Coral Vue Hydros

Arce's Tank

Arce

Trying to decide what tank i want in the future. I want to buy it now, because in the future i don't see having the cash since I'm planning some big life changes come spring.

My dream tank would probably be something like a 30x20x18 but i got some crazyyyyy prices for a custom tank.

Not sure i want a cube, not a fan, but still considering it since there's options like the red sea 170. Was looking at SCA's 66 pnp but thats a bit bigger than i wanted.

• Like 4

Trying to decide what tank i want in the future. I want to buy it now, because in the future i don't see having the cash since I'm planning some big life changes come spring.

My dream tank would probably be something like a 30x20x18 but i got some crazyyyyy prices for a custom tank.

Not sure i want a cube, not a fan, but still considering it since there's options like the red sea 170. Was looking at SCA's 66 pnp but thats a bit bigger than i wanted.

yeah, I've been going and asking quotes for a 36x24x18 and the lowest so far i got was $498 drilled. I was thinking making an acrylic tank but I really really don't want a brace at the top but material wise, it would only cost around $215.

• Like 1

yeah, I've been going and asking quotes for a 36x24x18 and the lowest so far i got was $498 drilled. I was thinking making an acrylic tank but I really really don't want a brace at the top but material wise, it would only cost around $215.

Thats a lot cheaper than i got, asked most of the "bigger" name companies, quoted average $900 to my door.

• Like 2

Doesn't deep blue make RR tanks in the dimensions you both want?

Red Sea Reefer is expensive but boy are they beautiful.

I've heard about the SCA tanks being really good too and affordable.

Can't post without a CADlights plug but that is a personal choice.

• Like 1

Thats a lot cheaper than i got, asked most of the "bigger" name companies, quoted average $900 to my door.

SimplyNanoTanks on FB, he was on here before, he is in NJ. you would still need to buy the overflow so tack that on top of the tank cost with him. I also cant vouch for his work, just seen past work on his page, looks good enough.

I'm only wondering about it at this point, my 30 gal project needs some time to mature first before I pull the trigger but I didn't know Deep Blue made 36x24x18 tanks.

Deep blue doesn't as far as i know. I looked at their website, unless they have some that aren't on their site.

Red seas a contender because the quality is there and they are nice tanks. My LFS has the 170 on display. Dims kill me though, i hate cubes.

Cadlights was in the running for their versa 42, 30x18x18, closest dims to what i want. But idk, they get flamed alot, not sure i want to risk it. Then again, you always hear about the bads but never the good. Idk.

I would like to find a tank only and not buy a whole setup, (tank stand sump) Because id like to customize it and not be restricted to what they give me. Problem is most tank builders probably wouldn't cover any warranty for a tank on a "diy" stand even though what i build would be 100% better than their crap.

• Like 2

Thoroughly cleaned my tank last night. Found the body of my possum wrasse, he lasted awhile but just didnt do well. Sad.

Aww. Arce, I'm sorry to read this.

• Like 1

I hear what you're saying about the 66 for sure! with the depth and width, it is bigger than what I actually had planned for as well. Looking forward to seeing what you end up with and what "life changes" are coming this spring ;)

• Like 1

Aww. Arce, I'm sorry to read this.

Thanks, just feel bad for the little guy. Sucks he just didnt do well.

I hear what you're saying about the 66 for sure! with the depth and width, it is bigger than what I actually had planned for as well. Looking forward to seeing what you end up with and what "life changes" are coming this spring ;)

I would love the 66, so much room, but def too big. Haha yea ill update about life plans eventually.

• Like 2

Thanks, just feel bad for the little guy. Sucks he just didnt do well.

I would love the 66, so much room, but def too big. Haha yea ill update about life plans eventually.

It is so hard when certain fish or critters just don't do well no matter what.

ha! I do love all the room! That is for sure! But the whole thing is a space hog. We have kind of a dead space in our kitchen that wasn't good for anything so this tank fits perfectly there. But not sure where I would've put it otherwise :) I had looked up custom tanks as well before I decided on the 66 - I really wanted a 36"x24x16" - but couldn't find a pre-made one and I had the same problem as you - it was so freaking expensive to do a custom build.

It is so hard when certain fish or critters just don't do well no matter what.

ha! I do love all the room! That is for sure! But the whole thing is a space hog. We have kind of a dead space in our kitchen that wasn't good for anything so this tank fits perfectly there. But not sure where I would've put it otherwise :) I had looked up custom tanks as well before I decided on the 66 - I really wanted a 36"x24x16" - but couldn't find a pre-made one and I had the same problem as you - it was so freaking expensive to do a custom build.

Yea the quotes i got were absurd. Unfortunately i may have no choice if i want the 30x20x18.

• Like 2

So back to the current tank...

Tempted to pull my sand out. Cant stand the HOB filtration and not having a skimmer. My nutrient levels are alright, not that i test for them just going off visuals, but requires an extreme amount of maintenance. I've been doing weekly water changes and sometimes ill do two a week just because of how dirty it is. Aggressively stirring the sand and blowing the rocks. Just hard to keep up with all the detritus and crap without a means of removal aside from a crappy hob filter and some pads.

• Like 2

I am a sand bed fan myself but I would not like looking at dirty sand either, so I can understand your reasoning.

Visually i would love to keep the sand. But i don't hate BB since my 29 was BB back when that was running. Its more of a decision driven by the water quality.

Could always throw a sump on this but I've gone down that avenue and never came to a decision.

Think i just need to stop being a baby and drill my 20 and throw the glass hole overflow i had from the 29 onto this. Just always afraid of the tank cracking, especially since i moved this tank to my second floor in my house where as the 29 was in my basement. Less chance of destroying things if it cracked and leaked in my basement.

• Like 2

I drilled the 29 and then the 40 that i was going to use but sold. Thats the easy part. Its living with it and being paranoid thats my problem lol. Im always afraid of coming home to a cracked tank and water all over lol.

• Like 2

Think i just need to stop being a baby and drill my 20 and throw the glass hole overflow i had from the 29 onto this. Just always afraid of the tank cracking, especially since i moved this tank to my second floor in my house where as the 29 was in my basement. Less chance of destroying things if it cracked and leaked in my basement.

hmm.. dude i have a 40b that's drilled for a glass holes overflow that will need a new home in a few weeks. it's yours, if you want it.

hmm.. dude i have a 40b that's drilled for a glass holes overflow that will need a new home in a few weeks. it's yours, if you want it.

Thanks but not looking for a 40.

Reef-Ready Aquariums

65 Gallon Reef-Ready Aquarium

Deep Blue Professional Model 65 Reef Ready Aquarium Built to Last, Designed to Impress. Reef Ready Models include compact corner overflow pre-filter, pre-drilled drain & return holes, complete plumbing kits, and patented Floodgate technology. All Reef Ready Models have upgrade bottom panels which are drilled and then tempered for extra strength & safety. Features : Universally sized injection molded frames, industrial strength black seal, thickest distortion free glass in industry, diamond polish edges, and tempered glass technology (select models). Ideal for both freshwater & marine aquaria.

Item #: ADB18065

UPC: 789416180659

Size: 36 in x 18 in x 24

Color/Finish: Black Injection-Molded Frame and Black Silicone Sealant

Optional Components: Glass Canopy – ADB33618 Cabinet – ADB25040 or ADB26040

More sizes

http://www.deepblueprofessional.com/reef-ready.html

57 Gallon Reef-Ready Aquarium

Deep Blue Professional Edge Series Aquariums Edge57 Rimless Reef Ready System. Features include: Opti-Pure glass front panel, rimless top design, center-back overflow pre-filter with patented Floodgate & cover. Complete plumbing kit included. Upgraded glass panes on all sides, drilled and tempered for strength and safety. Center back boxes used on Edge is 10 wide and 7 deep.

Item #: ADB13057

UPC: 789416130579

Size: 36x18x20

Color/Finish:

Optional Components: Cabinet - ADB25090 & ADB26090

New idea, although its the more expensive option, red sea 250, and rebuild the coralvue light fixture i have. Would need new ballasts for the t5s, replace the fans and then figure out leds, either diy or NB.

• Like 3