Cultivated Reef

Arce's Tank

Arce

So this was taken yesterday, only blues are one but you can see the PC rainbow is very white and dull.

Also shows the new scape changes.

25377425735_c2cd389d22.jpg

Probably should point out the PC rainbows between the blue stag and slimer

• Like 2

Scape looks good, I like having more open space. :) That stag and slimer are awesome. :naughtydance: and those acans are sexy as well.

Thanks, Yea the old layout just felt too cluttered. I cant wait for the stag to take off, but the slimers already on its way, growth has been great on it so far. Thanks, i love these acans, so much color.

• Like 1

Going through one of those phases where i have zero motivation for this hobby and have lost interest. It'll pass but tanks been neglected. Just wish there was a pause button so i could take some time off from my tank lol. :rolleyes:

Tanks got some serious cyano going on and diatoms. Trying not to do a w/c because of the pc rainbow issue. So no idea what to do.

Don't get discouraged, cyano happens. Focus on the good things your tank has going for it like good growth with the slimer and good color with the acans. Your new scape is really great too, the best so far in my opinion. What fish do you have? Maybe you just need something really cute with personality to fan the reefer flame a bit?

• Like 1

Don't get discouraged, cyano happens. Focus on the good things your tank has going for it like good growth with the slimer and good color with the acans. Your new scape is really great too, the best so far in my opinion. What fish do you have? Maybe you just need something really cute with personality to fan the reefer flame a bit?

Yea i try to look at the positives. Just not feelin it right now, happens from time to time mostly because i have so much going on with life as well.

Think im going to pull the sandbed to solve some of my issues. Feeling like its the best bet. My 29 was doing the best when it was BB too.

Thanks for the comments on my scape, it was the best imo as well. Doesnt look as cluttered.

Right now i have my occ. clown, mandarin, springers, and banggai cardinal.

Tank is a hot mess. Pulled my sand last night, really had no choice things were going south. I'm sure this will cause a whole separate mess of problems but I just wanted to get it done. Hopefully everything just holds on and make a turn around once things stabilize again. Pulling all the sand out i saw how much crap was really in the tank, now i remember why i went BB in my 29.

• Like 3

Just hang in there and ride it out. Things will turn around.

Thanks, hoping it will.

Hang in there. Did you end up using the phosban reactor?

No because of the issues with my PC rainbow, wanted to let it heal up but then things went back down. I had thought it was a nutrient problem, not having enough, that caused it to bleach so i didn't want to shock it with putting GFO on a reactor.

• Like 1

Once things settle down, do the basic 5 tests - alk, cal, mag, nitrates, phosphates. If running GFO or phosguard passively works then just use the phosban as an additional filter and add carbon. Chemipure blue in the reactor with floss will work well also. But that's after you check levels and have things settle down.

• Like 2

Once things settle down, do the basic 5 tests - alk, cal, mag, nitrates, phosphates. If running GFO or phosguard passively works then just use the phosban as an additional filter and add carbon. Chemipure blue in the reactor with floss will work well also. But that's after you check levels and have things settle down.

Yea its just a waiting game now, going to see how the tank reacted tonight when i get home. The first day after pulling all the sand will probably show how bad things are screwed up. Going on from there things should slowly settle... hopefully.

• Like 2

So nothing was lost due to the removal of the sand bed. Some loss of color but that was expected. Pc rainbow is getting some color back on the base but still pale white with good PE. I'm still pulling detritus and crap out, did a w/c last night. Its amazing how much really gets trapped in the sand, and i thought i was on top of my siphoning. Should have remembered this from my 29 but oh well.

• Like 1

So nothing was lost due to the removal of the sand bed. Some loss of color but that was expected. Pc rainbow is getting some color back on the base but still pale white with good PE. I'm still pulling detritus and crap out, did a w/c last night. Its amazing how much really gets trapped in the sand, and i thought i was on top of my siphoning. Should have remembered this from my 29 but oh well.

I'm loving the new scape, Arce!

Good to hear, I lost my pc rainbow but will try again when things settle down.

I'm loving the new scape, Arce!

Thanks stella

Good to hear, I lost my pc rainbow but will try again when things settle down.

Yea im hoping that it pulls through. Well see, its really beaten up.

• Like 2

Tank seems to be stabilizing, did 2 w/c last week and things seem to be taking a turn. I think ill have one casualty, my horrida, but overall not devastated. PC rainbows getting color back. Other sps are pissed but trucking along. I got a gopro for christmas, never really got around to using it, was mainly for when me and the gf go on vacations. Took some under water videos, very cool, ill post one eventually.

• Like 2

Tank seems to be stabilizing, did 2 w/c last week and things seem to be taking a turn. I think ill have one casualty, my horrida, but overall not devastated. PC rainbows getting color back. Other sps are pissed but trucking along. I got a gopro for christmas, never really got around to using it, was mainly for when me and the gf go on vacations. Took some under water videos, very cool, ill post one eventually.

Glad to hear the PCR made it, screw the Horrida. :) My Horrida is fairly stable, no idea why.

• Like 1

Glad to hear the PCR made it, screw the Horrida. :) My Horrida is fairly stable, no idea why.

My horrida was doing great then when i pulled the sand it went poop brown. Might pull through but no idea. Im really hoping the PCrainbow makes a comeback.

• Like 1

My horrida was doing great then when i pulled the sand it went poop brown. Might pull through but no idea. Im really hoping the PCrainbow makes a comeback.

Ah, so it's just brown, good. I bet it comes back but I haven't figure out mine yet. it actually did very well when I had it on the frag rack for a week during the big rescape.

• Like 1

Ah, so it's just brown, good. I bet it comes back but I haven't figure out mine yet. it actually did very well when I had it on the frag rack for a week during the big rescape.

Its a bit past just brown, no PE and flesh is very thin. So who knows.

• Like 1

Happy Easter all.

The current state of my tank.

25474179504_3976ef7165_c.jpg

PC Rainbow is still holding on and coming back.

26053025386_91af1cb949_z.jpg

Blue Stags been doing good.

25986080712_0634baee08_z.jpg

Pink table, same one i had in my 29, i found another at my LFS.

25473863604_c7246a1965_z.jpg

Kat frag growing a bit.

26012276141_74b70c88e4_z.jpg

• Like 9