Pod Your Reef

Arce's Tank

Arce

Yea they do look like one of the better options, ive seen alot of people connecting these to their ATIs. Did you have to drill a hole to mount your reefbrite to your ati or use some of the existing holes in the ati assembly.

I think i had seen that picture somewhere, thanks for the link. Ill take the BML off the list then. Think the only other thing that made me interested in them was the tank mounts and the ability to angle it.

I could do a simple diy, and make a adjustable tank mount. Just saw Rapid has some 24"x 1.6" sinks.

no drilling, uses existing screws on the ATI unit to attach it.

Narrowed it down to two options for LEDs. Both are going to tank mounted with DIY legs. Going to make it adjustable so i can angle it.

1. Heatsink usa 1" or 2" sink, leds will be exposed, kind of concerned with this? not sure if they can be that close to the water and be safe.

2. Rapid leds makes 1.6" strip heatsinks with shields/endcaps and such so no issue with water. But the profile is larger and would only hold 12 leds for the 24" sink.

• Like 2

Those are awesome.

Yea they are. Amazing color in person.

I need me some acans. I was looking for some over break but couldn't find any I liked.

My LFS got these on black friday, i wasnt even looking for them but couldnt pass them up. I think i saw POTO had some, not sure if youd want to ship though. Not sure they had ultras like this tho.

TheKleinReef

Yea they are. Amazing color in person.

My LFS got these on black friday, i wasnt even looking for them but couldnt pass them up. I think i saw POTO had some, not sure if youd want to ship though. Not sure they had ultras like this tho.

I haven't bought coral online in so long. But I might start.

Looks awesome, Arce!

Thanks Stella

dats some serious PE. dayum to the max

Yea PE has been pretty good

Looking good Arce. Slima-A-Lot seems happy.

Thanks kat, of course its happy, it came from your tank.

Looking good, Rooting for that blue stag!

Thanks, Me too!

Really pretty pics! Such nice colors and variety too!

Thanks Vlangel

Great shots, all the corals look really healthy.

Thanks, some are healthier than others but all improving.

• Like 4

I love the mix of different kind of corals you have in this tank :)

Thanks. I need some pinks though, just realized i have nothing pinkish. Maybe a millie or birdsnest.

• Like 1

Selling off my euphyllia, need to make room for SPS :ninja: . Anyone in jersey or NY want them lol :P ?

I wish you were closer :) I have a pink cadillac encrusting monti and the starburst (I think that's what it is called) cap :) I'm loving that frogspawn you have in the back (I think it is frogspawn).

I wish you were closer :) I have a pink cadillac encrusting monti and the starburst (I think that's what it is called) cap :) I'm loving that frogspawn you have in the back (I think it is frogspawn).

Been looking for starburst for awhile.

Yep thats a frogspawn, others a hammer nd then indo gold torch.

I would ship it to you but its kinda cold out lol

• Like 1

Been looking for starburst for awhile.

Yep thats a frogspawn, others a hammer nd then indo gold torch.

I would ship it to you but its kinda cold out lol

Yeah, just a LITTLE cold! I've decided to pare down my monti caps and go more LPS and softies with just a couple SPS. I've been looking for a frogspawn for a while and love the gold torch and hammer. Jeff is in NYC area for work a LOT. Maybe he can stop by and drop off some stuff for you!

• Like 1

Yeah, just a LITTLE cold! I've decided to pare down my monti caps and go more LPS and softies with just a couple SPS. I've been looking for a frogspawn for a while and love the gold torch and hammer. Jeff is in NYC area for work a LOT. Maybe he can stop by and drop off some stuff for you!

Oh yea? I work in the city. Let me know we can work something out.

• Like 1

Oh yea? I work in the city. Let me know we can work something out.

Week after next he is in NYC from Tuesday through Thursday. I don't know the exact schedule, but I'll find out. I wonder how that would work though. He can bring these with him, but since he's there so long you guys might need to meet up twice. That sounds stressful :lol: