inTank Media Baskets

Arce's Tank

Arce

I have always had reasonably high nutrient tanks. Of course I have never had many sps...

Do you run carbon and gfo? I wonder if that would help with the algae? Its still easy if you just plop it in a media bag and put it near some flow.

I have chemipure elite in the HOB. I dont want to run GFO really because i feel like that may just cause more problems. Feel like it will just cause fluctuations in my PO levels. Unless i changed the gfo frequently, it will just exhuast and then phos would raise and cause an imbalance.Things have been going well with the levels being whatever they are now.

• Like 1

I have chemipure elite in the HOB. I dont want to run GFO really because i feel like that may just cause more problems. Feel like it will just cause fluctuations in my PO levels. Unless i changed the gfo frequently, it will just exhuast and then phos would raise and cause an imbalance.Things have been going well with the levels being whatever they are now.

I agree, especially since you already have chemipure elite.
  • Like 1

You are running GFO with the CPE so you could just run it in a separate bag if PO4 becomes a problem.

Yes it has gfo, but its minimal, compared to running it seperately to actually maintain phos. Honestly never saw a difference using the chemipure in terms of algae or phosphates. Just use it for carbon since its one of the only kinds my lfs carries.

Have a reactor if you want it. extra filtration, carbon, gfo is you want to add a pinch.

I remember talking about it. Might take you up on it. Could ditch the HOB completely and just do that instead.

• Like 1

Acans under actinics last night..

These are growing fast, started with 2 heads 1 baby, up to 4 heads like 5 baby heads. Crazy.

24236476054_b67646f4df.jpg

These i cant really get the full color in photos, the inside of them have such great color with the outer rim being a blueish purple.

24746758402_77ea4ddf86.jpg

• Like 3

One month growth comparison. Left is 1 month ago, right is from yesterday.. Horrible pics taken with my iphone.

Slimer - Branching out, good encrusting on the base. Cleaning my tank i accidently broke the piece near the base. Glued it back on and it encrusted over the broken area and is now 1 piece again. You can see the "bump" in the second picture near the base where it grew over the glue lol.

23748888520_92d1759037_n.jpg24420924873_a96fb692fa_n.jpg

PC Rainbow - Mostly encrusting, cant wait for it to take off.

24420972053_ce21a13a4d_n.jpg25021405186_9180b5ee51_n.jpg

Joe the coral - The blue tips are literally that intense.

24420909903_13aaa1cda2.jpg

Back in the Kat club - Already encrusting nicely

25047778885_d7dc188377.jpg

Blue stag - Hasn't grown much, but color came back 100%

24420930653_8519893bc8.jpg

• Like 6

Horrida - Crappy pic. Always has good PE but hasn't grown much.

24418978434_ceb6e4d272.jpg

Fenneri - Fast growth, encursted like crazy, both of the main branches were seperated but have now fused at the base and growing out even more. Green polyps look great when extended fully.

24422768033_3cc680a456.jpg

• Like 5

Horrida - Crappy pic. Always has good PE but hasn't grown much.

24418978434_ceb6e4d272.jpg

Fenneri - Fast growth, encursted like crazy, both of the main branches were seperated but have now fused at the base and growing out even more. Green polyps look great when extended fully.

24422768033_3cc680a456.jpg

It would appear that your sps are doing very well!
  • Like 1

The coral are all looking great arce :o Let me know when you frag the orange acan. Id like to buy or trade for a head or two. Unfortunately mine was stung to death by my micromussa. (stupid mistake on my part the frag wasnt glued and was knocked right next to the micromussa by a snail <_< )

The coral are all looking great arce :o Let me know when you frag the orange acan. Id like to buy or trade for a head or two. Unfortunately mine was stung to death by my micromussa. (stupid mistake on my part the frag wasnt glued and was knocked right next to the micromussa by a snail <_< )

Thanks! Oh man that sucks, ill definitely cut you a head once it fills out. This things growing fast.

Hey take a number! :angry:

• Like 1

Nice Arce, acros looking great. Are you running GFO? Do you know PO4?

Nevermind, you just answered this. :)

• Like 1

Joe the coral - The blue tips are literally that intense.

24420909903_13aaa1cda2.jpg

That's Joe the Coral?! Beauty!

Do you think that's what this is? I picked it up at the LFS, I bought it as some random blue tenuis. Seems to want to table more than grow branches. I didn't think that tenuis was tabling.

20151116_112420_zps02l5u5lo.jpg

• Like 2

Do you think that's what this is? I picked it up at the LFS, I bought it as some random blue tenuis. Seems to want to table more than grow branches. I didn't think that tenuis was tabling.

Thats what i bought it as, honestly not that good at IDing sps but yours looks close to mine.

20151116_112420_zps02l5u5lo.jpg

Don't think tenuis, probably a valida