SaltCritters.com

Arce's Tank

Arce

Top down. Okay, it's not so bad. It;s very dark when you look at it through the glass but looks like this top down. Still going to move it lower though.

Looks good just give it time

• Like 1

Added some blue leds over the weekend, just put them on a 1" heatsink and made a mounting bracket onto my ATI. Everything's doing good, SPS seem healthy, my PC rainbow is 50/50, looks like its coming back strong but there is one white spot that concerns me. Filtration is still a damn pain, i began siphoning into a filter sock and dumping the water back in. Need to get a smaller micron sock though because a lot still passes through.

• Like 2

Need to start planning for my vacation in two weeks. Hate leaving the tank for more than a day or two, too many things that can go wrong. Need to make sure all my fail safes are good and make some extra rodi. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I need to find some frags of pink lemonade and starburst monti. Idk why its so hard to find some decent pieces of them. My lfs has some starburst but they r literally 1/4" frags, not worth.

• Like 1

Updated tank shot from the past weekend. Very blue since i added those LEDs. Need to turn them off for photos. SPS are doing good. PC rainbow, you can see the white spot where the two branches meet, aside from that its doing well. Getting some great growth.

Going to probably play with my tank sometime this weekend. I want to add that rock on the left that i took out some time ago and see how it looks. I dried it out and then soaked it in RODI for a couple weeks so hopefully its clean enough. Also want to put a WP10 back in the tank, the MP10 is great solo but want to throw some random flow into the mix and see how things do.

25825170633_e32f4ca3a3_c.jpg

• Like 6

Looks great Arce. Don't do too many changes, it's 2 weeks to vacation.

Thanks. Yea i mean flow and adding one rock shouldn't cause any snowball effects. At least one would hope.

• Like 1

I need to find some frags of pink lemonade and starburst monti. Idk why its so hard to find some decent pieces of them. My lfs has some starburst but they r literally 1/4" frags, not worth.

Check Cherry Corals. Though their frags may only be about .5-1 inch.

So over the weekend i went crazy cleaning the tank, did a waterchange and then siphoned into a filter sock twice to get out a ton of crap. End result was a clean tank but apparently i cleaned too much and shocked my pc rainbow once again. Bleached it out, not completely but very pale. A couple other pieces are pale as well. So now 'm thinking my tanks too clean, which i cant comprehend since i don't have a skimmer, puts a new spin on my thoughts of nutrients. Otherwise things are ok. Got pink lemonade and tierra del fuego frags in trade for my gorgs. Hoping they take off and do well.

• Like 2

Updated tank shot from the past weekend. Very blue since i added those LEDs. Need to turn them off for photos. SPS are doing good. PC rainbow, you can see the white spot where the two branches meet, aside from that its doing well. Getting some great growth.

Going to probably play with my tank sometime this weekend. I want to add that rock on the left that i took out some time ago and see how it looks. I dried it out and then soaked it in RODI for a couple weeks so hopefully its clean enough. Also want to put a WP10 back in the tank, the MP10 is great solo but want to throw some random flow into the mix and see how things do.

25825170633_e32f4ca3a3_c.jpg

I thought this wasn't gonna be Sps dominate...lol! Looking great Justin. Keep it up.
  • Like 2

I thought this wasn't gonna be Sps dominate...lol! Looking great Justin. Keep it up.

Lmao we all knew it was going to come to this. Thanks.

• Like 2

I refuse to do any testing on this tank. Everythings been doing great without it. Just need to stop the pc rainbow from bleaching out which im sure is due to the waterchanges and me keeping things too clean. All good.

• Like 1

Your tank is looking great Justin. I am surprised that you get that kind of positive results with sps and you don't test. How do you monitor alk swings?

• Like 1

Your tank is looking great Justin. I am surprised that you get that kind of positive results with sps and you don't test. How do you monitor alk swings?

Thanks! Well, i don't monitor anything, i just go off of what my sps look like. I have yet to adjust my doser, honestly don't even know how much I'm dosing right now. Eventually i will need to test, or things will go down hill quickly, but for now I'm just riding it out.

• Like 2