Cultivated Reef

Arce's Tank

Arce

Idk if that would be enough time to get them to eat it. Mine apparently only ate them at night because during the day, or at least when i was looking at the tank, they hid under the rock.

I would take the rock but don't have any room. Maybe, ill lend you them and you put it in your tub?

Trying to catch them will be a painnnnnn though

THE TUB IS BRILLIANT! You're very good with ideas lately. :flower:

• Like 2

Psh LATELY? Been brilliant :slap:

Ha ha, you have been funny too! I like the idea of an acan garden. Maybe just take a chisel to the rock that is on the left side already to make it the size you want?

• Like 1

Ha ha, you have been funny too! I like the idea of an acan garden. Maybe just take a chisel to the rock that is on the left side already to make it the size you want?

:P

That's an idea but that rock is a really nice piece i don't think i want to chisel it in half or anything. It used to be the "base" of the main right structure but then i used 3 smaller rocks to kind of lift it instead to make a large cave under the rock to aid in flow and for my fish.

I really just need to test it out and see how it looks, maybe tonight.

• Like 2

:P

That's an idea but that rock is a really nice piece i don't think i want to chisel it in half or anything. It used to be the "base" of the main right structure but then i used 3 smaller rocks to kind of lift it instead to make a large cave under the rock to aid in flow and for my fish.

I really just need to test it out and see how it looks, maybe tonight.

Yea, I get not wanting to damage or destroy rocks that are nice pieces. I had a whole box full from a 90g that I took down. Now my son has them for his tank.:-)
  • Like 1

Arce, ima need those peps soon. :blink:

Its confirmed, The peppermint shrimps have been doing work. Had one large aiptasia that was easily visible from the front, as of right now its completely gone! :happy:

The only humane way to kill aiptasia in my opinion ;).

• Like 1

Looking great, Arce :) It always cracks me up when you say "crappy cell phone pic" and I think "but that's a nice pic!"

Thanks. Lol to me they are crappy, some come out good others look bleh.

• Like 1

Found a couple aiptasia that the peppermints didnt get yet. They look half eaten though, one big one doesn't have a full extension. Hopefully they just got full and will take it out soon.

• Like 2

Found a couple aiptasia that the peppermints didnt get yet. They look half eaten though, one big one doesn't have a full extension. Hopefully they just got full and will take it out soon.

Mine are going to town in the 40 gallon, 2 big ones gone yesterday, I could not believe it.

• Like 2

Mine are going to town in the 40 gallon, 2 big ones gone yesterday, I could not believe it.

Me either honestly. I had gotten 3 because they were 3 for $30 at my store. I was so surprised when they started chowing down on them. Figured it would have taken longer if they ate them at all.

• Like 1

Had some serious bleaching in my PC rainbow and a couple other pieces are showing stress. Did a water change and switched out my carbon. Trying to back track and see what the hell I did. It was an over night occurrence. The night before I was playing with the scape which kicked up a lot of detritus and gunk. Maybe that, or the nepthea putting out some chemicals; I had noticed one branch of my nepthea was basically touching my gorg so maybe that was the reason. The Pc rainbow still has PE and some color so hoping it pulls through. Some other pieces are more damaged so fingers crossed. Weird thing is my slimers unaffected, in fact it looked pretty amazing yesterday.

Can you dim/raise the lights? My PC is nice and brown with a bright green base at the moment. Word is it likes lower light to begin with so I've got mine right in the center, under the brace.

• Like 1

Can you dim/raise the lights? My PC is nice and brown with a bright green base at the moment. Word is it likes lower light to begin with so I've got mine right in the center, under the brace.

Its been loving life until now. Dont really want to change anything, going to ride it out unless things go down hill. I think something i did when i was playing with the scape set it off. Whether its a nutrient spike or a contaminant/chemical warfare.

Its only under a 4 bulb fixture, although im sure its getting decent par, but i never tested yet.

• Like 1

Its been loving life until now. Dont really want to change anything, going to ride it out unless things go down hill. I think something i did when i was playing with the scape set it off. Whether its a nutrient spike or a contaminant/chemical warfare.

Its only under a 4 bulb fixture, although im sure its getting decent par, but i never tested yet.

I'm all for doing nothing instead of something, it usually works out for the best with SPS. :)

After stirring up crap did you notice the water getting super clear after a few hours or the next day? Could it be light shock?

• Like 1

I'm all for doing nothing instead of something, it usually works out for the best with SPS. :)

After stirring up crap did you notice the water getting super clear after a few hours or the next day? Could it be light shock

I was screwing around with the tank late Friday night, I think an hour after the lights even turned off. I obviously put them on so I could see, but only the blues. Then I was gone the Saturday and didn't get back till late, maybe 6 and that's when i noticed it bleached. No idea how long it took for the detritus and gunk to settle.

Its not pure white though, just appears stressed. Has a faint color throughout and some areas have more color than others. Its quite weird.

• Like 2

I was screwing around with the tank late Friday night, I think an hour after the lights even turned off. I obviously put them on so I could see, but only the blues. Then I was gone the Saturday and didn't get back till late, maybe 6 and that's when i noticed it bleached. No idea how long it took for the detritus and gunk to settle.

Its not pure white though, just appears stressed. Has a faint color throughout and some areas have more color than others. Its quite weird.

I started stirring my gravel on a regular basis, releasing all kinds of crap into the water and by the next day the water is super clear, amazingly clear. Must be the same reason people do coral snow on a regular basis, to clear up the water.

Can't help with weird acro problems, I'm still there myself. :)

• Like 1