_353e6ed10c_n.jpg24418978434_ceb6e4d272_n.jpg

• Like 2

I could use one pep. Alternatively I'm thinking that I will take my zoa rock with the aiptasia to MA and have them put it in the pep tank for the time I am there.

Idk if that would be enough time to get them to eat it. Mine apparently only ate them at night because during the day, or at least when i was looking at the tank, they hid under the rock.

I would take the rock but don't have any room. Maybe, ill lend you them and you put it in your tub?

Trying to catch them will be a painnnnnn though