Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Arce's Tank

Arce

Check this out. Night time stalking with a UV flashlight. Polyps cant get more extended than that.

24701040085_18aa7802f8_z.jpg

Do you feed your corals at night? Those polyps look absolutely gigantic.

Sand is coming out. Over this dirtiness. Idk how people keep long term tanks without sumps or AIOs, this has gotten on my nerves and the tanks only been up 7-ish months. SPS are doing great though, good growth and decent color on most. The blue stags gotten a green hue, almost a seafoam color, have a feeling it has to do with nutrient levels / lighting.

• Like 1

Sand is coming out. Over this dirtiness. Idk how people keep long term tanks without sumps or AIOs, this has gotten on my nerves and the tanks only been up 7-ish months. SPS are doing great though, good growth and decent color on most. The blue stags gotten a green hue, almost a seafoam color, have a feeling it has to do with nutrient levels / lighting.

My blue stag is the same way. Purchased solid blue but in my tank is a blue/green. I think the source tank was extremely low nutrients.

• Like 1

My blue stag is the same way. Purchased solid blue but in my tank is a blue/green. I think the source tank was extremely low nutrients.

Yea thats what i assumed as well since my nutrients are probably high (even though i dont test the large amounts of algae growth dictate that).

• Like 1

WOAH! That's a cool photo.

Thanks, I love stalking the tank with that UV flashlight, everything glows. Aside from aesthetics its good health indicators for SPS.

• Like 3

Thanks, I love stalking the tank with that UV flashlight, everything glows. Aside from aesthetics its good health indicators for SPS.

that photo makes me want to get acros :lol:

it really is fun stalking the tank. Seriously, I'm pretty sure I waste at least a couple dozen hours weekly doing this :lol:

• Like 2

that photo makes me want to get acros :lol:

it really is fun stalking the tank. Seriously, I'm pretty sure I waste at least a couple dozen hours weekly doing this :lol:

Acros or nothing, thats the way i see it :happy:. Jeez it took me only 3 months or so without acros to go crazy.

That coral is just glowing under the UV, wow!

Yep! Thats not even the brightest one. Should post some other pics under UV.

• Like 2

Acros or nothing, thats the way i see it :happy:. Jeez it took me only 3 months or so without acros to go crazy.

Yep! Thats not even the brightest one. Should post some other pics under UV.

You were already crazy. Don't fool yourself, Arce :P

• Like 1

lol! At least you admit it. I am still working up to admitting it myself ;)

but seriously - your tank is looking amazing!

Better to just admit it and embrace it.

Thanks, should post a fts soon but things need to still color up before im satisfied, high standards ya know :lol:

• Like 1

Better to just admit it and embrace it.

Thanks, should post a fts soon but things need to still color up before im satisfied, high standards ya know :lol:

:lol: OMG yes, I'm slowly learning about your high standards!

• Like 1

CRAP damn RW4 just stopped working. No idea what they hell is wrong with it, probably just a case of you get what you pay for. Need to get a pump asap i just have a WP 10 in there but its not enough.