Top Shelf Aquatics

Arce's Tank

Arce

Havent seen the possum wrasse since he went in the tank, hes either dead or really good at hide and seek.

They are good at hiding but also good at jumping out.

When I rescaped my 40 yesterday the little guy wedged himself between the yellow tang and the glass to hide. If you lost this one get another, they are an amazing fish.

They are good at hiding but also good at jumping out.

When I rescaped my 40 yesterday the little guy wedged himself between the yellow tang and the glass to hide. If you lost this one get another, they are an amazing fish.

Ill be quite upset if he kicked the bucket. Unfortunately i dont know if a possum would even make it to be honest. My clown and springers were hella aggressive to the poor guy. I was going to try to avoid a sixline due to aggression but it appears it might be the better choice to put up with my clown.

HES ALIVE omgomgomg

But looks very weak. Must have been getting beaten up again. Bah hope he pulls through.

Yo. pic of the slimer in the tank?

Ill get one later tank is filthy.

• Like 1

HES ALIVE omgomgomg

But looks very weak. Must have been getting beaten up again. Bah hope he pulls through.

Unfortunately they are just going to bully him to death. Possum wrasse are way too shy and passive... you'd be better off with a four/six line or a larger wrasse such as a melanarus.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Unfortunately they are just going to bully him to death. Possum wrasse are way too shy and passive... you'd be better off with a four/six line or a larger wrasse such as a melanarus.

+1, they're not great fish to really mix with a lot of faster/more aggressive fish

• Like 1

So far the clown and damsel have left it alone. Only aggression i saw was when i first put him in which is to be expected. But im sure the stress of it all still got to the fish. Time will tell but last night he was out and eating and the clown left him alone. Just needs to learn the clowns territory and itll be good.

• Like 3

So my scape has been bugging me. More than it should. I think getting new rock would be stupid since it will cause a mess with a cycle and such, not trying to ruin what i have going. Im thinking about cutting out this section i circled, make it a bit more flat. I feel like that will give a bit more random look to my scape instead of it looking planned or intentional.

The monti in the pic will also be moved, its attached to rubble and not the scape. That will open that area up but i have no idea where to mount it. Not sure its worth even keeping since this tanks so small id be trimming that thing like crazy. Might just hold out for a starburst, this monti was just a free test frag from when i started thinking about going back to sps.

24018859446_8a70f7f926.jpg

• Like 1

The wrasse may not survive but i disagree that they are shy. When first added they are shy but eventually they show a pretty boisterous personality.

I think the main problem might be food. Mine only eats pods and flatworms and never anything I add to the tank. Because I keep pesty tanks mine is always fat and happy. :)

The wrasse may not survive but i disagree that they are shy. When first added they are shy but eventually they show a pretty boisterous personality.

I think the main problem might be food. Mine only eats pods and flatworms and never anything I add to the tank. Because I keep pesty tanks mine is always fat and happy. :)

Mine had eaten some brine yesterday. Fingers crossed, because i dont have much of a pod population thanks to my mandarin. Didnt realize these guys were so picky?

So my scape has been bugging me. More than it should. I think getting new rock would be stupid since it will cause a mess with a cycle and such, not trying to ruin what i have going. Im thinking about cutting out this section i circled, make it a bit more flat. I feel like that will give a bit more random look to my scape instead of it looking planned or intentional.

The monti in the pic will also be moved, its attached to rubble and not the scape. That will open that area up but i have no idea where to mount it. Not sure its worth even keeping since this tanks so small id be trimming that thing like crazy. Might just hold out for a starburst, this monti was just a free test frag from when i started thinking about going back to sps.

Patience isn't your thing, I get that. But There are a few solutions.

You have that rock that you don't like, but it's got nothing on top. What if you got new rock pieces and placed them on top of it and let them cycle and then removed the old hunk and put in the new?

If the white color will bother you get real reef rock purple pieces. They are cured live rock and if they are wet when you buy them, you won't even need to cycle them.

Patience isn't your thing, I get that. But There are a few solutions.

You have that rock that you don't like, but it's got nothing on top. What if you got new rock pieces and placed them on top of it and let them cycle and then removed the old hunk and put in the new?

If the white color will bother you get real reef rock purple pieces. They are cured live rock and if they are wet when you buy them, you won't even need to cycle them.

I thought of that but idk. I think this might be the easy fix just breaking some off the circled area.