Pod Your Reef

Arce's Tank

Arce

So my birthday is tomorrow, think i should buy myself a gift. Maybe something fish related

Walt Disney Tenuis. I think your lady might need some hints. :)

No idea

what! Was it waving about? wasn't? Argh.

Solid wins all around. B)

Congrats on those snorkeling photos, also the proposal.

Thanks, snorkeling was amazing, pretty impressed with the gopro. And yes the proposal, thanks :lol::happy: .

Walt Disney Tenuis. I think your lady might need some hints. :)

what! Was it waving about? wasn't? Argh.

Jesus kat i just bought the ring a WD tenius isnt in the budget :rolleyes:

I think it was like an encrusting gorg, had the polyps of them, but solid structure. Those "pillars" were like 8 feet tall. I tried getting a video next to them to show the comparison but my gf wasnt able to get a good angle when taking the video.

jedimasterben

What are these huge things? LPS? Gorgonian?

26740825912_3af4ca20fe.jpg

Dendrogyra cylindrus, the pillar coral.

Congrats on putting a ring on it! About time ;)

And happy birthday!

giphy.gif

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!!!

Thanks Dawn!

Dendrogyra cylindrus, the pillar coral.

Congrats on putting a ring on it! About time ;)

And happy birthday!

Thanks Ben, thanks for the ID as well.

Happy late Birthday! did you buy yourself something reef related?

Thanks! Yea i did, found a starburst frag at my lfs so i picked that up.

• Like 1

Thanks! Yea i did, found a starburst frag at my lfs so i picked that up.

Nice! You've been looking for one for a bit now!

• Like 1

Nice! You've been looking for one for a bit now!

Yea. Its not huge but said screw it and got it since i havent been able to find any,

• Like 1

So i jinxed myself with the alk. Starting to get some issues from the alk swings. PC rainbows still hanging in there, Bonsai is showing STN, Fenneri has no PE and its flesh is very thin. Other sps are doing ok, some look perfectly healthy. Trying to crack down on my alk, think it was because of all the water changes i was doing that it kept swinging my levels.

• Like 1

So i jinxed myself with the alk. Starting to get some issues from the alk swings. PC rainbows still hanging in there, Bonsai is showing STN, Fenneri has no PE and its flesh is very thin. Other sps are doing ok, some look perfectly healthy. Trying to crack down on my alk, think it was because of all the water changes i was doing that it kept swinging my levels.

O no Justin, I hope it settles soon. Maybe you should adjust your water change water with 2 part to the same as the tank before you add it.

O no Justin, I hope it settles soon. Maybe you should adjust your water change water with 2 part to the same as the tank before you add it.

Unfortunately im using Reef crystals so alk is like 11 or so with new mixes. So ive been raising my alk in the tank so if i do a w/c it isnt a huge raise. Not having a skimmer requires more changes but im going to have to back off for awhile.

• Like 2

Unfortunately im using Reef crystals so alk is like 11 or so with new mixes. So ive been raising my alk in the tank so if i do a w/c it isnt a huge raise. Not having a skimmer requires more changes but im going to have to back off for awhile.

I was using RSCP and my LPS were not happy with alk swings. I couldn't keep up with alk at around 11. so I ended up switching to the red sea blue bucket since alk mixes much lower. So far, so good. Alk has been a consistent 9.

Not sure that really helps you any since I don't have any SPS, but figured I'd share.

• Like 2

I was using RSCP and my LPS were not happy with alk swings. I couldn't keep up with alk at around 11. so I ended up switching to the red sea blue bucket since alk mixes much lower. So far, so good. Alk has been a consistent 9.

Not sure that really helps you any since I don't have any SPS, but figured I'd share.

It does, same concept. I was planning on switching to a different salt, might be the best solution. But in the mean time i raised my alk to near 11 and going to let it sit.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

+1 to Red Sea blue bucket. It's really not that much more than Reef Crystals - the '200 gallon' box only makes around 165 gallons of 35ppt water and is $55, putting it at 33.3 cents per gallon, Red sea blue bucket makes 175 gallons at 35ppt and $69, putting it at 39.4 cents per gallon.

• Like 2

+1 to Red Sea blue bucket. It's really not that much more than Reef Crystals - the '200 gallon' box only makes around 165 gallons of 35ppt water and is $55, putting it at 33.3 cents per gallon, Red sea blue bucket makes 175 gallons at 35ppt and $69, putting it at 39.4 cents per gallon.

Thanks for the breakdown. I have 3 bags left of RC, but i may just save them for the future and go buy a blue bucket. What does their alk mix at.

• Like 1

Thanks for the breakdown. I have 3 bags left of RC, but i may just save them for the future and go buy a blue bucket. What does their alk mix at.

Mine is about at 9. First bucket I've had so I can't speak to consistency between buckets, but the RSCP was mixing at around 11.